[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

sumghai

Quote from: Retry_02Hide on July 05, 2019, 07:18:14 AM
Quote from: sumghai on July 05, 2019, 07:05:59 AM
I think the issue is that because the actual hitbox is the size of a 1x1 cell, you have to aim at exactly that cell to get any damage from grenade launchers.

If there are no further complaints, I'll consider the patching for the LMM T-55 to be complete.
But direct hits from HEAT do much less dmg than HE is quite weird, this would make its only purpose totally be replaced by HE.
The problem is that it's a Catch-22 situation.

HEAT ammo is defined in the original CE mod as a Bullet damage type. Specifically for the T-55 tank, I lowered the damage multiplier for Bullets so that small arms fire won't inflict damage on the tank armor, while ensuring that rockets and grenades remain viable.

If I increased Bullet damage to make HEAT rounds better than Frag/HE rounds, then we go back to the original problem of tanks being shot to pieces by rifles and pistols, which you didn't want in the first place.

You can't have your cake and eat it too, Retry_02Hide.

Retry_02Hide

Quote from: sumghai on July 05, 2019, 07:30:42 AM
Quote from: Retry_02Hide on July 05, 2019, 07:18:14 AM
Quote from: sumghai on July 05, 2019, 07:05:59 AM
I think the issue is that because the actual hitbox is the size of a 1x1 cell, you have to aim at exactly that cell to get any damage from grenade launchers.

If there are no further complaints, I'll consider the patching for the LMM T-55 to be complete.
But direct hits from HEAT do much less dmg than HE is quite weird, this would make its only purpose totally be replaced by HE.
The problem is that it's a Catch-22 situation.

HEAT ammo is defined in the original CE mod as a Bullet damage type. Specifically for the T-55 tank, I lowered the damage multiplier for Bullets so that small arms fire won't inflict damage on the tank armor, while ensuring that rockets and grenades remain viable.

If I increased Bullet damage to make HEAT rounds better than Frag/HE rounds, then we go back to the original problem of tanks being shot to pieces by rifles and pistols, which you didn't want in the first place.

You can't have your cake and eat it too, Retry_02Hide.
So what cause this is that HEAT is define as bullet in CE? I think it may be a new dmg type made for them, quite a pity actually.
Thank you for your fast reply and adjustments, at least now t-55 still can be killed by HE shots and immune small fire arms at the same time, good enough to me.

sumghai

Quote from: Retry_02Hide on July 05, 2019, 08:28:44 AMSo what cause this is that HEAT is define as bullet in CE?
NoImageAvailable (the author of the original CE mod) defined it that way in the projectile definitions for many of the HEAT warheads, and I'm keeping it that way to ensure consistent behaviour with the original CE mod.

dninemfive

@sumghai I'm a bit late, but can't you add a ModExtension defining the percentage damage reduction when attacking a tank?

i.e. in the hook, try to get the mod extension, if it has it factor damage by the percentage, and if it doesn't set damage to 0.

Retry_02Hide

Quote from: dninemfive on July 10, 2019, 05:25:09 PM
@sumghai I'm a bit late, but can't you add a ModExtension defining the percentage damage reduction when attacking a tank?

i.e. in the hook, try to get the mod extension, if it has it factor damage by the percentage, and if it doesn't set damage to 0.
Try the latest version of CE:FT, the problem of the dmg taken by tank is fixed. Should work more like fighting a centipe now.

sumghai

@dninemfive, as @Retry_02Hide noted, the LMM T-55 behaviour for CE:FT has now been properly fixed.

To all Project Red Horse / Rimmu-Nation fans who were waiting for CE compatibility

Athena, RaptorX and I have finally published the first release of Combat Extended: FastTrack Edition, a standalone version of CE that comes prebundled with optimized patches for all Red Horse and RN mods (as well as many more mods than what the original CE project supports):

https://github.com/AthenaSulisMinerva/CombatExtendedFastTrack/releases

RaptorX will be making a Steam release in the future, but in the meantime, you can get the stable release now on GitHub.

To prevent confusion with the original CE mod, we currently don't plan to have a forums thread announcing this mod.

Chicken Plucker, I understand that you're still feeling quite traumatized with the loss of your laptop hard drive. I want to let you know that we fans are here for you, which is why some of us have gone through the trouble of forking CE to support your excellent mods. If you could please mention in the description section of all of your mods that CE users should use CE:FT instead, that would be greatly appreciated.

@everyone else too, spread the word that RN mod users should use CE:FT instead of CE.

Chicken Plucker

Hello everyone. This isn't a comeback post yet.

I would like to update everyone on how I am doing and the future of Project: Red Horse. I have an assessment centre date at Oct 01 at Pirbright, I am confident that I will pass by with flying colors with the help of MPCT.

I have quit my job as a care worker just now, and I did not get to save any money on the Hard Drive repair. I don't have any excuses besides being bad with handling money, I have tried to run away from problems and some sadness by buying stupid things like mobile game skins that cost way too much. Honestly all, the HDD should be fixed by now if it wasn't for me doing these things. I have sabotaged myself and this project and I apologise to you if you were waiting.

I still have the dead hard drive worth £500 to me, has all of the 3 projects on it, which is Elite Crew, Last Man Mercs and the US Military update. It also has all my current art stuff which I wish I shared online to everyone, so at least it was easier to recover.

I have been thinking about opening fundraisers, but besides expecting it not to do well, what I have done with my own money is enough of a reason to stay far from it and not screw anyone over. I would like to thank the CE Fast Track crew, every mod subscriber and all those I've worked with in the Rimworld Community, I'll be gone for a while.

I am expecting to get in the Army, and after the initial 14 weeks of training, I assume things will get less busy and I can get back to modding. I am expecting to get a start date sometime in 2020, but there is no source of income to fix the hard drive right now.

Take care all, see you later.

dninemfive

Glad to see you're still alive, CP! Can't wait for your return.

Chicken Plucker

Logged in to Steam after a long time of being out of action

Just purchased a clean and empty new hard drive, the broken one with our mod updates are still on the side awaiting the budget to be fixed. In the meantime, I think it's high time Rimmu-Nation was finished and updated with all weapons craftable.

Also planning to finish updates for Elite Crew and Last Man Mercs.

Elite Crew was going to have more variety in faction shell clothing, those textures were lost but it's too late to cry about it.

Let's have it, Round 2.

Currently installing all the software I had, then we're gonna get some stuff done this coming 2 weeks

Chicken Plucker

Warming up the ol' art skills, took whatever files I could salvage and remade a new folder.

I used to call it "Modding Motherbase" but now it's simply dubbed "Arthouse". None of you guys are supposed to see all this though, I'm just typing filler stuff.

Anyways!

Gonna try and release a few new outfits for Rimmu-Nation Clothing as per usual, as a ceremony for the return of the Chickens. This lady above is from one of my favourite Command and Conquer games "Red Alert 2" and kudos to whoever remembers her name without using Google.

Making her hairstyle and outfit. After this I get on with the boring freakin Rimmu-Nation coding. I forgot how boring it was to sit through hundreds of weapons and read about them on wikipedia, then code their crafting stuff. The fun stuff is testing them and shooting them.

Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge kept me company while I was off exile without Steam and RimWorld, I thought a little homage to the series wouldn't hurt and would be welcome to the Red Horse collection.

Be back later with more news.

Chicken Plucker

(reference image)

Got something done today after all, Kari Wuhrer's character "Tanya" from Red Alert 2 was an awesome femme fatale from a video game. I remembered growing up with the Command and Conquer series, with the recent hiatus it's all I got to play without Steam so I thought I'd do a throwback just by including this new update in the upcoming new Rimmu-Nation Clothing set.

I mean freakin' Tanya was an OP unit, they went through the effort of making every other infantry units useless around her (unless you had a British Sniper or a Virus far away). She was like the game's main face besides Yuri who was some bald guy with a lack of sense of privacy cause he would read your mind and stuff.

That said, Rimmu-Nation Clothing has plans for the following new gear:
- BUMP Helmet
- FLYYE Body Armor

So it turns out the SEALs actually use FLYYE plate carriers, they're specially manufactured to be in government patented camo such as the AOR1, something unavailable to the public. Many files have been lost, rather than wait I've been convinced by Odstriman to rebuild the US Military Kit and use whatever's available. We'll try to get er done lads.

Road Map of August:
- Rimmu-Nation Clothing update
+ Fix craftables coding
+ New BUMP and FLYYE templates
+ Tanya outfit finish
+ Stone Cold Steve Austin T-Shirt set (And that's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold said so)

- Rimmu-Nation Weapons update
+ Introduce melee weapons
+ Craftables coding fix

- Red Horse Furniture
+ SAD textures need to be re-done
+ Make MREs cookable

- Chicken Mitchell Hairstyles
+ Tanya Hairstyles
+ Update Steam Version to have the CSGO Hairstyles
+ Faith Connors hairstyle? requested on steam

- Elite Crew and Last Man Mercs
+ Fix Tank's text error in description
+ Fix CVC helmet name to be generic
+ Elite Crew shells? (Decide if only one shell type is enough so mod can be finished)

- Militaires Sans Frontieres
+ Fix that darn Maxi Burger price error

- New Faction mod planned
+ Ghost Recon and scenario included

(Changed the Desert Eagles to M1911 for accuracy)

I don't expect to get everything done but at least two things off this list is a great start this August.

More soon..

Chicken Plucker

I bloody wish we'd get a new page already, I wanna get a new fresh start on this thread!

We've got an up and coming standalone accessories mod for Rimmu-Nation. I met with Madman in Discord and had a chat, I remembered old requests regarding footwear and gloves. I thought "what the heck" since we got into the topic of the 'Medieval Times' mod using footwear and handwear. It's a standalone for the very reason of being fully optional.

Ladies and Germans, I present:

Mod is not yet coded. I just wanted a little side project to please some requests but the preview images and art got me freakin' pumped into giving them a try.

Haven't decided on stats yet, but the intention is to make them add a really small amount of stat while providing some warmth and protection on the hands and feet.

Finished ONE outfit today, Tanya's outfit finally. Got so bored. The female variant has the most detail similar to Ada Wong's outfit while the male variants look "Good enough".

This is what's next on the list. The FLYYE Swift Plate Carrier, it's a fresh new start for me to do a new line of body armors. I'm partly relieved the US Military hasn't been out since I'd have been wrong in making the special forces use Crye CAGE, turns out they use FLYYE so the American soldiers can look fly.

More updates when I get more stuff done, cheers.

Skynert

Chicken Plucker

Bringing back the legendary Maxi-Meals, they will be with the MSF Faction in their upcoming update along with a few new stuff and returning friends like the Maxi-Coffee.

Had to modify the stack textures, no freakin' wonder maxi-burgers and cola would be single despite having the stack of over 10.

Introducing Calorie Mates:

Requested by one user, it was a survival packaged food from Metal Gear Solid III that was a real ration used during the Vietnam war era.

Got plans of fixing the burger error thing regarding the price for MSF caravans, also had an idea to make Maxi uniform outfits, but I scrapped that since it was unnecessary work.

Quote from: Skynert on August 15, 2019, 03:54:47 AM
Nice, Im glad that you are back :)

Hello Skynert good to see you again! I'm happy to be back too, although I wish I was back with files intact. Better than nothing I suppose

Retry_02Hide

Gloves n' Boots? Damn, that means I can get a full set of tacticool accessories in Rimworld now. Look forward to your new stuffs, CP.