Bunk Mate!

Started by Pendryn, June 13, 2014, 10:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pendryn

Just a thought, how about a lessened happiness penalty if you are only rooming with one other colonist? Sure, 3 or more would probably make me nuts IRL in one room, but it isn't unreasonable for two people to share a room with minimal complaint.

Perhaps when traits do things, one of the traits could be for someone to actually get a bonus to happiness from having roommates.
Reticulating all the splines.

Austupaio

I was actually just thinking of this just last night, funny to see this thread.

But yes, right now it's a choice between an unhappy but reasonably sized dorm, or a gigantic housing complex to house each individual colonist happily. I think it would be fairly reasonable to make the unhappy thought from sharing a bedroom scale to the amount of people shared with.

Military and mining backgrounds should probably not have the penalty at all, but that's not really worth the effort of you putting in.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Pendryn on June 13, 2014, 10:11:43 PM
Just a thought, how about a lessened happiness penalty if you are only rooming with one other colonist? Sure, 3 or more would probably make me nuts IRL in one room, but it isn't unreasonable for two people to share a room with minimal complaint.

Perhaps when traits do things, one of the traits could be for someone to actually get a bonus to happiness from having roommates.

Whats with all these threads trying to remove negative status effects....

Im sorry, but it shouldnt be removed, a penalty should exist so that you are encouraged to make your colonists there own rooms.

So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

StorymasterQ

Not removed, but lessened. And I agree with that. Though to balance it, perhaps a harsher penalty for colonists who actually prefer their own room to have roommates.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here