[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

xextremex

Just wanted to comment on how amazing your work is. Very impressive.
Players have every right to offer suggestions. You have every right to explain your decisions if you want. It's understood why you can be offended. But you also have every right to just do what you think is best. It's your call.

And it's a little overwhelming at first glance. Will you have further breakdowns of the different projects? Which features can be used individually?

Nice work

Chicken Plucker

*Mike Oldfield - Nuclear plays*

Progress Report:

Guys I know I said something along the lines of "try to get the mod out by tonight" but it turns out that's a little harder than I thought.

So, here's some good news.

- Basic pawntype stuff are working
- Big Boss hairstyle and Miller hairstyle spawning for units done
- Female and male hairstyle system, specific to the MSF
- Miller outfit and Parkas are done, all uniforms finished

Maxi Cola returns, more addictive and has actual nanomachines that can slowly heal permanent wounds now. It is extremely effective for combat, however there are no real side effects for nanomachines in MGS so I don't really see a way of making this properly balanced.

Issues need to be addressed:
- AUG, FNC and FAL needs to be added for this mod and Rimmu-Nation Weapons
- Naming for bases
- Fix trader kinds
- Fix pawns spawning for bases
- Fix issue with MSF riflemen spawning only with AK47s at the moment (communists pls)
- Maxi Cola balancing

I gotta love the parkas, Odstriman made the M65 modified hoodies for me for my birthday during Nov 17, it just happens to go with MSF's theme, I slapped on an ALICE harness and now it looks like a normal uniform they would wear even when it isn't winter. Pretty good.

MSF on the map, finalized their logo to be colorable in orange.

Some soldiers having a little drink during a firefight, standard

Trader unit types having a little drink after a firefight, they wear the Sub-commander uniform AKA Miller's outfit from MGS or simply, the instructor uniform. Right now there's a bug somewhere that makes MSF units spawn with only AK47s and not the AR style rifles, along with traders spawning with no weapon.

*MGS PLOT SPOILER ALERT*

... You still here? okay.

I really like what happens here, they spawn with the headband, uniform and certain hairstyles. Sorry for the spoiler.

Basically I can't force characters and their outfits or looks to be a part of the faction, and I didn't want MSF to not-be-run by Big Boss. Only logical solution was to pull what Hideo Kojima pulled for Phantom Pain, where there are body doubles/phantoms running the faction while he's pretending to be dead.

/endofspoiler

Okay, now I'm gonna go and carry on. I hope it's all done by tommorrow, but with the tranq coding it's all gonna be complicated, it's taking longer. Cheers all.

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on December 18, 2018, 02:40:57 PM
allwasy waitng on the dimand dogs abd love mgs :D

diamond dogs will have to be far in the future after MSF, I've put away a lot of things just to do this filler mod but yes I love MGS too! I hope I do the series justice

Quote from: xextremex on December 19, 2018, 03:54:40 AM
Just wanted to comment on how amazing your work is. Very impressive.
Players have every right to offer suggestions. You have every right to explain your decisions if you want. It's understood why you can be offended. But you also have every right to just do what you think is best. It's your call.

And it's a little overwhelming at first glance. Will you have further breakdowns of the different projects? Which features can be used individually?

Nice work

Thank you, though it's fine. I'm not offended or whatever by disagreements or opinions to features, the posts are here to discuss these things. Now I'm just gonna keep the features simple since it will also save me from paying and waiting for coders anyway, it's always good to hear both sides.

Anyway, thank you for the complements. I'll answer your question.

I don't see myself breaking down each project, like for example people wanting Ghosts faction or MSF, or Umbra Company- any faction in general to be split up, having their own mods, have their own CE Compatible versions. I can't do all that, I don't have the time to. I wish people who liked the work enough could make their own CE patches, or their own outfits only version because I can't always do it for them!

I'd rather keep maintenance to a minimum, or maybe split them up after I'm finished with Red Horse (who knows when that will be?)

xextremex

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on December 19, 2018, 07:15:27 PM
Thank you, though it's fine. I'm not offended or whatever by disagreements or opinions to features, the posts are here to discuss these things. Now I'm just gonna keep the features simple since it will also save me from paying and waiting for coders anyway, it's always good to hear both sides.

I don't see myself breaking down each project, like for example people wanting Ghosts faction or MSF, or Umbra Company- any faction in general to be split up, having their own mods, have their own CE Compatible versions. I can't do all that, I don't have the time to. I wish people who liked the work enough could make their own CE patches, or their own outfits only version because I can't always do it for them!

I'd rather keep maintenance to a minimum, or maybe split them up after I'm finished with Red Horse (who knows when that will be?)

You're welcome.
One of the things that impresses me the most is how you manage to make every faction unique and are open to experimenting with various color schemes.

I don't know what CE means? I guess I meant: do you have dumbed-down breakdowns for each major part of the project?  Maybe I'm just getting confused because it's still split into sections. Is the idea to download everything together when it's all complete? I don't know what you've done in the past so I get lost. Which part includes:
"- Minimize micro-management
+ Silver acquisition
+ Food
+ Casualty treatment
+ Training skills
+ Power
+ Colonist recruitment
+ Carrying capacity"
? Maybe it's just because it's in progress but I'm finding it difficult to follow everything you have listed.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: xextremex on December 19, 2018, 07:59:52 PM
Quote from: Chicken Plucker on December 19, 2018, 07:15:27 PM

You're welcome.
One of the things that impresses me the most is how you manage to make every faction unique and are open to experimenting with various color schemes.

I don't know what CE means? I guess I meant: do you have dumbed-down breakdowns for each major part of the project?  Maybe I'm just getting confused because it's still split into sections. Is the idea to download everything together when it's all complete? I don't know what you've done in the past so I get lost. Which part includes:
"- Minimize micro-management
+ Silver acquisition
+ Food
+ Casualty treatment
+ Training skills
+ Power
+ Colonist recruitment
+ Carrying capacity"
? Maybe it's just because it's in progress but I'm finding it difficult to follow everything you have listed.

CE is Combat Extended, very popular mod that overhauls combat mechanics, it's a nightmare for people like me to make patches for it because it has it's own code separate from vanilla.

Anyways! I see what you mean, the idea is to have individual mods kinda like small expansion packs that tick those boxes.

For example, many of those things in the bullet points are covered by Red Horse Furniture, you can use computers to earn money and you can use vending machines to mass-produce medicine and food with those funds. Carrying capacity has been covered by backpacks in Rimmu-Nation Clothing, colonist recruitment by mission boards and contractor recruiting options, casualty treatment made so much more effective by hospital bed and medical equipments that Red Horse Furniture expanded on and etc.

It's all separate, not everyone likes everything in the collection but what I wanted to do as I listed those was summarize the complete intention of this project as a whole. Hope I answered your question here!

The Viking Crusader

Love your mod, downloaded it a while back and cant play without it, SCAR-H's for everyone.

Any idea on when I can feed my glorious recruits crayons again?

Keep up the fantastic work.

xextremex

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on December 19, 2018, 08:53:09 PM
CE is Combat Extended, very popular mod that overhauls combat mechanics, it's a nightmare for people like me to make patches for it because it has it's own code separate from vanilla.

Anyways! I see what you mean, the idea is to have individual mods kinda like small expansion packs that tick those boxes.

For example, many of those things in the bullet points are covered by Red Horse Furniture, you can use computers to earn money and you can use vending machines to mass-produce medicine and food with those funds. Carrying capacity has been covered by backpacks in Rimmu-Nation Clothing, colonist recruitment by mission boards and contractor recruiting options, casualty treatment made so much more effective by hospital bed and medical equipments that Red Horse Furniture expanded on and etc.

It's all separate, not everyone likes everything in the collection but what I wanted to do as I listed those was summarize the complete intention of this project as a whole. Hope I answered your question here!

Yes, thank you. That's very helpful. Again, great job.

sumghai

Once all the RN weapons are finalized, I'd be keen to help put together a CE patch for them, and submit it directly to the CE team so that CE can support RN weapons right out of the box.

By the way, CP, is there a way I can write a personal patch to prevent all other factions (other than my own colony) from spawning with RN weapons and apparel?

Chicken Plucker

Latest updates are available in the download links at the first post:

- Militaires Sans Frontieres added. Kept you waiting huh?

Summary of mods updated:
- Chicken Mitchell Hairs
- Rimmu-Nation: Weapons
- Rimmu-Nation: Clothing
- The Ghosts
- Umbra Company
- Red Horse Furniture

NOTE: For maximum compatibility I suggest you update all these mods to work properly with the latest faction mod added.

I just ran some proper tests with the Big Boss pawn type versus 4 Umbra Company scrubs. Let's just say after 2 tests it was unsuccessful and two Big Bosses got their heads blown off clean with P90s. Then I did a third trial, WU S Pistol, guy is bombarded with bullets and then..

HE FREAKIN' TAKES THEM ALL DOWN! He's pretty good.

Here I took screenshots and childishly turned it into an awful comic book-like thing for you all to witness, Non-Lethal weapon acts just like it does on MGS.

Get rekt scrubs

Special thanks to Tikubonn for the anesthetics coding, I just ripped it from his mod and slapped it into mine. I asked for permission but got nothing, so I just took off and credited him anyway.  8)

The enemy pawns you use the WU S Pistol or M2000-NL on end up going down unconscious in a few shots, you're able to capture them and they barely have a scratch on them. It is a sure faster way to take them down too than trying to kill them, since the anesthetic can act faster than death or shock in most cases.

Anyway folks..

Quote from: xextremex on December 20, 2018, 01:34:29 AM
Yes, thank you. That's very helpful. Again, great job.
No problemo, cheers and thank you again. You're pretty good.  8)

Quote from: sumghai on December 20, 2018, 01:57:57 AM
Once all the RN weapons are finalized, I'd be keen to help put together a CE patch for them, and submit it directly to the CE team so that CE can support RN weapons right out of the box.

By the way, CP, is there a way I can write a personal patch to prevent all other factions (other than my own colony) from spawning with RN weapons and apparel?

Yess, I feel all special now! Though it's gonna be a ton of work alright. I made some weapons only as part of factions, not in Rimmu-Nation Weapons despite using the code, such as the contractor and mercenary set currently used by Umbra Company and MSF. I'll worry about it later! I am exhausted, it's 7AM and I got an appointment with a doctor in 5 hours which I haven't even slept for, rip me.

As for clothing and weapons, it's all in the weapon tag and apparel tags arent they? Just have to patch the tags into not having the vanilla tags for NPCs, however during winter they ignore whatever the heck you say because the game is hardcoded for NPCs to spawn with certain items that have certain insulation during winter.

I'm not actually the el guapo to ask about this since I haven't patched anything for my mods using xpath. I'm sorry guys I'm absolutely hanging, no sleep, nothing but MSF and testing, I am just about half flailing on the keyboard to come up with words to speak, I will go fall down now

Smexy_Vampire

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on December 20, 2018, 03:33:18 AM
mother bace will hold for now ;)

Just look out for nuclear inspections

Quote from: The Viking Crusader on December 20, 2018, 12:34:01 AM
Love your mod, downloaded it a while back and cant play without it, SCAR-H's for everyone.

Any idea on when I can feed my glorious recruits crayons again?

Keep up the fantastic work.

Hey sorry there Viking I just remembered this post now!

Red Horse Furniture, in the Survival vending machine there is the full list of MREs produceable, at the moment I havent made them craftable/cookable since the US Military isn't home yet

lakajadiwa

Hey CP, I was just looking through RimmuNation Weapons, and I noticed that you have a couple Colt Canada weapons plus a few others that are unused such as the M1 Garand, I was wondering if you were planning on adding those in in the near future?

I'm sure many would welcome the sweet sound of an M1 Garand "Ping" in their colonies.

Anyways cheers and thanks for all the work that you do!

Chicken Plucker

Having a blast using the MSF mod, it takes me back to Phantom Pain because the game feels a lot less lethal with the WU S Pistol, capturing soldiers without killing them and all. I hand the prisoners I'm not interested in recruiting to MSF and they handle the rest, it feels so tacticool. Can't wait to advance the project even further.

Quote from: lakajadiwa on December 20, 2018, 12:31:04 PM
Hey CP, I was just looking through RimmuNation Weapons, and I noticed that you have a couple Colt Canada weapons plus a few others that are unused such as the M1 Garand, I was wondering if you were planning on adding those in in the near future?

I'm sure many would welcome the sweet sound of an M1 Garand "Ping" in their colonies.

Anyways cheers and thanks for all the work that you do!

Believe me I've tried to add a ping, sadly after each shot the weapon will end up making that noise due to vanilla's one sound effect per shot rule, no reloading sounds. This is why Rimmu-Nation is unfinished, those weapons are supposed to be added and they will be.

No worries!

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on December 20, 2018, 03:58:45 PM

Having a blast using the MSF mod, it takes me back to Phantom Pain because the game feels a lot less lethal with the WU S Pistol, capturing soldiers without killing them and all. I hand the prisoners I'm not interested in recruiting to MSF and they handle the rest.

this sounds like you are about to invent the fultion device in rim world >:D

Chicken Plucker

Updated the following mods:

- Militaires Sans Frontieres
- The Ghosts
- Red Horse Furniture
- Rimmu-Nation Weapons
- Rimmu-Nation Clothing

- Maxi-Cola incorrect cost on Maxi machine fixed
- Maxi-Cola description fixed

If you run into any errors, please cancel the other bill that has been removed from the code if you have any set for the vending machine.

- Blah blah blah price tweaks with orbital traders
- Blah blah blah texture fixes for Rimmu-Nation Weapons
- Blah blah blah fix this fix that

Gotta go church, haven't slept an hour. Exported a 15 second animation and it comes out awful in .gif form, rip.

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on December 21, 2018, 11:18:22 PM

this sounds like you are about to invent the fultion device in rim world >:D

Instead of getting me excited this makes me sad. I just told Jecrell I have a lot of commissions I wanna do and I haven't gotten a word back. I'm guessing he could care less about all the money in the world right now to code for someone else, being Christmas season and all I bet he wants a break. Other news spud also hasn't updated his tank coding cause he's busy.

With that I have to keep everything simple or find another way to get core features. Cheers all.

Chicken Plucker

- Militaires Sans Frontieres

Sorry everyone, just did an emergency patch of the Militaires Sans Frontieres mod, the combats display texture was missing.

I made a new version with more details on it, more accurate to the MSF with more back pouches.

I was gone the whole day and only found out now! it's updated and fixed, cheers.