Selling Stone

Started by AwesumnisRawr188, June 13, 2014, 09:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AwesumnisRawr188

Hey guys,

As far as I've seen, you can't sell stone to any trader. I would like to be able to sell stone for at least one silver, seeing as I have 4,000 too much, and could really use some metal.

Has anyone seen a trader that buys stone?

Mattorious

I haven't, it'd be nice to have a 'Materials' trader that takes stone, bricks and wood. Just my two cents
Quote from: wooaa on December 11, 2014, 11:52:49 PM
I love the mindset of gamers. Given a new feature to help keep our people alive and make the game more realistic, the first thing we think of is a way to kill people with it

AwesumnisRawr188

Yup, along with being able to sell planks for more than 0 silver.

Battlemage15

Wood and Stone should sell for 1 each (and be bought for 2 each).  Metal should sell for 2 each (and cost 3 each).

Wood and Stone should not be big money industries, but if I can turn 900 bricks into 300 metal, that would be nice.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Battlemage15 on June 14, 2014, 12:59:29 AM
Wood and Stone should sell for 1 each (and be bought for 2 each).  Metal should sell for 2 each (and cost 3 each).

Wood and Stone should not be big money industries, but if I can turn 900 bricks into 300 metal, that would be nice.

What if we could turn the stone into a useful item, like a statue or something, and sell the finished goods?   There is a huge lack of "Finished goods" in rimworld. So no way to really have an economy without metal...
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

HeadWar

I can't really see rocks being a popular interstellar trade item.

Mattorious

Quote from: HeadWar on June 14, 2014, 04:52:44 PM

Well, think about it. Extraterrestrial gravel! Made from the finest stones from the farthest reaches of the galaxy.
I love the mindset of gamers. Given a new feature to help keep our people alive and make the game more realistic, the first thing we think of is a way to kill people with it

HeadWar

Admittedly, certain types of rock are much sought after, and can be shipped long distances, such as marble and pink granite.

AwesumnisRawr188

Yus, and it may be a type of rock found only on the RimWorld.

StorymasterQ

Then perhaps it ought to be further refined, like a refining table. Extracting the real gems from the gravel, so to speak. Otherwise it's just a very good material to make floors with.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Spidyy

Quote from: HeadWar on June 14, 2014, 04:52:44 PM

And still, we continuously get invaded by drop-pods giving us a lot of stone bricks. But from where do they comes from?

Tynan

You can sell pretty much anything in Alpha 7 :)
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Mattorious

@Spidyy

Good job, your thread necro gave us some free info! :D

Johnny Masters

We need some necro's around. There are too many repeated suggestions

Dr. Z

Till Alpha 7 hits, you may want to check out "Trader Tweaks" below my message, it allows you to trade stone to industrial traders, although I don't know to which price.
Prasie the Squirrel!