[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Chicken Plucker

Updated - British Military Kit (Again..)
(Download links in the front page)

- More re-centre work for textures

Quote from: Madman666 on September 16, 2019, 05:00:52 AM
Oh, more releases, awesome!

Nah the Elite Crew and Last Man Mercs were long here, just had a lot of issues that needed sorting. Unless you meant the British Military Kit  8) 8)

oi oi saveloy

Madman666

Chicken Plucker

Last updated mod: (Download link is in front page)
Elite Crew - Removed tank .dll to stop conflict with Last Man Mercs

Hey all, history repeats itself.

So I was in college today, busy as can be editing a video for a yearly college tournament and then.. HDD dies again. For the third time!

It's not as bad as the others, I just left it exporting and it stops working for the computer. It makes a beeping electronic noise. All of the British Armed Forces templates were in there and are now gone, thankfully the mod is finished so we don't really have to revisit them. As for US Military kit, well, the stuff was already recovered and I had those backed up (I mean the templates) so that's alright.

I was working on a code Jecrell gave where I can determine forced pawntypes. Last Man Mercs were gonna have forced spawns of prostitutes in their base wearing very skimpy clothes which I designed, the list included a crop top, miniskirt, leopard jacket and bikini sets. They spawned with baseball bats, shivs and colt cobra revolvers.

The idea was to make players feel awful having to be forced to defend themselves against these human trafficking slaves, people forced to strategise if they want to 'rescue' them. However I decided to wipe out the finished textures for the prostitute outfits and cut it out of the mod and not upload the update anywhere since it's not only controversial but just plain against what I believe. I didn't want people running RJW getting carried away with these victims and end up perhaps abusing them further, so I just got the message from praying that it's one of those things I have to pull a red card on.

Anyways, the last update for now is the Elite Crew, which I removed the tank.dll to make the LMM T-55 spawn tank crewman again after death, it's been uploaded before my HDD death.

I have army selection Monday Oct 1 in Pirbright, which I am confident I can pass physically, but they may defer me medically if they find one small patch of eczema on me anywhere, I hope it turns out well. I'm busy outside of modding anyway. I suppose it's for the best.

See you all later space cowboys

Madman666

You know, what that means, right, CP? HDD faction declared WAR on you! Time to strike back and ally yourself with SSD faction.

Glad you didn't lose too much stuff CP, good luck on your army checkup or whatevermajeegums.

Canute

I think CP is that lucky like my neightbour.
I can't recall how many of this bought things are broken right after he bought it or shortly after it.
But like i said before SSD is the better choise for laptop's special when you move them alot.
And they arn't that vulnerable for temperature/overheating then HDD. When your leg close the botton air-intake...

Chicken Plucker

Hey what's up fellow gamers, I'm waiting for 21st since I may be able to get some money for a new HDD. Madman and Canute, I know you guys aren't wrong recommending SSD but the problem with SSD is I don't bloody know how to install it in that laptop since that laptop is ancient history (but surprisingly can run GTA V) so I don't know lads I need some information

Canute

Basicly you can use them like a regular HDD, you just need to watch what you buy.
Some SSD are used into a PCI slot, some can be connected over the SATA cable.
Just ask your local drug dealer ! :-)
At the pic you see left a regular 2,5" HDD and right a SSD, bot for SATA connections.

nylem

Thanks for all the updates CP. Can't wait for the Medusas (fingers crossed). With regards to the prostitutes/sex slaves I'm sad you decided not to continue from a personal point of view (sounded awesome and a good moral choice) but I'm glad for you that you didn't. Had you gone ahead with that idea I'm sure you would have had a lot of nasty comments (and people) coming out of the woodwork. I think you dodged a bullet there.

Good luck with the selection CP and all the best.

Madman666

Yeah, Canute speaketh the truth... For SSD you just need a SATA data cable and SATA power cable, same as usual hard drive. PCI slot SSDs probably won't fit in a notebook that isn't designed with it in mind, but a usual SATA SSD you can just simply stick in same way you do hard drives.

sumghai

Personally, regardless of whether you have an HDD or SSD, the issue remains that you're still putting all your eggs in one basket.

Back in my poor student days, I invested in a decent 500 GB external hard drive, and made a habit of backing up all my personal and mod development data every day. This outlived two laptops, saved me from countless hard drive wipes and even accidentally overwriting important files with unwanted changes.

I have since purchased a second identical external drive, set up a Google One account and regularly push all my mod source files to GitHub, so I essentially have 3~4 different backup locations.

Rather than investing in a SDD for the laptop, I recommend having an external backup location as well.

Now, in more positive news, Combat Extended: FastTrack Edition is now officially available from the Steam Workshop. Needless to say, it comes pre-bundled with patches for most (if not all) of CP's mods, so no more dicking around with load orders or third-party patches.

Since I can't constantly monitor the Project Red Horse thread here on the forums, please submit any compatibility issues to our GitHub issue tracker.

Chicken Plucker

Okay guys, here's what I did. I bought another HDD because a 1TB+ SSD is too expensive and I'd need a small loan of a million dollars for that. I know SSD is superior, no argument from me there, but guys the price is also superior and I'm at "poor" at the moment.

I bought a 1TB HDD and got my old external drive a new USB and got all of it under 50 GBP. I expect the laptop I use has a short life expectancy by now so I'm not too fussy, my priority after all is to pass my assessment centre and start working my way towards becoming a medic by around this same time next year. THEN I can buy a new computer.

I am told after Phase 1 training life won't be so busy so I may be still able to carry on modding.

News on MEDUSA and other factions that may require body types, we don't have a working code since the one Jecrell produced has issues that cause those bodies to glitch out the console if there's a very high raid. I'm just gonna let it go for now and prioritise the announced mods, being US Military and the UAC. When will those be done? No idea. So much things are riding on job applications right now cause I am broke.

Quote from: sumghai on September 21, 2019, 09:22:06 PM
Personally, regardless of whether you have an HDD or SSD, the issue remains that you're still putting all your eggs in one basket.

Back in my poor student days, I invested in a decent 500 GB external hard drive, and made a habit of backing up all my personal and mod development data every day. This outlived two laptops, saved me from countless hard drive wipes and even accidentally overwriting important files with unwanted changes.

*snip*

Unfortunately Sumghai despite backing up all my old stuff I didn't do it everyday out of confidence or maybe arrogance, the only most important stuff I did manage to lose was the new British Armed Forces headgear templates, everything else 2 months ago was backed up in Drive.

I'll try again, nothing in the HDD that can't be replaced. I'm not paying 1.5k to fix the three broken ones and I've learned to move on and start over the things I've build that got wrecked.

I've left a comment on Steam for you since I'm sad sombrero man didn't make it, does your new update fix issues with Elite Crew's new weaponry? They have a skinner knife now and a bunch of other things that go boom

Quote from: nylem on September 20, 2019, 04:41:34 PM
Thanks for all the updates CP. Can't wait for the Medusas (fingers crossed). With regards to the prostitutes/sex slaves I'm sad you decided not to continue from a personal point of view (sounded awesome and a good moral choice) but I'm glad for you that you didn't. Had you gone ahead with that idea I'm sure you would have had a lot of nasty comments (and people) coming out of the woodwork. I think you dodged a bullet there.

Good luck with the selection CP and all the best.

Thank you for the best wishes. I don't want to make more comments about the feature for now since it's making me uncomfortable thinking about it, but I am interested in features like it since it's one of those reality grounding things.

Canute

QuoteI'll try again, nothing in the HDD that can't be replaced. I'm not paying 1.5k to fix the three broken ones and I've learned to move on and start over the things I've build that got wrecked.
Did you bought a new HDD, then you should have waranty for sure.
Sure maybe it didn't include data recovery, but you should get a new one for free at last.

Chicken Plucker

Progress Report:
So using an old laptop and having old files for US Military Kit, I've started recovering the lost helmets.

We may not have the templates for them anymore but as long as we have the original finished product, it can make it in the mod.

To be done:

- Remake all combat uniforms for the US
- Find new camo templates to use
- Other helmet options
- Finish a Crye JPC and FLYYE template for all body types (they use the same plate since they are identical, just renaming)

Bottom priority on the list:
- Re-use old EOD body suit, however desaturate the green
- Make dress uniforms
- New berets and other non-combat related hats
- New Apecs Parka (maybe)
- Pilot set
- Tank crewman headgear

When will all this be done? No idea. I'd be surprised if I make it through next week because I'm going to be very busy. I'll do things now and then, maybe we can get a very basic skeleton mod of the US Military with only infantry equipment belonging to Army and USMC and slowly build it from there here on Ludeon, but a finished product will be far.

Quote from: Canute on September 22, 2019, 02:37:57 PM
QuoteI'll try again, nothing in the HDD that can't be replaced. I'm not paying 1.5k to fix the three broken ones and I've learned to move on and start over the things I've build that got wrecked.
Did you bought a new HDD, then you should have waranty for sure.
Sure maybe it didn't include data recovery, but you should get a new one for free at last.

Ah friend, here's the thing that may frustrate everyone. I do have warranty with the three broken HDDs but the company wants me to send it to them. I keep them in case I want to recover them later, but also I will end up paying for packaging and delivery which I cannot be bothered to waste my time with.

A lot of problems exist cause I can be finicky but I'll happily pay a new price than deal with more hassle. My laptop's life span is coming to it's end and so is my time living with my parents. A lot of things are moving forward in my life and I'm honestly just trying to make sure I finish all the mods here before I depart from RimWorld modding for good

I just wanna sit down one day and play with these mods, cause I never get to while making them at the same time

Canute

QuoteI just wanna sit down one day and play with these mods, cause I never get to while making them at the same time
Ok, looks like you are another candidate for "My day need to have 48 hours" ! :-(
Don't forget your modding should be like playing and giving you fun and not stress.
So don't hurry be laggy ! :-)

Chicken Plucker

New Update - British Military Kit
Download links are in the front page

- Added Royal Regiment of Fusiliers beret
- Fixed shell and onskin category issues/errors apart from Rimmu-Nation. (Unsure if existing error or caused by new mod folder)

Managed to squeeze in an update in this older laptop, not only this but struggle to sleep at 1:33 AM. Very cool, very fun. Hey at least you get a new beret that can dust off the room.

Quote from: Canute on September 22, 2019, 04:57:37 PM
QuoteI just wanna sit down one day and play with these mods, cause I never get to while making them at the same time
Ok, looks like you are another candidate for "My day need to have 48 hours" ! :-(
Don't forget your modding should be like playing and giving you fun and not stress.
So don't hurry be laggy ! :-)

Having 48 hours a day would be nice because I'd get to sleep half of that time