Mod to improve defence shooting?

Started by Thangunis, March 20, 2018, 04:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thangunis

I am looking for a mod to improve the defensive fights I am having. My colonists are dug deep into defensive positions and the enemy is running at them... and usually hurting them...

Someone recommended me this mod (Run & Gun)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1204108550
I am just not sure whether it makes the shooting while running even better or does it get rid of it?

Canute

You want mods ?
Embasure's , like impassable sandbag's that give you cover. Attack can shoot through but can't mellee them.
Barbwire, slow down movement which give your pawn's more time to shoot at them, and hurt their feet a bit.

But even without mods,
you should build more sandbag's before their defence to slow them early, and mix that with traps.

Vlad0mi3r

I wouldn't use run and gun to help your defence. It makes it harder as you get shots fired at you all the time.

As Canute said Trap corridors are good and putting your people behind sand bags helps too.

One thing I like to do is put melee pawns next to my shooters. That way if an enemy gets to close you have someone equipped to deal with them. you can also achieve this melee safety net with cheep animals like Boars soaking melee damage.

Finally stagger your weapon ranges. It might seam like a good idea to give everyone the longest range weapon but this can mean your pawns are firing at someone with a sniper rifle hiding behind a rock in the distance, as the enemy with the sword runs towards your line unharmed. Pump shotguns and machine pistols make a big difference in keeping the enemy back from your line.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Jaxxa

Since you are ok with mods allow me to suggest a few of mine:

- ED-ShieldsBasic Setup shield generators to stop incoming bullets.

- ED-Embrasures as mentioned by Canute allows shooting (both ways) while stops movement.

- ED-EnhancedOptions Can allow you to stop traps from triggering on Colonists, so you can use more of them without worrying.

If you use all of them it might be too overpowered, but try it out and see if you think you would like any of those.