[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Skynert

sumghai

Really enjoying the updates to Red Horse Furniture and RN Weapons, looking forward to the full release.

Just a general heads-up for everyone else - the (unfinished and unstable) RN Weapons is not yet compatible with the 1.0 prerelease of Prepare Carefully, and will crash the game if you try to customize your colonists' inventory and supplies, as it cannot handle uncategorized weapons.

RN Clothing and Prepare Carefully still works fine, though.

Canute

Quote from: sumghai on October 25, 2018, 07:54:27 AM
That indicate CP did a good work with his def's.
If he would learn C# or some other language he can open his own developer studio and wouldn't need to study ! :-)

Chicken Plucker

Progress Report:
(Current update not yet implemented/finished)
Update now implemented but is still unfinished.

Rimmu-Nation: Weapons

Enjoying some ol' fashioned and tacticool new AK variants. (Note: Only the AK47 Tactical has been implemented as of this post)

New AN94 texture:
Before

After

Also changed FN MAG texture:
Before

After

Will be adding 3 new LMGs:
Mk. 48

HK MG4

HK MG5

The HK MG series will end up replacing the FN Minimi and the M240 in the heavy bench, they will be the LMGs available for the player. I am most likely not doing a German faction anytime soon, besides the fact that German weapons look so beautiful and they're highly reliable, it's better for people to get accustomed to variety, weapons they dont know than people just churning out the ones they were familiar with had I made every weapon craftable.

Had to throw in this ol' revolver

SW Model 29

Saw a mod that only added the Model 29, the person did an awesome job remaking the famous "are you feeling lucky?" scene from Dirty Harry in Rimworld style, so I felt compelled to add this in my mod as a tribute (cause I personally dont wanna use other weapon mods, rip)

Here's the mod I'm talking about for reference.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1544323046&searchtext=Model+29

Anyways. Got a lot of work to do. Been neglecting my health because of modding, in fact my homework from the college is to run 10 miles during the week and record it. The week is almost over and I have run 0 miles, already gaining me bloody weight just lying down in bed trying to update this darn tootin' mod.

Will get back with some update, there's other minor changes/fixes that has been made that aren't listed here.

Quote from: Skynert on October 25, 2018, 07:19:25 AM
Quote- No more .50 BMG pirates.

But, why?

They're bloody pirates not special forces, look, if I ever see a Somalian pirate with a .50 cal I'll seriously consider changes. For now these high power weapons are off-limits for NPCs until I make factions, then people will be begging me to remove tanks or remove rocket launchers from those factions instead. (which they have during B18, rip)

Really enjoying the updates to Red Horse Furniture and RN Weapons, looking forward to the full release.

Just a general heads-up for everyone else - the (unfinished and unstable) RN Weapons is not yet compatible with the 1.0 prerelease of Prepare Carefully, and will crash the game if you try to customize your colonists' inventory and supplies, as it cannot handle uncategorized weapons.

Huh that's odd, I'm using the current Steam version and it all works there, is it because that version of Prepare Carefully is not up to date? The categories are still there, just that they're using vanilla categories and not my own.

Quote from: Canute on October 25, 2018, 09:44:14 AM
That indicate CP did a good work with his def's.
If he would learn C# or some other language he can open his own developer studio and wouldn't need to study ! :-)

Just bloody copied and pasted things mate. If I learned C# I'd still have to attend military college if I wanna maintain fitness and pass the British Army selection

hauvega

CP  I got a couple of errors with Rimmu-Nation: Weapons 1.0  Missing RNBenchBase thingdef.  XML error: Could not find parent node named "RNBenchBase" for node "ThingDef". Full node: <ThingDef ParentName="RNBenchBase"><defName>RNBench_CQB</defName><label>RN CQB bench</label><description>A workbench for manufacturing Rimmu-Nation shotguns and PDWs.
and this error
Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for CPWeaponExt.HarmonyRailgun ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Harmony.HarmonyInstance' from assembly '0Harmony, Version=1.0.9.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Take care of yourself FIRST!

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: hauvega on October 25, 2018, 12:11:36 PM
CP  I got a couple of errors with Rimmu-Nation: Weapons 1.0  Missing RNBenchBase thingdef.  XML error: Could not find parent node named "RNBenchBase" for node "ThingDef". Full node: <ThingDef ParentName="RNBenchBase"><defName>RNBench_CQB</defName><label>RN CQB bench</label><description>A workbench for manufacturing Rimmu-Nation shotguns and PDWs.
and this error
Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for CPWeaponExt.HarmonyRailgun ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Harmony.HarmonyInstance' from assembly '0Harmony, Version=1.0.9.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Take care of yourself FIRST!

Got it from someone in Steam too. Just fixed it now, I included the bench base in the mod

Edit: Side textures of clothing and weapon benches fixed, they were facing the wrong way.
Updates are available front page.

hauvega

XML error: Could not find parent node named "RNBuildingBase"

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: hauvega on October 25, 2018, 12:46:28 PM
XML error: Could not find parent node named "RNBuildingBase"

Woosh, is fixed now

Ran 1 mile, it's getting dark. Rest of the 9 miles sometime in the following days, hopefully we do Rimmu-Nation as well all finished and stuff eh

Madman666

Darn, nice progress there, CP! Just a little bit before RN Weapons are ready for some skull-crackin!

hauvega

Your railgun assembly needs recompilation or correct harmony dll version included.  Throws this error:
I checked for error with 1.0.9.1 and it did not throw error.

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: hauvega on October 25, 2018, 03:18:51 PM
Your railgun assembly needs recompilation or correct harmony dll version included.  Throws this error:
I checked for error with 1.0.9.1 and it did not throw error.

Ah shoot, I know the issue. I didn't include a harmony assembly within the mod, I included one now in the latest build.

Version 11 is up.

Quote from: Madman666 on October 25, 2018, 02:13:08 PM
Darn, nice progress there, CP! Just a little bit before RN Weapons are ready for some skull-crackin!

Hey Madman, I need your expertise. I can't think of a cool Russian name for a possible faction that uses the GORKA-4 and Telnyashka + possible some new body armor and helmet.

It's gonna be a Russian PMC, separate and hostile to War Mongrels.

Madman666

PMC as in private military contractor? Hm, let me think something up.

Well the most obvious (and infamous one i think) is Wagner's PMC. I am sure you heard of it.

There are also Orel-Antiterror (Eagle-Antiterror if you translate it), Slav Corps, MAR, Ferax, RSB Group etc...

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on October 25, 2018, 04:21:40 PM
PMC as in private military contractor? Hm, let me think something up.

Well the most obvious (and infamous one i think) is Wagner's PMC. I am sure you heard of it.

There are also Orel-Antiterror (Eagle-Antiterror if you translate it), Slav Corps, MAR, Ferax, RSB Group etc...

Want an original group mah friend, I would rather not use official PMCs like Black Water, which I thought about doing since it would limit the freedom of creativity.

Madman666

Ah, so you want original non-existent russian name for the group. Well ok.

Serebryanie Teni (Silver Shadows)
"Monolit" Special Corps
"Arbalet" Division
"Fakel" subterfuge team
"Chaika" security force
"Mirotvorec" fast reaction force
"Oplot" defense force

Something along those line. Also:

"Cherniy Molot"
"Nadziratel"
"Stalnoi Bastion"

Chicken Plucker

Download links for latest update is in front page of this post

Rimmu-Nation Clothing

- Lynx-T helmet now craftable
- FAST helmet PMC now craftable
- AR500 PMC now craftable (just like ol' times)
(Super rare chicken helmet still not craftable, never ever will be in a billion years)

Quote from: Madman666 on October 25, 2018, 05:17:44 PM
Ah, so you want original non-existent russian name for the group. Well ok.

Serebryanie Teni (Silver Shadows)
"Monolit" Special Corps
"Arbalet" Division
"Fakel" subterfuge team
"Chaika" security force
"Mirotvorec" fast reaction force
"Oplot" defense force

Something along those line. Also:

"Cherniy Molot"
"Nadziratel"
"Stalnoi Bastion"

I see some I like, thank you. I'll keep them in mind when I get around to it. (never, rip)

Thinking about ally factions now. When Rimmu-Nation hits, either Task Force 141 is updated, or Task Force STALKER with their respective new uniforms.

I'm thinking they could use some light vehicles, but I also need Red Horse Furniture sorted out with QRF landing drop pods on the edge instead of the center due to causing cave collapses.

Funvee:

3D Model done by "AID" from Sketchfab

It would be nice for allies to have some form of armor! It's gonna be a while till the British military returns, or till the US military makes it's debut.