Question about Relationships

Started by Fistandantillus7, March 13, 2018, 09:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fistandantillus7

How does the game determine when two pawns start a relationship?

I just started playing the game last week and I could not find an answer on the wiki or via a search here.

I have two married couples in my colony right now and I was trying to engineer a third (I am short of bedrooms). They started off with good opinions of each other and I kept assigning them both work tasks in the same room and they had lots of chats and deep conversations and now his opinion of her is +88 and her opinion of him is +78. Their opinions had been slightly higher but I have needed them to do things apart so not as many deep talks recently but opinion levels seem to be holding here. He is 28, she is 24. They each like each other more than any other pawn in my colony and they like each other more than the two married couples like each other, but he keeps making unwanted advances on one of the married women.
Evil reptilian kitten eater from another planet.

Texaskimo

They became friends, no romance possible.

The friend zone is a bitch, sorry bro.

Corn von Holio

Been a while since I booted up Rimworld, but I believe there is somewhere in the social tab that you sould be able to see the romance chance. Basically how high a chance it is for someone to try to get in a relationship with someone else.
I am not corrupt, just willing to consider other solutions given adequate amounts of TP.

Toast

Quote from: Corn von Holio on March 14, 2018, 07:47:58 AM
Been a while since I booted up Rimworld, but I believe there is somewhere in the social tab that you sould be able to see the romance chance. Basically how high a chance it is for someone to try to get in a relationship with someone else.

You have to turn on Dev Mode to see it, but yeah, it's there in the social tab when you hover over the other pawn's name. There's a "compatibility" number in the approx. range of 3 to -3, with numbers above 0 being more likely to produce deep talks and friendly chats, and to progress to friendship/love, and negative numbers tending to produce more hostile interactions and poor relationships. There's also a number indicating how likely the pawn is to attempt to romance the target pawn--probably based on sexual orientation, compatibility, age, beauty, and other factors.

I have no idea how the game generates the compatibility score, but there seems to be a large random component, as I have saved a pre-generated group of pawns in Prepare Carefully and started them on various different maps, and their compatibility scores are different on every map.

Fistandantillus7

Quote from: Toast on March 14, 2018, 01:55:10 PM
I have no idea how the game generates the compatibility score, but there seems to be a large random component, as I have saved a pre-generated group of pawns in Prepare Carefully and started them on various different maps, and their compatibility scores are different on every map.

Thanks. Good to know.
Evil reptilian kitten eater from another planet.

Dashthechinchilla

I know that personality traits effect compatibility. Lazy vs hard worker, chemical interest vs teetotaler, ect. You don't have to download it, but the psychology mod takes this base and expands on it. The description of the mod might give insight into vanilla.