[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

hauvega

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

AwesomeMcAwesome

Enjoying the hell outta your weapon mod, and their descriptions

So I'm using the ProperShotgun mod and wondering if you're going to add a patch to integrate your weapon mod with it, since I like both, and it's weird seeing other shotty shoots pellets while yours only spew out one

dninemfive

Edit: Previously, I just had a douchy comment here telling AwesomeMcAwesome to do it theirself. I felt bad about that, so here's a patch. I haven't tested, let alone balanced it, but it should work. CP, I give you full permission to use this in your mod. AwesomeMcAwesome, you can load this by saving the code below as an XML file in a new "Patches" folder in the same folder as "About", "Defs", &c in the mod folder, then loading Rimmu-Nation Weapons after Proper Shotguns.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Patch>
<Operation Class="PatchOperationSequence">
  <success>Always</success>
  <operations>
    <li Class="PatchOperationTest">
      <xpath>*/ThingDef[defName = "RNBullet_12Gauge_Shotgun"]</xpath>
    </li>
<li Class="PatchOperationAddModExtension">
<xpath>*/ThingDef[defName="RNBullet_12Gauge_Shotgun"]</xpath>
<value>
<li Class="ProperShotguns.ShotgunExtension">
<pelletCount>6</pelletCount>
</li>
</value>
</li>
<li Class="PatchOperationAddModExtension">
<xpath>*/ThingDef[defName="RNBullet_23x75mmR_Shotgun"]</xpath>
<value>
<li Class="ProperShotguns.ShotgunExtension">
<pelletCount>8</pelletCount>
</li>
</value>
</li>
<li Class="PatchOperationReplace">
<xpath>*/ThingDef[defName = "RNBullet_12Gauge_Shotgun" or defName="RNBullet_23x75mmR_Shotgun"]/graphicData/texPath</xpath>
<value>
<texPath>Things/Projectile/Bullet_Small</texPath>
</value>
</li>
  </operations>
</Operation>
<Operation Class="PatchOperationSequence">
  <success>Always</success>
  <operations>
<li Class="PatchOperationTest">
  <xpath>*/ThingDef[defName = "RNGun_AA12S"]</xpath>
</li>
<li Class="PatchOperationReplace">
<xpath>*/ThingDef[defName="RNGun_AA12S" or defName="RNGun_SawedOff" or defName="RNGun_KS23S" or defName="RNGun_KSGS" or defName="RNGun_Model1887LA" or defName="RNGun_Model1897S" or defName="RNGun_Mossberg500S" or defName="RNGun_Mossberg500TacticalS" or defName="RNGun_KS23S" or defName="RNGun_Remington870S" or defName="RNGun_Remington870MagnumS" or defName="RNGun_Remington870TacticalS" or defName="RNGun_Saiga12S" or defName="RNGun_SuperShorty" or defName="RNGun_SPAS12S" or defName="RNGun_Supernova" or defName="RNGun_USAS12S" or defName="RNGun_UTS15S" or defName="RNGun_M1014S" or defName="RNGun_UTS15S" or defName="RNGun_UTS15S" or defName="RNGun_UTS15S"]/verbs/li/verbClass</xpath>
<value>
<verbClass>ProperShotguns.Verb_ShootShotgun</verbClass>
</value>
</li>
  </operations>
</Operation>
</Patch>

AwesomeMcAwesome

Quote from: dninemfive on October 28, 2018, 11:35:18 AM
Edit: Previously, I just had a douchy comment here telling AwesomeMcAwesome to do it theirself. I felt bad about that, so here's a patch. I haven't tested, let alone balanced it, but it should work. CP, I give you full permission to use this in your mod. AwesomeMcAwesome, you can load this by saving the code below as an XML file in a new "Patches" folder in the same folder as "About", "Defs", &c in the mod folder, then loading Rimmu-Nation Weapons after Proper Shotguns.

Aw thanks man, you're a reason why the world isn't so bad

Chicken Plucker

Download links for latest update is in front page of this post

"Operator as fricc dude."

Rimmu-Nation Clothing

- Added PT A-Bravo helmet, two variants
- Added 5.11 TacTec body armor
- Added Tactical sling backpack
- Added black fleece combats
(NOTE: Please do not forget to re-enable them for stockpiles and outfit restrictions, new items are automatically disabled.)
- Made a few popular civilian clothing craftable I.E. Trench coat grey and brown, Division Jacket and etc.
- Changed some descriptions for clothing to be more interesting
- Changed fleece insulation to be closer to jackets

- Updated RNC version with all clothing craftable.

Red Horse Furniture

- New Survival Machine
- MREs, IFAK and Medic Bags are back
(NOTE: Please do not forget to re-enable them for stockpiles and food restrictions. New items are automatically disabled)
- VR Trainers now haulable
- Microelectronics now needed for console and PC research for balancing.
- New "Game development" job type for Black Hat Station
- Mission board now has the "Signal orbital trader arrive" (requires a comms console)
- Contractors now have a low chance of spawning with spacer weapons
- Increased Portal VR Trainer stat incrase slightly
- Increased construction skill requirements for VR Trainers
- Increased construction skill requirements for Black Hat Station
- Increased cost of Maxi Meals from Vending Machine
- Increased market value of Nuka Cola Quantum
- Corrected cost of bulk Nuka Cola

- Updated RHF version with no Blackhat and VR Trainers also.

Rimmu-Nation Weapons

- Added Remington 870 HRT for patching reasons.
- Tweaked grenade launchers. XM25 and MGL has more delay now.
- Tweaked 40mm grenade projectile. Explodes near instant for impact now but smaller blast radius.
- Made a separate patch for proper shotguns, thanks to dninemfive for making it.

Rimmu-Nation Proper Shotguns Patch

- This has a working Remington 870 patch after seeing dninemfive's original one. I reccommend to download this separate patch to keep up-to-date
- Also, you get this cool John Wick preview I just made

Wups, the shotgun patch is now officially a part of the proper shotguns mod. Shame eh? Made the preview for the patch and all but at least its more convenient for you guys now!

Vacation is over. Spents most of my 12 days modding, I have only ran 5.5 miles and I have 4.5 more to go unless I want staff to make me need new arms and legs when they tear me apart. Please enjoy these updates I have sweated for, I thank you all for your support and voicing your opinions, it's been a wild ride.

It's gonna be back to slow progress from now on. My friend the weapons tech guy is still sorting out bullets, he's doing extensive ballistics research from calibers he doesn't even know and I'm surprised he's putting in the extra effort for this.

Take care all, stay tacticool.

Quote from: dninemfive on October 28, 2018, 11:35:18 AM
Edit: Previously, I just had a douchy comment here telling AwesomeMcAwesome to do it theirself. I felt bad about that, so here's a patch.

Not at all. I thought you were just trying to help, and that you did. If you felt like you did something wrong and you went out of your way to correct it being convicted, then that's wonderful.

This has helped me from spending any more time patching. Glad you got what you needed AwesomeMcAwesome, credited dninemfive here fully.

Rimmu-Nation Clothing

- Fixed this minor error (For RNC All Craftables version also). I was triggered.
- Also forgot to mention, 6B23-1 vest has been shaded.

Skynert

Why my tacticool mercs getting food poisoning from food from vending machines? Or my dogs.

falconmwo

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Skynert on October 29, 2018, 07:01:43 AM
Why my tacticool mercs getting food poisoning from food from vending machines? Or my dogs.

That one is beyond my grasp sadly, Vending Machines are treated like cooking stations and cooking skill is used. That's all the technicalities behind it.

So your storage and the environment affects food poisoning, the fridges being in the same room doesn't help as opposed to a walk in freezer

If have to pay for C# again to sort it out, which I need to let go and stop doing

Quote from: falconmwo on October 29, 2018, 08:20:57 AM
add ammunition for weapons need ammo

Comrade that is not that easy. If you want ammo you want combat extended, it is a finished mod with its own weapons and ammo. It's complicated to even patch for combat extended, it's even worse making my own system with C#.

I'd have to pay a more talented coder billions, and frankly it won't even be a feature I want cause I like vanilla

falconmwo

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: falconmwo on October 29, 2018, 10:56:15 AM
can you recommend a mod for ammo?

Try "combat extended" by NoImageAvailable mate. There were other ammo mods but I believe to this day those are not updated

Chicken Plucker

Rimmu-Nation Clothing

- Tweaked helmet commonalities for NPCs
- Also updated the all craftables version with this balancing

Red Horse Furniture

- QRF no longer drop in center to avoid cave-ins
- Patrols now always walk from the edge of the map.
- No VR Trainer and Black Hat version also updated

Vacation is supposed to be over, but whatever eh? Here's the latest fixed, cheers all.

I accidentally made NVG helmets and chicken hats common, so now that has been fixed along with the Red Phone thing where reinforcements can potentially kill you with cave-ins

Quote from: falconmwo on October 29, 2018, 11:36:41 AM
no for v1.0

Don't know any my friend, best wait for updates from the other authors. In the meantime, if you're interested in tacticool weapons with supressors and never ending barrage of ammunition then feel free to install the stable unfinished Rimmu-Nation Weapons version  8)

Red Horse Furniture

- Fixed VR issue with interaction spots

Chicken Plucker

Red Horse Furniture

- No more food poisoning from Vending Machines, eat away.
- No black hat and VR version also updated

Rimmu-Nation - Weapons

- Found a way to fix "&" issue in .xml, now the Smith & Wesson weapons and ammo names are properly labelled.

Chicken Mitchell Hairstyles

- Prevented THIS from possibly happening again.
Tribals are no longer tagged with bearded hairstyles to prevent this issue. Francis hairstyle was set to Male only, but had the tribal tag.

Nimrod

Hello!

First off: I really like your mod. The visuals are stunning. Most of your ideas are fantastic.

That said, there are some things I would like to comment (I use your steam workshop mods - all except the portable generator):

Some of the things you add unbalance the game quite drastically. This can of course be avoided by me as player, by not picking/using certain elements. Nevertheless I chose to comment here and maybe get some insights from you as creator.

The things that stand out most are these:
.) easy way to make thousands of silver in almost no time with more or less zero danger (tech jobs on desk)
.) Mission board - good idea but WAY WAY way ;) too cheap - 500 silver, you get what you want - instant colonist with full battle rattle, every mission you like, etc. for just 500 silver (could be free at this point)
.) Instant food for silver via machines - with the job at the desk, it also could just be free - no difference no investment from the player
.) medical add-ons (IV and stuff) - again awesome idea, perfect visuals but WAY overpowered. I mean check the stats when you get them all set up - again they cost next to nothing for the benefits
.) military chemfuel generator - highly unbalanced. cost/upkeep/output are in no relation. can be build way BEFORE geothermal and its output is higher. need one or two boomalopes to never think about power again

In my opinion every gain should be balanced in some way. Else its just a fancy "You win" button. (And we got the development console for free stuff :D )

Will you think about rebalancing things? Or maybe add Mod options, so that each player can decide for him/herself how much things should cost?

This should please be seen as constructive criticism, and can be ignored by anyone or everyone who does not agree ;)

The whole tacti-cool idea is awesome, thanks for your effort!

Edit: Also, where are the BOOTS and GLOVES (and goggles)? :D almost no modder adds those - pawns run around with bare feet and get their toes shot off. Tactical sandals anyone? (I could of course port my own stuff over from B17 but I am way too lazy and just want to play)

Madman666

Well its only a part of whole project, which will include similarly OP threats which will come to try and relieve you of all your unfairly gotten goods in form of uber-armored guys with overpowered weapons with overpowered mechanized support you won't ever have.

I see where you're coming from of course, black hat station does trivialize silver aquisition (it was trivial before as well with selling simple meals, but some "kind" uncle disabled that feature). And its not just that too, some weapons have unbelievably good stats. But my point is - it all will come together, once the whole project is out, with hostile and friendly factions. I assume fine tuning the balance will come after that. Meanwhile you can tune the amount of work and the amount of silver rewards of the station in xml files of the mod.

Adding mod options requires c# knowledge and CP can't commision coders for eternity. XML editing the values you want is really easy, you can change any bill at any station to balance it precisely how it feels right for you though.