[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Chicken Plucker

College time, didn't stop me from working on a mod trailer when it's all done. It's gonna be John Whack!  8)

Hope to release the mods soon, cheers all

Madman666

Uuuu, damn, can't wait to get my hands on all that goodness. Dat feeling when literally 3-4 mods out of 200 are left until i can start my run, eh? =)

Canute

Don't let your distract you much from the college. But since you said you are doing that at the military i bet you won't have that much time then on the normal ones.

I know from my expierence, computing,hobby can a huge distraction from learning.
John Whack, The deal with the mechanoid queen.
I bet when you can made this into a short movie, and put in on Youtube, you will get alot if subscriber and maybe some income ! :-)

Chicken Plucker

Finished scene today of Jom Weck

I added John Wick's Glock 34 Combat Master variant from John Wick 2, and the one being used in these .gifs, it uses a special armor piercing 9mm round that does 100% armor penetration.

I also added that 9mm AP round to another pistol called "Luison" from Rainbow Six.

These unique weapons will be uncraftable, the only unique weapon I'll allow to be craftable is the golden Desert Eagle here

There will be some rares like golden AK47, Hellfighter M1911 (from Battlefield 1) that are only found through merchants or maybe item stashes.

Because of Madman being all super sad about weapons being removed, I have decided to add plenty of weapons back. By plenty, I mean I have reduced the rifles being removed to about 0 and sniper rifles being removed to 1 only. (for now)

This is the drawback of adding back many weapons, I don't want a workbill filling up the screen, I'm cutting plenty of weapons out of the workbenches, this includes milspec rifles that will be used by factions:

M27 IAR (US Marine Corps)

M4A1 Milspec (US Army)

L85A3 (British Military)

I might also cut down the BIG factions.

Example: Instead of the British Armed Forces being British Army, Royal Marines and SAS, they will just be called "British Military" and pawns will be titled "Soldier", "Marine" or "Spec Op" as opposed to the rank system. This will cause a lot less lag in the world and the factions won't be a stranger to each other since they will be join in their efforts.

Quote from: Madman666 on September 10, 2018, 05:25:41 PM
Uuuu, damn, can't wait to get my hands on all that goodness. Dat feeling when literally 3-4 mods out of 200 are left until i can start my run, eh? =)

I wanna play too man, I wanna update my mods and get to build houses again and grow rice, it's not been the same since. From all my testing work, it's been a blast shooting down scythers with that Glock 34 though, John Wick style. That and all the other finished weapons for now of course!

Quote from: Canute on September 11, 2018, 06:09:51 AM
Don't let your distract you much from the college. But since you said you are doing that at the military i bet you won't have that much time then on the normal ones.

I know from my expierence, computing,hobby can a huge distraction from learning.
John Whack, The deal with the mechanoid queen.
I bet when you can made this into a short movie, and put in on Youtube, you will get alot if subscriber and maybe some income ! :-)

Not distracted at all bro, I get over to that military college and it's a lot of PT and going home bloody tired, it's not like my other college where it was a ton of essays. I'm trying to be a medic, and I just wish I could do this hobby and all of that at the same time, but as I write I only have 1 minute left till I need to go sleep.

Also! Nah I won't get income over one video haha, even if I somehow got 5,000 or 10,000 subscribers for one video? Highly unlikely, the youtube algorithm monetizes people who upload consistently, has a consistent amount of views and rising subs.

Back to work all, tiny progress today but it's better than zero.

Madman666

You just made my day, man! I am perfectly happy with some weapons being uncraftable, but still present via factions, merchants and quests, although overcluttered bill tab is not a problem for me thanks to Dubs. Its precisely that feeling when you rarely see a guy with the same weapon in a raid, that makes it so cool and all those sprites so well made too!

As for condensing factions into one big faction with just generally more units types. Well, i don't have anything agains it and if it lightens your workload - please go for it. In fact it might be even better, since with couple more mods like Medieval times, faction tab tends to get cluttered as well. Really, CP, thanks for these great news. I really hope i didn't inconvenience you too much with my cheeky wishes... Those sprites are just too tasty to let go of. XD

FeltTapestry

I just want to say thanks for your great mods. Because of you, I am now attempting to learn xml and C++ to make mods of my own.

dninemfive

@FeltTapestry It's always nice to see new modders! I hope you're getting along well with XML, I just wanted to point you to this tutorial which is what helped me get started with C#.

@Chicken Plucker I'm waiting with bated breath for the release of Rimmu-Nation, which is one of the last mods I consider mandatory for a new playthrough. I just wanted to ask whether the Wasteland Republic and/or Last Man Mercs will be part of that mod or their own standalone factions.

Chicken Plucker

Test package available

Includes:
- Chicken Mitchell Hairstyles B19 (Unfinished version)
- Rimmu-Nation Weapons B19 (Test version)
- A Phonecall away B19 (Test version)

Note:
I recommend not playing with these unless you accept the possibly of broken saves or incomplete features. Use at your own risk, might see some hilarious bugs.

Rimmu-Nation Weapons issues
- All weapons are craftable in the vanilla machining bench at the moment
- Exotic weapons and launchers are uncraftable, will need dev mode to spawn the Javelin and airstrikes
- Unfinished weapon tags, all weapons possibly spawn for pirates except for the Spacer and Launchers (needs testing)
- No weapon categories
- Assault rifles, Semi auto marksman rifles, melee and most bolt action sniper rifles are missing except for the M24A2
- Balancing is not quite finished
- Auger WS misses all the bloody time behind walls

Other mods' possible issues
- Build a second mission board to avoid the one day cooldown from the other duplicate
- Nothing I know of besides some incomplete features.

Quote from: Madman666 on September 11, 2018, 05:45:37 PM
Its precisely that feeling when you rarely see a guy with the same weapon in a raid, that makes it so cool and all those sprites so well made too!

I agree, so now I'm adding more weapons.

Been testing the new vanilla system, as far as I know the strongest calibre vanilla has is 7.62x51mm NATO from the bolt action rifle, the minigun is supposed to use .50 cal or something, but it does some small damage.

Since I'm adding in weapons like Kar98k here, that use a BIG cartridge like 8mm Mauser, or how about an AW50 that uses .50 BMG, I had to fill in some blanks and make stronger bullets from what vanilla has.

(Sped up 3x)
Firefights are more deadly than B18, especially if you don't have proper armor (ehem Rimmu-Nation clothing not coded yet ehehehe).

Just a note, the guy with the M249 was 20 at shooting, so he was laying down fire like it was nobody's business. Combat logs mention the bullet names, pretty heckin' cool especially with the new feature of accurate bullet names and behaviour (at least, my attempt of that)

I noticed calibres with a "." at the beginning (e.g. .303) forgets the space at the beginning of it's name, even if I add a space the game automatically deletes it. I hope this bothers nobody, can't seem to fix.

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on September 12, 2018, 12:37:26 PM
awww shiit

Hey there, goot to see you again  8)

jon weck men

Quote from: FeltTapestry on September 13, 2018, 09:54:07 AM
I just want to say thanks for your great mods. Because of you, I am now attempting to learn xml and C++ to make mods of my own.

I'm happy to hear you were inspired to make cool stuff for Rimworld, if you ever wanted my assets let me know (might do a public release for them anyway when I'm not busy, just that theyre incomplete just like everything else in me bloody life)

Also, I've said it before but there's nothing to thank me for. I'll thank you guys though for voicing your appreciation and for using the mods!

Quote from: dninemfive on September 13, 2018, 10:04:51 PM
@Chicken Plucker I'm waiting with bated breath for the release of Rimmu-Nation, which is one of the last mods I consider mandatory for a new playthrough. I just wanted to ask whether the Wasteland Republic and/or Last Man Mercs will be part of that mod or their own standalone factions.

Nah, the factions are always separate. I don't want the mod to be too cluttered, they do share assets. Umbra Company for example during B18 used the Rimmu-Nation weapons and the food like MREs.

I left the testing stuff I have been playing with, I hope you guys have fun with that, I know the mission board is finished so Im positive you guys will with that. Unfortunately the clothing mod hasn't even begun yet, so that will be a while from now.

Will be back for updates, cheers guys. Pardon taking time to reply, I have been unable to on weekdays

Madman666

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on September 15, 2018, 04:59:51 AM

Hell yeah!! More and more FIREPOWER for the people! Amazing news, CP. While i do wanna start a big run as fast as i can - no need to rush with finishing touches for Rimmu-Nation and clothing - take your time to balance it all and distribute to crafting stations just right! Thanks for spending your precious time on it for us.

ninjaklan

I registered here just to say I love your mods, thank you for your tacticool efforts in bringing the cool gear stuff in the game. I've been away since A18, just got into B19 - I checked everywhere but are there any of your uniform mods working in B19? Like the SAS kits etc?

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on September 15, 2018, 05:55:48 AM
Quote from: Chicken Plucker on September 15, 2018, 04:59:51 AM

Glad you're happy with the new firepowah, I assumed you were gonna wanna test weapons for the feel though

Hell yeah!! More and more FIREPOWER for the people! Amazing news, CP. While i do wanna start a big run as fast as i can - no need to rush with finishing touches for Rimmu-Nation and clothing - take your time to balance it all and distribute to crafting stations just right! Thanks for spending your precious time on it for us.

Quote from: ninjaklan on September 15, 2018, 06:25:25 AM
I registered here just to say I love your mods, thank you for your tacticool efforts in bringing the cool gear stuff in the game. I've been away since A18, just got into B19 - I checked everywhere but are there any of your uniform mods working in B19? Like the SAS kits etc?

That's because they aren't even updated yet. What I'm hoping for is to push Rimmu-Nation: Clothing out soon, because it's gonna get some basic military and tactical clothing out while those other mods will go through updates

Madman666

I will definitely be testing the feel of weapon balance, though for now in "random skirmish mode" - as in spawning raids and having fun seeing how they perform against each other, since there s still some mods i d like to get updated before i launch a big run. Plus some of them sadly are broken as all hell :P

rawrfisher

Quote from: Madman666 on September 15, 2018, 07:37:36 AM
I will definitely be testing the feel of weapon balance, though for now in "random skirmish mode" - as in spawning raids and having fun seeing how they perform against each other, since there s still some mods i d like to get updated before i launch a big run. Plus some of them sadly are broken as all hell :P

A few polaris mods come to mind when you mention broken mods.
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Rustic Fox

The legend strikes again with another massive news update. With test Versions  ;D
I am a mod creator that creates my own custom mods but also believes in keeping alive older interesting mods.

My Mods: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=50497