Questions About Raiding Bases

Started by tymur999, March 20, 2018, 06:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tymur999

1. If I raid a base, will it become abandoned and I will be able to visit anytime back to get the resources?

2. If a base sells a specific something, and the base gets destroyed by my faction, will the items that they offered to trade appear in their stockpile? If not, what will appear? (Food, guns, clothing etc.)

3. How big are faction bases?

Also, tell me a bit about what way I should raid these factions. Thanks!

Jernfalk

Right... Let's see:
1 - Once it's defenders are killed or surrender (they flee), you'll have a limited amount of time (24 hours) to leave the map. Once you leave, it will disappear forever, so plan ahead and bring a pack animal or two if you want to take a lot of loot back.
2 - Bases do not influence Caravans and trades other than the fact that the faction you attacked will become hostile to you and won't send you caravans until you make peace. The items that appear on bases are random, sometimes they are valuable, sometimes they are shit.
3 - They usually have around 4-7 rooms with random themes. The defenses range from 0 to 5-ish turrets, around 6 to 14-ish members of that faction with weapons fitting of their faction. So you better prepare a nice tactical attack force. (Keep in mind that you can still get raided while people are traveling, and they will attack with the same force as if all your colonists were present)

Vlad0mi3r

1. If you raid a base and are successful at killing all the enemy there the base will be destroyed and the temporary map created will not be available to visit again.

2. No not necessarily. When you attack a base a random map is generated so it is random what you get. You will generally get a small to medium room full of random stuff weapons, food, clothing etc.

3. Generally you will be facing 10+ pawns with varying degrees of equipment. Tribals will be equipped as tribals etc. with advanced bases there will be turrets to deal with as well.

You shouldn't unless they are pirate bases. If you have the potential to trade with them then it is a good long term strategy to make peace and trade. Especially now that there is the peace talk event that means you don't have to spend heaps of silver or release lots of captured tribals to make them happy with you.

Pirate Bases should be attacked mid to late game to keep you entertained while you grind advanced components. 8 to 10 heavily armed and armoured pawns should be enough to take out a base. Bionics will help as well.

If you are interested in some cheese you can take out a whole enemy base with a single pawn. Ask if your interested to know how.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503