Tribal on sea ice?

Started by Jackalvin, March 19, 2018, 02:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackalvin

Quick question, is it possible to survive on sea ice with the tribal start? I've been playing the rich explorer start, but I really like tribal. Are there enough resources?
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

Jernfalk

Make sure one is Cannibal. Kill 4. Food problems averted. Cabin with only enough space for a campfire and butcher table. After that it's luck based.

Canute

With the standard scenario i would say no.
You don't find wood for campfire.
You don't have clothes to survive the cold.

Vlad0mi3r

This would be a good question for Yoshida he only plays Tribal and has come up with a way to play on Ice sheet. See the post about war masks.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on March 19, 2018, 05:49:40 PM
This would be a good question for Yoshida he only plays Tribal and has come up with a way to play on Ice sheet. See the post about war masks.

I also only play tribal/extreme.

The answer is that it's cannibal or bust basically.  Cannibal lets you use deadman's parkas and keeps food from being a lethal issue.  Non-cannibal on extreme will have mental breaks that kill you, but maybe on low difficulties you can do non-cannibal.

Since you don't start with steel and there is none on the map naturally, you will have to wait for ship chunks or similar to get a research bench going.

Also, you don't have resources for deadfalls.  If you're going to run tribal sea ice, your micromanagement abuse of doors needs to be pretty flawless.  Don't bring in too many pawns until you can handle the raids.