[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on September 23, 2018, 10:09:49 AM
I suggest nerfing them a bit, with 60 and 80 kg weight capacity for civ back and military one respectively. +adding one futuristic-glitterworld (something from DOOM universe) - either uncraftable, or extremely expensive that does add 100-120kg. That d be nice.

You could also make their carry weight bonus depend on their quality, which would be quite interesting to have. Though that d require c#.

Alright, all done. I went the realistic route.

New stats:

Madman666

Well thats fine, it ll still be a huge help for caravanning.

Canute

I still think 60/80 kg are far too much.
Don't forget an alpaca/dromedare can carry 70kg, compared to reallife when you see what a dromedare can carry no human could carry that.

I think 20/40kg are a realistic value.
Ofcouse you can create some exoskelet armor, that give improved weight cap. at the cost of movement speed. (allready exist for the US army or industry) and maybe an adv. one without movement penalty.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Canute on September 23, 2018, 11:30:20 AM
I still think 60/80 kg are far too much.
Don't forget an alpaca/dromedare can carry 70kg, compared to reallife when you see what a dromedare can carry no human could carry that.

I think 20/40kg are a realistic value.
Ofcouse you can create some exoskelet armor, that give improved weight cap. at the cost of movement speed. (allready exist for the US army or industry) and maybe an adv. one without movement penalty.

Darn it Canute coming in here with your realism and your accuracy ruinin' all the fun

Here's the new stats, please anyone else feel free to slap me with reality and tell me body armors don't stop bullets 100% of the time.

I'm just kidding, thanks Canute, I love you.

Madman666

Weight system in Rimworld is reasonably warped in the first place. Its damn weird alpaca and dromedary can carry so little. 20-40kgs is way too little. And a person can haul a friggin elephant corpse across a ludeonicrous map without any consequences, but can only carry 35kg of weight when going out of them map. I know - balance reasons, but its still bull. I d like backpacks to be efficient way to use animals a lot less, not compliment them. Because animal keeping is and always was annoying, in b19 more than ever.

Well i was late, disaster already happened. Sigh.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on September 23, 2018, 11:46:42 AM
Weight system in Rimworld is reasonably warped in the first place. Its damn weird alpaca and dromedary can carry so little. 20-40kgs is way too little. And a person can haul a friggin elephant corpse across a ludeonicrous map without any consequences, but can only carry 35kg of weight when going out of them map. I know - balance reasons, but its still bull. I d like backpacks to be efficient way to use animals a lot less, not compliment them. Because animal keeping is and always was annoying, in b19 more than ever.

Well i was late, disaster already happened. Sigh.

Not at all, this is an open platform, I'm waiting for feedback before the thing is released.

I agree with you here, the weight system isn't accurate to real life in the first place

Madman666

Well it can't really be accurate. Plus there s that Tynan didn't really aim much for IRL accuracy. I know +30 carry weight is still a lot, but honestly at this point the only thing i lack, which no mod solves - trasportation voes. Transport pods are one-time-use resource waste and animals are a bucket of annoyances starting with food, ending with them getting shot in world map encounters. There was that dropship mod, but it wasn't updated and dunno if it will be, so transport problem remains unsolved.

Still i imagine backpack stats are xml thing, so i probably will be able to adjust them to my comfort anyway, so feel free to balance them how you see most fit.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on September 23, 2018, 11:57:08 AM
Well it can't really be accurate. Plus there s that Tynan didn't really aim much for IRL accuracy. I know +30 carry weight is still a lot, but honestly at this point the only thing i lack, which no mod solves - trasportation voes. Transport pods are one-time-use resource waste and animals are a bucket of annoyances starting with food, ending with them getting shot in world map encounters. There was that dropship mod, but it wasn't updated and dunno if it will be, so transport problem remains unsolved.

Still i imagine backpack stats are xml thing, so i probably will be able to adjust them to my comfort anyway, so feel free to balance them how you see most fit.

Okay okay okay, guys.

I have a confession to make. I was never one for good balancing, my first release of mod was the "SAS Black Kit" and those apparel had like 400% protection. So, I put back the old backpack capacities before Canute gave his suggestion, but I kept the movement speed reduction.

Honestly guys, I LIKE the idea of never having to tame one of those foul beasts ever again, if they will ever be a part my colony, they're going to be pieces of butchered meat in the fridge because there are mouths to feed and tarnation if I have to lose all my delicious MREs to a bunch of Muffalos.

Sorry Canute, I can't allow the Muffalo uprising to carry on here

Madman666

I guess you could make movement penalty a bit more significant to compensate. You can't really happily run around in military gear and also a huge backpack loaded with raw steel :P

I suck ass at balancing.

Canute

Sorry to take out the fun, i don't want it realistic, just want balance it a bit.
When a pawn can natural carry 30-35kg extra weight in Rimworld, and you give him an extra ordinary backpack for extra 80kg, that don't sounds right to me they are humans not a packmules.

Madman666

A human that can't carry more than 35 kg isn't much of a human to be fair...

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Canute on September 23, 2018, 12:31:27 PM
Sorry to take out the fun, i don't want it realistic, just want balance it a bit.
When a pawn can natural carry 30-35kg extra weight in Rimworld, and you give him an extra ordinary backpack for extra 80kg, that don't sounds right to me they are humans not a packmules.

Alright, here's what I did. I RESTORED the "balanced" stats because Canute is clearly well funded by the Muffalo resistance, and he is their spokesperson

It's here again and this will be the final stats:

Now, before Madman gets a heart attack and I pack my bags, (lol get it, pack my bags) It turns out this carrying capacity the backpack adds is added onto the Pawn's natural +30 carrying capacity.

It's not the end of the world, the Military backpack can still add to up to 70kg for pawns in total. Balancing is actually part of the fun, I'm just exaggerating earlier cause I was joking. (or was I?) Rimworld is a survival game, and obviously limitations are what makes the game's consequences have weight when choices are made.

It's settled now, thanks for the feedback guys.

Madman666

I knew it added up capacity, not replaced it. lol Won't have a heart attack, but will be fiddling with numbers in xml for sure :P

Canute

Madman666, the superpawn, his backpacks give +666kg extra weight cap ! :-)
Not to forget the ability to fly ! :-)

Madman666

I would, no z level in Rimworld, much to my dismay. What kind of inferior being can't even fly?

On a serious note, i liked 60-80 kgs stat set, so that what i ll go with. Because screw muffalo keeping.