[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

sumghai

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on September 22, 2019, 01:36:11 PMdoes your new update fix issues with Elite Crew's new weaponry? They have a skinner knife now and a bunch of other things that go boom

I'll take a look this weekend if I have time. We've just been slammed with patch requests ever since CE:FT went live on Steam

Folks, if you find any Rimmu-Nation or Red Horse Faction weapon/apparel/thingamabob missing compatibility with CE:FT, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE file a ticket on our GitHub issue tracker, instead of posting here.

Our GitHub helps us to track and prioritize issues, and off-the-books requests like shown here will probably get forgotten.

Also, don't just say "lmm not working pl0z f1x kthanxbai" - we'd appreciate detailed and specific reports like "RN_GunBoomBoom and RN_GunBaddaBing from version 0.1.2.3 of RH Super Dooper Faction are missing CE compatibility, could you please update the corresponding patch?" or "British Military Kit mod is now feature-complete and will not change too much for the forseeable future, could we please have this patched?"

Rocket_Raccoon

Take your time, sounds like a good plan :)

Quick question, I can only craft the british ghillie hood, not the suit itself.
Though I can spawn it via dev mode.
Mod is very low in my mod list, does it need to be high up?
Or is the ghillie suit currently uncraftable?

€: for the non-steam version

Chicken Plucker

New update - British Military Kit

- Fixed Shell tags and Ghillie Suit's craftability.

Made the report to Sumghai and AthenaSulisMinerva's FT issue tracker so you boys and gals who do care about CE won't have to. I also did that in Londonese format  8) 8) 8)

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on September 25, 2019, 02:31:13 PM
Take your time, sounds like a good plan :)

Quick question, I can only craft the british ghillie hood, not the suit itself.
Though I can spawn it via dev mode.
Mod is very low in my mod list, does it need to be high up?
Or is the ghillie suit currently uncraftable?

Thanks for pointing it out bro, I've just sorted it out in what should be the last update to the mod. I forgot I use a special format now for craftable apparel within RH factions, I didn't realise the "Makeable" one I had wasn't entirely makeable.

I've updated the issue on Steam now

Guys I have the selection centre at Monday, all my hard work since 5th of June 2018 has built up to this, in terms of fitness and doing mods for RimWorld, working part time and all manner of things that drive me on my knees to pray for miracles. I am nervous. It involves taking a train outside London to Pirbright where the Army trains their dudes, and I'll stay there for 3 days as I am assessed for my physical, medical and mental fitness.

I hope I have good news to bring you guys. When I do get a job offer and a start date, I will try and get a basic US Military Kit done for release here before I go, but I'll be gone for 14 weeks from the start date since it'll need my full focus.

When I earn that Medical Corps cap badge and I get more time to myself at phase 2 training I'll be buying a brand new gaming rig to make mods with for you lot. Maybe I'll have funding for new mod features and be less stressed out for things this time, but I need to stop counting the money since that's not what I'm joining for.

I'll see you all soon

Chicken Plucker

New update - British Military Kit (Last one LAST one, sorry bruv)
- Added Medical Corps, Royal Engineers and Logistics Corps beret as final additions

RLC beret is gonna have to be what trader pawnkinds of the faction use. Them and their extra shiny cap badge which they need to shine brightly since they have to drive all day.

This is the last update, and I do this now before Fast Track team gets started on adding the CE patch. Pardon me for this guys, just had to squish it in yeah? I think many will find the RAMC beret helpful for your doctors and the Engineer beret for building workspeed

^^^^^^^^^^

Right remember when I said this was the last LAST update? well guys, this new one is the last last LAST new update for the British Military Kit, and I do apologise because I just can't have the Logistics having a shinier cap badge than everyone else.

New update - British Military Kit (Last last LAST)

- Logistics cap badge is less shinier and smaller because it doesn't deserve to be as big and shiny as it was

Madman666

nylem

All the best CP but you've got this. Smash it and we'll see you on the other side.

dninemfive

Chicken Plucker

Hey all, been very busy. Got back from assessment centre at the 7th of October.

I got a number there and the whole time I was referred to as "23". Passed the selection and got a grade A.

Had some embarrassing moments, especially when I zone out and stop paying attention for a few seconds. We were having breakfast and the Corporal gave us detail about what to do in the cook hous  (mess hall). After I was done eating, I felt like I'm a big man now cause I finished first. All other soldiers in training flooded the cook house now so there's a sea of green. I stand up and go to the Corporal's table as he's having a conversation with the Sergeant, and I'm like "Corporal where do I put this?"

Lads I got the most disgusted look I've ever gotten from another human being so far in my life and he goes "didn't I tell you to stay seated?"

I'm over there with my plate wearing this bright yellow bib with my number on it while the sea of green and my own fellow candidates stare at me like I'm the biggest mong in the universe. Muttered "sorry Corporal" and I sat back down. My table was like "what did the Corporal say to you?" And I replied "didn't I tell you to stay seated?" The boys then go "yeah best to stay seated mate."

Thanks for telling me that earlier chief.

I'll be back later this weekend and explain more on what's up cause I have a busy weekend ahead, gotta get off this train. Cheers all

Madman666

Dayum, son, why didn you stay seated?! That phrase needs to make it into your next trailer.

Ruisuki

that doesnt sound too bad. tell him youre the lead dev of project red horse and he'll change his tune

Chicken Plucker

Hey all, bout to sleep and return to work tommorrow. Been working full-time before I transition into military life, so I have some money to save. It's been hard since I'm still in college, so I had to ask special permission to be off for the full-time training and blah blah blah until I can do part time blah blah blah boring.

Let's talk about the planned projects this late 2019

- US Military Kit

- Cordis Die

- Ghost Recon

Also the truth is, I am Iron Man.

*Black Sabbath - Iron Man plays*

In summary, Pelador has a working way of allowing Iron Man suits to fly. He also intends to add gadgets later. Yes.

I'm tired, me need to say less words so me can sleep soon

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 12, 2019, 11:42:40 PM
that doesnt sound too bad. tell him youre the lead dev of project red horse and he'll change his tune

I'd be the lead dev of the floor if I told him that

Quote from: Madman666 on October 11, 2019, 05:27:33 AM
Dayum, son, why didn you stay seated?! That phrase needs to make it into your next trailer.

Well, I thought I was pretty slick but it turns out the Corporal didn't play RimWorld, and if he did he probably wouldn't have preferred my mods anyway cause it didn't have the vanilla aesthetic  :o

Goodnight guys gotta go

Chicken Plucker

The Mercs

Preview concept:

Description:
The Mercs are the military arm of Cordis Die. A private army originally based in Cuba that have been operating within the shadows since the Cold War, suffering massive setbacks with the fall of the Soviet Union by losing it's main arms dealer.

The Mercs have matured to the size of a peace keeping force, they are available for other organizations though it will always stay loyal and prioritize it's parent group 'Cordis Die' and it's ideologies which involves hatred towards the Western world and it's hypocrisies.

"Cordis Die" translates to "The Heart Day" in Latin.

Development
Note: You'll see mistakes and lots of unfinished stuff, still in Alpha. I'm also in a rush posting this since I need to sleep, been very busy working constantly so modding has slowed significantly along with updating or even talking to people/explaining my posts better.

Sniper unit headgear

Assault tier 2 headgear

CQB Unit headgear

Crye JPC (Mercs)

Combat uniform(Mercs)

C.L.A.W. assault robot concept
drawsize is changed in code

'Death Machine'
An artwork for a non-existent minigun, decided to change the name to what it's known by in the Call of Duty Black Ops series, which is where this faction comes from.

I'll probably just base it on a 12.7 minigun

Madman666

Chicken Plucker

'Mercs' to-do list:

Naming
- Decide what to call the Mercs

• "Cordis Die Mercenaries"
  • "Cordis Die Mercs"
  • "The Mercs"
  • "Mercs"

I know 'Mercs' is the catchiest but then they sound too generic, even Last Man Mercs have that in their title, Cordis Die may need 'Cordis Die'. Thoughts on this guys?

Textures
- Finish combat onskins (Done!)
- Finish body armor (Done!)
- Finish Headgear
- Finish weapon choices

Coding
- Code Apparel
- Code Weapons

- CE FT patch issue tracker request for new weapons

Will the faction be neutral negative or hostile?
Not sure what to choose on this due to the faction being highly anti-western, though they try to win civilians over to their side. Mercs did do a public kidnapping during Black Ops II however and they shot up a night club without caring much for civilians, need to decide that with a lack of coding regarding their hostility towards others.

Plans after mod:
- US Military Kit
- Ghost Recon
- British and US Factions

Quote from: Madman666 on October 17, 2019, 06:42:14 AM
Looking slicccc.

Thanks Madman  8)

This faction is actually the first Federation ally faction I've made so far for 1.0. So far the faction pool list is this:

The Federation
Russia
China
Cordis Die Mercs
Ultranationalists (If ever made)
Cuba (unlikely to be made)
North Korea (unlikely to be made)
BEAR (If ever made)

The Allies
US
Britain
Canada (If ever made)
Poland (If ever made)
Germany (unlikely to be made)
France (unlikely to be made)
Task Force 141
The Ghosts
Ghost Recon

Private Military Company (Neutral, purchased by both sides by chance)
Umbra Company
Last Man Mercs
War Mongrels
Militaires Sans Fronteries

Diamond Dogs (unlikely to be made)
USEC (If ever made)

Hostile Factions (Can't be bought)
Elite Crew
Demons (DOOM)
MEDUSA (If ever made)
VOID (If ever made)
X.O.F. (If ever made)

Neutral Organizations (Can't be bought)
Korina Republic (Formerly known as Wasteland Republic) (If ever made)
Union Aerospace
UAC Task Force

dninemfive