[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

sumghai

Hey folks, just a quick update on CE:FT compatibility with Rimmu-Nation and Project Red Horse mods.

Due to the upstream CE mod's codebase update to 1.6 that introduced armor penetration and projectile overhauls, the current RN and RH patches bundled with CE:FT may behave... a little wonky. Known issues include:

• Pink squares covering pawn faces- CE added support for multiple head apparel layers, which is incompatible with the GraphicApparelDetour.dll assembly bundled with most RH mods (as a workaround, delete this DLL)
  • Armor being impossibly weak or strong
  • Bullets doing very little to no damage
Two of the three CE:FT team members are currently away to deal with personal matters, so updates and fixes to these patches may take some time. Fortunately, Github user Theblessedwant has volunteered to help with the armor rebalancing, and I'm integrating their work into CE:FT right now as we speak.

Therefore, I would like to ask that everyone here exercise patience during this time, as the recent CE update to 1.6 has significantly affected both regular CE and CE:FT users.

Thank you for your understanding.

Chicken Plucker

DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE AVAILABLE IN FRONT PAGE

BETA

So I've uploaded a working Beta of Cordis Die.

Has a 'few' balancing issues, though if you're still here at this point, which of my mods never had a balancing issue amirite?  8) jejjejeje

Added a lot of new weaponry, so there's no way this mod is CE:FT compatible even without the 1.6 update. Some of which which didn't even have a Rimmu-Nation version:

- TAR-21
- HAMR IAR
- LSAT
- PDW 57
- DSR-50

blah blah blah insert more text here, wow so interesting, wow here's some pictures

Gotta go sleep, gonna march for remembrance day tommorrow. Hope I'm not late or anything, cheers all.

Quote from: sumghai on November 10, 2019, 01:41:16 AM
Therefore, I would like to ask that everyone here exercise patience during this time, as the recent CE update to 1.6 has significantly affected both regular CE and CE:FT users.

Thank you for your understanding.

No pressures at all for updates with CE sumghai. I'm sitting here and I don't mind even if you never made a patch, I understand it can be stressful, time consuming and it was never your obligation to do.

I don't get why a 1.6 needed to happen, things seem pretty fine on the current version, why on earth does it come about when mods were finally getting patched out? I'm threaders. Not gonna work myself up more for that. Enough whining about it from me though.

I'm gonna sleep. Goodnight!

/undogoodnight

Forgot to upload these updates:
Metal Gear Solid
- Change scenario info and logo to "FOXHOUND"

Metal Gear Solid: Incident Sounds 2
- Changed incident sounds for bad urgent small and made death sound a bit more delayed for better effect

Cordis Die
- Changed Label to "Anarchist Terrorist Organization"

Downloads are in front page, me sleep, goodbye, no caps, sry

Skynert

Chicken Plucker

11/11/19 Updates:

[RH] Faction - Cordis Die (1.0)

- MQ-27 Dragonfire added for Cordis Die
- CLAW and Dragonfire now have a small flame explosion after death
- CLAW and Dragonfire SFX on death

- Death Machine description edited
- HAMR IAR and LSAT SFX changed
- CLAW HP scaled up
- CLAW armor scaled up
- CLAW spawn rate on faction base increased
- Other pawntype spawn rate tweaks

[RH] Faction - The Ghosts (1.0)

- Some weird error fix regarding user votes

Quote from: Skynert on November 11, 2019, 01:01:48 PM
When new factions will be on Steam?

You mean Cordis Die? It'll come out when it's ready alongside Metal Gear, probably gonna be in collaboration with Pelador's Camouflage mod when I get the time.

Chicken Plucker

11/11/19 Updates:

[CP] Metal Gear Solid 1.0

- If enabled with MSF faction mod, MSF declares war.
Coded by Dninemfive Kojima
- Edited namebanks for better initial colony name

For those who don't know Metal Gear, this is due to MSF being attacked by a rogue splinter group known as "XOF" in MGS V Ground Zeroes, and the characters spend the whole time in MGS V TPP believing it was FOX behind the losses on MSF.

Got plans to change "MSF" logo and faction name to "Outer Heaven" later, Dninemfive is working on these cool features, allows the plot to be interchangeable if you intend on stopping Outer Heaven/MSF from Metal Gear related plots yadda yadda written by Hideo Kojima.

Time to sleep.

Chicken Plucker

13/11/19 Updates:

Metal Gear Solid 1.0
- Improved scenario opening with slightly increased resources

Metal Gear Solid: Incident Sounds (Original Version)
- Added 'Here's to you - Joan Baez' as an ending song upon finishing the game with spaceship ending.

Faction - Elite Crew
- Changed faction equipment quality chance from 'normal' to 'poor'

Faction - Cordis Die
- Changed Dragonfire 5.7mm MG rounds to 5.56mm

Rimmu-Nation Weapons
- USSOCOM MK23 name changed to SOCOM Mk 23
- Graphic improvement

Gonna keep this short because I am very very weary. The cardboard box from MGS comes with Pelador's Passive Camo mod when both that mod and Metal Gear Solid 1.0 is enabled.

The mod makes camo useful, harder for your pawns to be spotted though it's still in beta currently being perfected and it also hasn't been patched for all my apparel just yet.

DISCORD LINK FOR PASSIVE CAMO MOD BETA:
https://discord.gg/XqfNrM

So far the cardboard box does add an element of stealth, this is what Metal Gear Solid mods were building up to. It's still pending release and refinement. Please do let Pelador know what you think and leave feedback if you use the mod, happy sneaking.

Chicken out

Chicken Plucker

Genome soldiers.

Apparel courtesy by Ods and coding courtesy of Pelador

Just talking concept before I sleep, Genome Soldiers. For once, they will be on your side. The idea is that when your infiltrator on the MGS scenario is ever in trouble, you either get a team of Genome light infantry soldiers sent to you or one of the more elite guys in their full uniform.

That 'heavy infantry' uniform by the way, is the original sneaking suit for Solid Snake from MGS 1. I haven't actually finished these uniforms yet, but I look forward to see comments and thoughts on these events, having genome soldiers sweep in to join your FOXHOUND operation? gonna be sweet.

Dninemfive still working on faction expanded coding, allowing dudes like me to pick a pool of backstories with only military backgrounds, allowing body type filtering and gender filtering for more customisation in factions.

Goodnight guys gotta go sleep

Chicken Plucker

It's my birthday today, having BBQ for dinner right now can't keep food waiting.

Did the old stealth suit, currently doing Gray Fox's cyborg ninja suit. Gonna scrap the genome uniforms cause they may spawn on tribals, wanna keep the mod small for now.

Skynert

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on November 17, 2019, 01:10:18 PM

It's my birthday today, having BBQ for dinner right now can't keep food waiting.

Happy Birthday!

Chicken Plucker

18/11/19 Updates:

So starting characters seem better now with the additional equipment. They will generate with more stuff on, making the appearance of custom units.

Done all the Beauty and the Beast hairstyles, an all female squad from MGS IV (mini-bosses)

Crying Wolf

Screaming Mantis

Laughing Octopus

Raging Raven

Also added the Gray Fox set:

Gray Fox's hair

So courtesy of Pelador, if your infiltrator goes down in the FOXHOUND scenario, guess who comes along?

That's right.

A team of FOXHOUND operators will also arrive at some point if you're still getting in trouble equipped with SOCOM Mk 23 MOD 0 pistols.

Muh-mu-mo-money shot. Thanks to dninemfive also for coding provisions which has been implemented, FOX will send you provisions every week with a chance of something going wrong. They stop doing so after 60 days.

Metal Gear Solid 1.0
Update summary:
- FOXHOUND stealth suit and bandana added
- Exo Suit THI helmet and armor added
- Rescue team incident added
- Provisions incident added
- FOXHOUND beret added
- 3 new hairstyles added
- Changed 'David' hairstyle name to 'Liquid Snake'
- Changed scenario again to start with only 10 survival meals and 5 medicine

DOOM 1.0 updated:
- description fixes

Quote from: Skynert on November 17, 2019, 05:28:51 PM
Quote from: Chicken Plucker on November 17, 2019, 01:10:18 PM

Happy Birthday!

Thank you my friend. It's 4AM now and I have to wake up in 3 hours, awkward. I busted my buttocks to finish this MGS mod, so did dninemfive and Pelador and I hope you all enjoy it, cheers. (mod still not done though, rip)

Chicken Plucker

18/11/19 Updates pt 2:

Metal Gear Solid 1.0
- Buffed HF Blade damage
- Made all weapons craftable through machining bench or smithing table
- Changed Exo Suit crafting bench to Fabrication Bench rather than Machining Table
- Other crafting related tweaks

Militaires Sans Frontieres
- Changed crafting values for NL weapons to be in line with Metal Gear Solid 1.0 (despite weapons not being craftable at the moment)

Rimmu-Nation Weapons
- Honey Badger and AKMS-U now craftable

Money Shot.

Time for me to go, cheers all and don't forget to enable the new items or clothing in your stockpile settings so cyborg ninjas and operators coming to rescue you don't start stripping.

Chicken Plucker

Plans:

Scenario:
Start with 3 Delta Operators, your role is reconnaissance and rescue. A distress broadcast was received by HQ, the person behind the radio gives an account of a catastrophic failure. A mission to evacuate civilians led to an enemy ambush that ended up in slaughter. The death toll according to the survivor, is "Too many".

The broadcast has been playing on repeat for several days, your orders are to trace the signal and extract any survivors.

Opening text:
As you prepare your boots to set foot on this foreign soil, you take inventory with your squad to make sure all the equipment is accounted for.

It seems command underestimated this mission, you have just lost radio contact with them and there's no possible way they can monitor our every move. You're on your own.

Gentlemen, welcome to the outer Rim.

Pawnkind loadout:

- UBACS (Delta A-TACS)
- CRYE JPC (Delta)
- Scarf (Walker)
- Tactical Cap (Lugo)
- Earpiece

Sample pawntype for generation based on "Cpt. Martin Walker"

Planned Starting kit:

- US Army MREs

- Medic Bags

- IFAK (on pawnkind)

- M4A1 "Walker"

- Steyr Scout

- M249

- Spectre Air Bombardment

- Snugpak SF Bivvi (ATACS-AU)

Maybe I will include the 33rd Infantry, a rogue US Army battalion that uses the UCP uniforms. May have to do fancy coding on that, can't spoil much to those who haven't actually seen Spec Ops: The Line, but you will end up engaging soldiers who were on your side.

But for now we have Metal Gear Solid 1.0 and all the camo patches needing to be done for "CAS" (Camo and Stealth). See you all later, gonna get to bed.

Chicken Plucker

Finished some Delta operator beards, did some character ones from the game, one hairstyle based on "American Sniper" (since I kinda screwed up Walker's hair anyway but it looked like Chris Kyle) and this Delta operator beard from the film "13 Hours" by none other than legendary director Michael Bay.

Only one female hairstyle this time (may use a male one that's short)

It's a donut style hair bun, military standard for women's hair.

I will leave you guys with the item pool down here:

Headgear:

Helmet:

Armor and Messenger bag:

Uniforms:

Time for me to sleep now. Finished all the textures, there's at least 4 new hairstyles for men thanks to this mod but it needs testing, will the stuff even look good? if you notice there's no more outlines and that's supposed to represent stubbles or buzzcuts, a technique I learned from my friend Ods. It can look dodgy in-game when it's generated for a more narrow head.

Gonna update soon with rescue team fixes for Metal Gear Solid 1.0, and it'll be implemented in Spec Ops: The Line 1.0 with Delta operator rescue teams for you. For now when I get back tommorrow I still have to find time to finish all .xml coding, but before that I ought to sort out all the paperwork I need to do irl that I've neglected.

At the moment our friend Dninemfive is working on a rescue event that is connected to this mod's scenario. And so, I close my eyes, cheers all.

foxr3y

Looks really great man! I'm really loving this project.

Chicken Plucker

Hello fellas, just dropping by as I head to work to leave an update on what's up.

I spent so much time last night, lacking sleep today for work (easy day) but the result is all of the Spec Ops The Line clothes and weaponry coded (shabbily, needs polishing such as including the thingcategories) and I also redid the faction logo.

(This is where the image would be if I had access to it from my computer.)

So instead of a spade and some random knife, it's an accurate SFOD-D logo with a Native American arrowhead and the Fairbairn-Skyes dagger.

(This is where cool preview would be if I was not on a 345 to Chelsea and Westminister Hospital)

I've also fixed the preview cause Walker's little teeny tiny hand is too small, added orange lighting/shading to his rifle and presto cause the current one uploaded here looks cut off.

I've coded your scenario faction as Delta Force to be recognised by Task Force 141 and The Ghosts so they'll radio you, you get some notification and it goes

"Hey mate, I'm Bravo Six innit, you wanna grab a pint of lager or summin'?" - Task Force 141

And The Ghosts go

"Woah, fellow Americans deuuud. We're gonna call you 'brother' man cause that's what we are deuuuud, did you buy a Camparo like I did bro? You know I married a stripper and she totally cheated on me. USA! USA!" - Ghosts

All that possible cause dninemfive coded it

Obviously I tried to be as accurate as possible as to how they would message you. For now I have a long day ahead, gotta stay awake.

The mod has tons of errors,need to sort it out cause I was screaming at the screen at 1:30am in the morning cause the bloody thing won't work. Otherwise if it was all .xml and there was no storytelling element it'd be done by now.

I'll catch you all with a release later, take care

Quote from: foxr3y on November 20, 2019, 01:50:51 AM
Looks really great man! I'm really loving this project.

Thanks man, happy that your first post is a Red Horse post! I'll hand over the beta mod for Spec Ops: The Line soon