Can get to orbit, can't make a car?

Started by Necronomocoins, March 22, 2018, 03:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necronomocoins

It kind of throws me out a little when I am making a caravan whilst part way through making a spaceship and realize there is no way of making any kind of vehicular support. It doesn't have to be a mobile structure, just one that gets removed when it is being used. It would need new constructible or craftable parts like the spaceship but can be loaded in to a new map.

Dargaron

I think that at the very least, there should be synthetic items that allow the player to modify the movement speed/carrying capacity of pawns on the mini map. For example:

-Craftable carts: Each cart included in the caravan increases the carrying capacity of one draft animal by x%. One animal can only use one cart. Amplifies the movement effects (positive or negative) of terrain by 1.2
-Cloth/leather backpacks: Flat increase to pawn carrying capacity. Decreases movement speed. Good quality or higher no longer decrease movement speed.
-Wheelbarrows: Made out of wood or metal. Function like carts, but for pawns instead.

Maybe once those are implemented, we could move on to cars/trucks/Sandcrawlers/boats.

JadeJade

That's a good point. It would be great to see vehicles in the future.

sick puppy

these are some really neat ideas.
i had another: sleds.
they are idk, like 20% faster on ice sheet, sea ice and all other tiles in snowy winters and otherwise are 50% slower.
they only give you a slight advantage in carrying weight and you need multiple animals to pull it. upside is, you can use animals that cant usually carry anything, like dogs or reindeer, but i guess also rhinos, bears, thrumbos and fat rim-rats.
max speed of the sled would depend on the animals pulling it. every pawn has to be carried, otherwise speed buff wont work, obviously

eg. one sled, 10 doggos (i don't know, i guess huskies), a single pawn controlling it who could carry 30 kg on his own, but since he has a sled with him, he can carry 150 kg (as the sled needs to carry at least his fat ass, the stuff he would carry alone anyway, plus all the dog food and THEN you have to make it worth it. like, even pemmican is kinda heavy for this purpose. i once again suggest redoing weight for vanilla rimworld)

edit: we'd also need to consider the weight of (hand-)carts and sleds aswell, since a single dog or a single pawn cant pull a cart that's 300kg by itself