[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Chicken Plucker

No updates today. It's my last week in my home, gonna move in to live in Pirbright and other miltiary establishments starting this Sunday. It's quite bizarre to me but it's what's happening.

Anyway let's talk about Modern Warfare 1.1

So I've decided to work on the Coalition faction mod, it's going to have 2 factions.

"Coalition Team"

QuoteThe Coalition is a multi-national alliance consisting of operators from the UKSF, Warcom and Demon Dogs. For years in their world the Coalition has been at war with their eastern counterpart known as "Allegiance". Ever since the Mechanoid invasion of their home planet, every human based conflict was put on hold to repel this alien invasion.

With heavy losses and irreversible damage to the environment from nuclear fallout, it is only a matter of time until the end of their world. The Coalition's solution, was to use the enemy's technology, escape to the stars and find a new home.

Coalition teams sent within the outer rim are to build relations with locals and to create a safe environment for the arrival of their people.

"The First Wave"

QuoteFirst Wave of troops sent by the Coalition several years ago. They have since cut ties with the Coalition and have gone dark.

Tasked with finding a new home, some ships failed to even land on a suitable planet. After encountering terror from all kinds of situations across different worlds, reality quickly sunk in that they were on their own. After years spent barely surviving, many teams forsook their mission to look after themselves.

Known veteran first wave teams have turned to private military contracting to purchase a new life, others consumed by their fears and rage have turned against all those around them. Some of the more dedicated teams have chosen to help out communities, though that is a rarity among the first wave.

Those that were lost in the stars were at least spared the horrors of having to do what the first wave did to survive.

Coalition pawntype testing

Done some hairstyles

Hairstyles include some of what I call "operator beards" from the movie 13 hours, 2 female hairs from rainbow six siege, Ela and IQ, and Captain Price's old hairstyle, Alex from MW 2019 and operator Mara's hairstyle.

I did Karma's hairstyle from Black Ops II, I need to fix the front view but the hairstyles look decent.

I'm gonna sleep, no time to explain much else other than I need to wrap up modding soon. I want time to prepare for the army, and as much as I get requests to update this or that right now I can't and I need to go. Cheers all.

Skynert

Chicken Plucker

1.1 MODLIST

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1W1_-TCmGMNGJSddCwjtoAVjc1K8dJhKi

Mods updated
- Task Force 141
- The Ghosts
- Umbra Company
- Spec Ops: The Line
- Rimmu-Nation: Clothing
- Military Furniture
- Added "The Coalition" faction

Details: Added Coalition faction mod, also removed psychic sensitivity stat stuff across multiple mods and made all rimmu-nation clothing gear craftable. Fixed Spec Ops the line apparel not staying one colour, fixed FBI apparel not staying one colour.

Quote from: Skynert on March 16, 2020, 04:41:32 AM
Wow, I cant wait for boats and everything.

It's already added and working my friend, I don't think I'll add more boats. You need to have Smash Phil's boats mod enabled.

Skynert

Chicken Plucker

1.1 MODLIST

Mods updated
- Task Force 141
- Rimmu-Nation: Weapons

Details: Cleaned up some Task Force 141 extra files, Rimmu-Nation: Weapons, AK-12 and AK-15 textures improved.

Allegiance textures are finished 6 days left for me and here I am not sleeping yet.

Allegiance kit list:

* Altyn helmet, goggle and GP-7 variant
* GP-7, Balaclava (Spetsnaz) and Headset 2
* 6B43 Vest, SSO Tactical Vest, Assault Backpack SURPAT
* Telnyashka (Spetsnaz) and GORKA-4 (Spetsnaz)

Just need some coding, finally getting Spetsnaz back besides the ones from War Mongrels, but of course these are proper non-contractor Spetsnaz. War Mongrels had PMC ones that were baddies while our Allegiance one will be on a government sanctioned mission, so the equipment would be as accurate as I could get.

I know the assault backpack SURPAT doesn't really exist since it's just a western tactical backpack with a SURPAT camo, but it looked good and it cut time from making another backpack so whatever.

Redid the AK-12 and AK-15 textures just so they can look better on the Spetsnaz.

Goodnight/morning all. Got MSFT tommorrow, big oof

Retry_02Hide

Hell Yeah! Finally some taticool close air support stuffs coming!

Chicken Plucker

Hey all. It's been quite a day. It's not doing so good here in the UK, shops are being flocked and ransacked so people can stockpile, schools and workplaces shutting down, KFC and MacDonalds even stopped taking orders unless it's takeout and..

The Armed Forces. I got the phone call that my basic training got cancelled! I was not given a time when I'll be in, they're hoping less than 6 months. They said even people in training are to be sent home due to Covid-19. College is also shut down, but we are to do PT at home during this 5 week crackdown.

On the bright side I can update some mods, I'm not gonna be on stress mode trying to finish everything in less than 72 hours. I'm just a bit worried cause before this whole military thing and before I started modding, all I did at home was be depressed. With nothing to do and no "bigger purpose" I'm hoping I don't lose my mind in 5 weeks. A lack of self fulfillment combined with idleness is a recipe for disaster. I know some of you may feel that way, which is why we blow things up in video games and build massive colonies and perform hostage rescues, cause it makes us feel like the dog's dinner at home. I found Jesus Christ found me before all this and he got me off my feet, everyone I've ever met, all I saw in them ever since is hope. Even you guys, who I do not know personally who may just lurk, I see hope in you when I remember what he did on that cross. Salvation, free to be grasped by all. In that 5 weeks there will be no depression, there will be helicopters and more tacticool gear if it's the last thing I do before corona virus kicks my door down with flashbangs and MP5s (which it can't do cause it's doesn't have my mods, rip).

See you all with War Mongrels 1.1, and more helicopters. I'm gunning on US Military Kit within 5 weeks also, but I'm cutting their ceremonial stuff to save time. It's all a big maybe for now, but I really want all B18 faction mods that haven't been updated out with 1.1 factions before corona virus goes away. If it doesn't and this whole thing turns into 28 days later, at least I don't have to update mods anymore. Always a silver lining!

exegert

Hey CP. Once again, I'm thanking you for all your hard work :)

Well, you have your bigger purpose still - you can better prepare for your upcoming military training, even at home.

And maybe it'll be a good idea to get yourself a Ko-fi account or something, so some of us can support you.

Chicken Plucker

1.1 MODLIST

Mods updated
- Task Force 141
- Rimmu-Nation: Weapons
- Rimmu-Nation: Clothing
- Faction: Coalition
- Faction: Allegiance

Details: Updated Coalition with higher quality world logo, grammar error fixes for Rimmu-Nation Clothing, added Coalition scenario and changed basename generation names. Special thanks to dninemfive for coding scenario stuff, including alliance effects. Also added Allegiance which is not 100% finished and is actually in beta, untested for bugs on it's own but I last time I checked, zero errors. Rimmu-Nation Weapons, some tags and grammar stuff fixed.

I'm off to sleep, no time to explain it all, it's almost 4am and I spent too long on this. I am extremely annoyed at how slow a computer can be when you need it to be fast, it goes on and on for hours doing nothing but freeze.

Quote from: exegert on March 19, 2020, 12:12:38 AM
Hey CP. Once again, I'm thanking you for all your hard work :)

Well, you have your bigger purpose still - you can better prepare for your upcoming military training, even at home.

And maybe it'll be a good idea to get yourself a Ko-fi account or something, so some of us can support you.

Hey thanks exegert as always for the offer. I think I still wanna stand by and not accept money for these mods. I think it's pride for me, and I never wanna have to be pressured because I was paid by someone, especially when I get into my "bro is hard to mod, stop." moods when people ask for updates. I'm gonna leave it as a no for now and trust that God will provide for me as he always does for all.

exegert

Ha-ha, more stuff for the motherland! Downloading it now, gonna report any bugs if present. BTW if you need some info on russian\soviet equipment translated from russian to shitty english, feel free to ask - I can try to support you this way at least.

FalkrimWright

L85A2 craft is broken. Maybe it's only my modpack problem... but sometimes room with rifle bench breaking - other workbenches loses all gizmos too.

sumghai

CP, I'm getting an Access Denied message from your Google Drive links for your 1.1 mods. Any ideas what's going on?

Chicken Plucker

1.1 MODLIST

Mods updated
- Faction: Allegiance

Details: Fixed the mod to work on it's own, some issues sorted out

Progress report:

The boys are back in town? Gorka-1 with old soviet-afghan war leaf or KMLK pattern. Altyn is reused but with some subtle differences.

Here is a War Mongrels soldier in uniform, again using 6B23 but with a flora camo pattern. Soviet gear as well. He's wearing 6B7 helmet with no camo cover on it. I thought even though they're mostly Serb based, increased stock on soviet equipment would make sense.

I've got plans to sort out the backstories of Coalition and Allegiance, I don't like the fact that I made them all connected to the other factions since they shouldn't be. Ghosts, Cordis Die and etc. come from other alternate earths so I'm gonna sort that out in a bit.

Quote from: sumghai on March 20, 2020, 11:57:06 PM
CP, I'm getting an Access Denied message from your Google Drive links for your 1.1 mods. Any ideas what's going on?

Very strange my friend, I'm gonna right click and re-share the links. It's been doing that for some mods, cancelling the access to other people and I have to share the stuff over and over. Please let me know specifically what is doing it, otherwise I hope the issue isn't on your end? Not some kind of region lock

I got your message on discord by the way, I'm sorry I didn't get to reply. I immediately had a busy week, then all of the sudden coronavirus frees up my schedule for an x amount of months. Hope I dont gain weight in lockdown (or lose too much of it due to closed down stores)  :o

Quote from: FalkrimWright on March 20, 2020, 01:53:46 PM
L85A2 craft is broken. Maybe it's only my modpack problem... but sometimes room with rifle bench breaking - other workbenches loses all gizmos too.

Tested it my friend, things are working fine with minimal mods. It's a mod conflict from something outside my mod collection for sure but thanks for informing me. I recommend sorting out the mod load order

Quote from: exegert on March 20, 2020, 12:24:01 AM
Ha-ha, more stuff for the motherland! Downloading it now, gonna report any bugs if present. BTW if you need some info on russian\soviet equipment translated from russian to shitty english, feel free to ask - I can try to support you this way at least.

thanks my friend! Not for now maybe, War Mongrels is in the works..

Skynert

exegert

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on March 21, 2020, 09:30:09 AM
1.1 MODLIST

The boys are back in town? Gorka-1 with old soviet-afghan war leaf or KMLK pattern. Altyn is reused but with some subtle differences.

Here is a War Mongrels soldier in uniform, again using 6B23 but with a flora camo pattern. Soviet gear as well. He's wearing 6B7 helmet with no camo cover on it. I thought even though they're mostly Serb based, increased stock on soviet equipment would make sense.

Looking good, escpecially flora. KMLK is not actually a camo pattern - it is (roughly) summer camouflaged concealment overalls. So it's basically name of the uniform model with varying camo patterns. And I've never heard displayed pattern being called war leaf - it looks like berezka (birch) pattern more than anything but pattern pieces are too big and too close together. Actually, I vaguelly remember camo that looks a bit like the one on the picture too, but it's too old and obscure.

This is not meant to diminish your hard work in any way, just sharing some thoughts & info.