[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on November 12, 2018, 04:26:10 AM
So they really won't flee, until you kill them all. See? I was right to be bloody nervous :P

Like I said, that works for retreating in combat. Fleeing only applies if there's something to flee from.

If there's no action, people go home. I don't want a bunch of warriors with an epic backstory sissy out when poop hits the fan because it's just not true to their character. I might as well make the nanny paint brigade with air soft guns and when they see real bullets crackling they tuck tail and go home to tell mom that uncle fester is out there shooting again

Madman666

You know i am worried about them not running from ME, when they will raid ME, right? Why would i care if they leave or not in non-combat situations?)

Humans fear death and suffering. And when they see their brethren slaughtered ruthlessly en masse right before their own eyes - epicness, bravery, loyalty, training - none of that matters before bestial survival instinct that tells you "RUN!". Only drugged to oblivion idiots can ignore it. Well and depressive suicidals too.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on November 12, 2018, 05:02:45 AM
You know i am worried about them not running from ME, when they will raid ME, right? Why would i care if they leave or not in non-combat situations?)

Bloody hell madman I got like 3 hours of sleep and I'm super late for D&D Mondays now I gotta buy pizza for the boys. I'm hanging out okay? (Hanging out: British slang for tired, similar to hanging your hands over your head after a 5 mile run and you can't help but gasp)

See you later, take care

Madman666

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on November 12, 2018, 05:16:21 AM
Sure, have fun and rest well, CP))

D&D was pretty fun, ended up stealing someone's underwear and planting it on some wizard's bag (both players). I could've stolen their gold with that 24 sleight of hand roll and 15 stealth roll, but I don't need any.

Then we ran into some engraved odd-looking rusted sword that had "bad news" radiating all over it stuck on a rock. Before I could check the darned thing for possible traps, curses or whatever tricks the guy I stole underwear from (he was walking around all the time without pants cause it was night-time and he hasn't noticed what I've done) ended up pulling the bloody thing out of the stone and the thing started whispering to him to kill me and whatever. What do I do?

I bloody tempt him to swing at me of course, so I wrestle the sword against my friend with higher athletics check in an attempt to make the thing stop causing him to do strange things, but now I was holding the bloody sword! Game ends in a cliffhanger, I take the sword back to camp and my character won't put the thing down because he feels like he's dying when he does. "There's nothing wrong with this sword, it's a good sword. I'll just hold it here and take care of it."

Download links for latest update is in front page of this post

The Ghosts

- Minor improvements to the faction base name generation

Chicken Mitchell Hairs

- Fixed back view of "Egoraptor" hair showing front view instead.

I'm tired and out of time to make more updates today, shuffle might come soon for red horse and that tribal fix for RN Clothing. Got to see Barkyy's stream, let me wear tacticool outfit for a character he renamed as me. We ended up getting wrecked in a raid of course, me surviving and getting kidnapped but it was worth it. Why, you'd ask? I don't know.

Cheers guys, see you all tommorrow, my instructor wants me to bloody make a Christmas video for him. That's more time taken out of modding.

Skynert

Rocket_Raccoon

They are from jecrells call of cthulhu factions mod.

Chicken Plucker

Red Horse Furniture

- No more wierd ingredients (I.E. Ingredients: Silver)
- Jecrell patched radio playing when uninstalled (shuffle feature coming soon!)
- Boosted VR trainers by 5 points since the no trainer version is available now anyway
- Fixed Nuka Cola Quantum recipe for 5 only producing 1
- No black hat and VR version also updated with same fixes above

The Ghosts

- Fixed town trader spawning instead of a Ghosts supplier
- Added the rare M27 IAR, M27 IAR SD, HK416 DEVGRU and VSS Vintorez Maverick to the base and caravan traders, rare chance of being sold.
- Disabled German Shepherds for trader caravans, they replaced guards way too much due to their cheap combat ticket cost
- Changed backstory description
- Changed pawnkind names, not everyone is a bloody tier 1 operator now. I modified the backstory to fit the setting.
- "Mayday." spelling fixed, removed the full stop
- Edited a misspelled defname within the basename generator, tested to not break saves.

The Replicator

Wasn't originally my mod, belonged to "Rustic Fox". During B18 I proposed we make our own version of the duplicator mod, he did most of the work coding and I did the artwork plus the idea. He's left the modding scene to join the military, seems all too familiar since I'm leaving soon when my career starts.

This was a mod intended to be a part of Red Horse during B18 but since it wasn't officially mine I couldn't add it.

At the time of this mod's creation there was no mission board, reinforcements, black hat or trainers. Now that those things are here, replication is way beyond justifying to be a part of Project Red Horse since you can't deny it's super freakin' powerful. Here's the 1.0 update to anyone interested, cheers.

Gonna go sleep, tired.

Quote from: Skynert on November 13, 2018, 05:12:20 AM
What are these fish icons on map?

Pardon my late reply, it's the fishing village faction from Call of Cthulhu factions mod, as Rocket Racoon said

Chicken Plucker

Red Horse Furniture

- Autoplay and shuffle added by Jecrell for radios
- No Blackhat and VR version also updated

The Ghosts

- Tried to reduce the commonality of the doggo pack, the doggo platoon, the dog squad by only including the dogs in their own raid kind. This makes the dogs more rare than they already were, but less common during low ticket friendly raids.
- Changed back to the old backstory
- Changed back to the old pawnkind names
- Ghosts faction bases are now less common
- Made spec ops units have higher combat ticket cost, meaning they are rarer now and less like an army
- Fixed an error caused when a trader from this faction is spawned
- Faction color changed slightly to a darker shade rather than flat white that most factions use

Rimmu-Nation: Clothing

- Just moved up the FAST PMC helmet slightly.
- All Craftables version also

I'm tired, I'm tired. I'm gonna be on TV tommorrow, America vs England on the Wembley arena for a football match. MPCT and some servicemen are coming to raise the flag before kickoff just so America remembers what bloody country they're in, so they get demotivated and lose just like every year. That's what they get for calling football "soccer" and rugby "football"

Also I was asked to make a "balanced" version of the Replicator mod, but it's not supposed to be balanced. I don't even have to justify or defend the mod because it's undeniable that it's just there to make life too easy for the player. (bloody stopped using the thing after B18) I have no time to make another version of it, so I just left it at that. Cheers all, gotta take out some trash and fall asleep already.

EDIT: Follow up updates

There is no rest for the wicked.

Briefly made this. I wanted the Ghosts traders to have some custom headgear from all the bleedin' Ghost masks

The Ghosts

- Traders now have hats
- New boonie hat with A-TACS LE-X camo added
- fixed misnaming for the elite units

RimmuNation - Clothing

- West brown trench coat texture problem fixed
- All craftables version fixed also

RimmuNation - Weapons

- Pirate had a TAC-50 during testing, they're not supposed to have TAC-50s.

Dropskiler

Ahhh...That looks GOOD. Quick question CP, does the start of your career mean that you will stop developing your mods?

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Dropskiler on November 15, 2018, 06:06:02 AM
Ahhh...That looks GOOD. Quick question CP, does the start of your career mean that you will stop developing your mods?

Yes. Staff Peters just came for a visit today. Was an ex-staff member of the college, went to 5 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. Was a para regiment SF guy that did work alongside SAS and SBS. Here he was talking about how demanding it will be to be a part of a battalion especially if you're doing infantry or in his case, SF.

I don't have time anymore for the escape from reality of Rimworld, I'll be knees deep in the real thing. I'm sorry as I wrote this, I have to go now, talk to you lot later

docalophagus

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on November 16, 2018, 08:51:05 AM
Quote from: Dropskiler on November 15, 2018, 06:06:02 AM

Yes. Staff Peters just came for a visit today. Was an ex-staff member of the college, went to 5 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. Was a para regiment SF guy that did work alongside SAS and SBS. Here he was talking about how demanding it will be to be a part of a battalion especially if you're doing infantry or in his case, SF.

I don't have time anymore for the escape from reality of Rimworld, I'll be knees deep in the real thing. I'm sorry as I wrote this, I have to go now, talk to you lot later

Enoy! I'm an 8 year US Army vet who was a combat medic with the airborne infantry. If you aren't modding your heart out, I'll be sad, but understand.  Go get some.

-Doc

Chicken Plucker

The Ghosts

- Added an A-TACS LE-X parka for the Ghosts, since they didn't spawn with any and they would die of frostbite in cold conditions
- A-TACS LE-X parka is now purchasable from the Ghosts
- Shemagh now have better cold resistance
- Balaclavas now have better cold resistance
- Any helmet with balaclava now has the same cold resistance as Tuque
- Steam version released

Rimmu-Nation Clothing

- Fixed tribal issues for Rimmu-Nation Clothing, no new parka clothing just a new industrial tag for all
- All craftable version also fixed
- Shemagh now have better cold resistance
- Balaclavas now have better cold resistance
- Any helmet with balaclava now has the same cold resistance as Tuque

Quote from: docalophagus on November 16, 2018, 10:33:30 AM
Enoy! I'm an 8 year US Army vet who was a combat medic with the airborne infantry. If you aren't modding your heart out, I'll be sad, but understand.  Go get some.

-Doc

Hey! Thanks for the encouragement doc. I wanna do all that cool stuff one day, for now it's still just a dream that I can still possibly lose.

But yes, I was interrupted yesterday from a longer post, but I cannot spend time modding here if I'm trying my best to keep my job in the armed forces since it's no office work, it will be physically demanding and will require consistent discipline of waking everyday earlier than the early bird and having cold showers.

I felt like releasing The Ghosts for steam now since I feel it's finished, plus I wanted to celebrate something today cause it feels like a special day *cough*birthday*cough* today.

No more tribal issues with parkas, and the Ghosts now have their own winter uniforms.

EDIT:
Rimmu-Nation Clothing all craftables version
- Error, last update was not actually implemented. Now it is.

Nimrod

Exellion

Hello CP!
I really like your mods, but for 3 months I have not started playing on the new version until I can wait for your weapon mod!
Above, it seemed to me that you mentioned that you were freezing the development of mods!
You do not finish this mod?
Very worried about it!