Succession Game Joining Thread! LETS DO THIS! (Turn In Progress!)

Started by Untrustedlife, June 14, 2014, 02:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

Is Untrustedlife still alive and well?  Are we still doing this on A4, or switching to A5?

Untrustedlife

Quote from: milon on July 07, 2014, 01:08:18 PM
Is Untrustedlife still alive and well?  Are we still doing this on A4, or switching to A5?

im sorry, it seems whenever i want to do something like this life hits me like a brick.....

I guess we can switch to a5, ill have to just just start up on randy random and be like "Story time", My birthday is tomorrow so dont expect me on then, but this weekend I have work off (I ended up having lots of work the past couple weeks) :) so I can do it. We will still do it. Just make sure to keep up on this thread so we can set off when Im done with my turn. Again, sorry i wish i could devote my entirety of time to making the first (hopefully of many) succession game of rimworld, but its difficult.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Telkir

Should there still be a space free I would love to join in on this!

milon

I'm going to be house sitting for a week starting this weekend, then I'm off on vacation for 2 weeks. I won't be able to take a turn until early August, so put me later in the rotation.

Headshotkill

Headshotkill [AKA. Tom (name I would use ingame)] reporting for duty!

Some questions:

-How long does a turn last, do we have 1 week or 1 day?

-Will we be allowed to start construction of the spaceship?

Oh yeah, we should call the colony 'Boatmurdered 2.0'.

milon

@Headshotkill,
Each turn is 10 in-game days (see 1st post).  Good question about the spaceship.  I would assume yes, but I'll defer to Untrustedlife.

Quote from: Headshotkill on July 11, 2014, 09:53:17 AM
Oh yeah, we should call the colony 'Boatmurdered 2.0'.
Don't forget about Bronzemurder!

theapolaustic1

Oh man this sounds so cool, I'd love to hop in on it. My computer's dead right now (though I have access to a rimworld-playable one in the meantime, so I can still play), but it will be fixed on the 15th or so. I'm up for being wherever in rotation fits, no need for delay (noticed a lot of people saying they need to be put later down in the schedule).

If it works, throw me in somewhere between the 20th and 26th, possibly. Gf's coming up for a visit and I've been ranting about this game constantly to her. Would definitely be a fun way of showing her what the game is like!

Also since we're talking about colony names: That can be edited the same as colonist names in the save file, right? We could just make it an option to rename the colony when we take over, should our leader so desire.

(Also, now that A5 changed how the dates display, maybe change the reign to 15 days, so that it's one month per leader? Or is that too long?)

Untrustedlife

I think we will stick with 10 days, but there is plenty of things to do in game now... what do you guys think?

Milon Has been move to the end of the rotation as he asked

Telkir  has been added

HeadshotKill has been added

Theapolaustic has been added

I see no problem with making the space ship guys You can only evacuate so many colonists anyway. Try not to end it too early though :)

I expect even if we actively try it will take a few rotations anyway
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Have free time tomorrow, Expect at least one update tomorrow :)
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

theapolaustic1

Greatly appreciate the update, was starting to worry if you had disappeared.

Personally I like the idea of fifteen days from a story perspective. It's a bit of an odd thing to consider someone running a place for a bit over a week before stepping down without some abstraction to it, but a monthly "leader" rotation makes a bit more sense (even if in reality those months are only 15 days long, it's a bit less abstract sounding, if you understand what I mean?) for a small group of people.

Regarding the spaceship: It might be a bit of fun if we each gave a self-assigned "priority" before we took charge (think "campaign promises"). So one person may focus entirely on the ship, then it just languishes in the hanger half-built for two terms until someone else remembers it.

Even if that's not what everyone else likes, I may just do something like that as my fluff for how my leader came to be in charge :P

(Also I'm sorry to be a pedant about this but it bugs me a bit: The "1" in my name isn't a "this username was taken" sort of 1, it's as in the pronoun "one". Xbox live had a character limit just short of what I needed for the full name and I still use the same version elsewhere :P)

Untrustedlife

Alright we are doing 15 days, since nobody else said anything. I hope they havent lost hope.
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

LINK

Untrustedlife

Update #1

Urist's Log

January 1st (Year 1 of the Colony)

So I came on this space-liner to get away from things, I had just been released from prison, I needed a break, thought the space-liner would be a nice relaxing vacation for me, Oh how wrong I was. 

You see, I was drafted a few years back to help establish a colony on a moon, It took a few years, But we did it.It wasn't easy, and it took a toll on my psyche..... It was tough living in holes in the ground for weeks on end, I got a little stir crazy, later the doctor on the colony diagnosed it as  "Cabin Fever" even though it wasn't a cabin, or a fever for that mater.

I killed some people. 3 of them.. they lived in that hole in the ground with me and the rest of the colony.. but it was MY hole in the ground... they paid for it. Of course, the administrator of the colony didnt take too kindly to that.. probably because one of the people who lived in that hole with me was his wife...

Anyway I was eventually released...only 4 years in prison.. they let me out on "good behavior", yea I know only 4 years for 3 murders.. I was really good and I would always tell them the sob-story about how I had a coma when I was younger they must have felt sorry for me......and the empire doesn't care much about their colonists....apparently.

Anyway, after i was released I decided that i needed to get away from things.. a space-liner was perfect.

Then it happened a few weeks in,  I was hanging out in my quarters, and I heard the alarms.. the alarms were very  loud..

I could hear people screaming, and had no idea what was happening. I left my quarters to find that the place was pitch black.

I ran for the longsleep pods...as fast as I could.

Metal ripping all around me.. I got in one of them.. someone else as trying to get in it, but I hit them and threw them out of it.. and the port closed. I could feel the pod being shot out of the liner. And then silence. The AI graciously notified me that it would put me in cryostasis until it found a good place to land. I had no time to respond.  Then blackness.

And then I woke up. I have no idea how long its been.

(I will link all updates from all players in the first post!)

The next few updates I post will Have multiple days in them, and not all days will have a log, I posted this so you can get a background of my character and see that I started)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

LINK

Telkir

theapolaustic1

Yeyeye

Btw, when we switch, how exactly do you change colonist names for when we throw our leaders in if we do it that way? I know it's possible...

milon

Quote from: theapolaustic1 on July 16, 2014, 04:52:12 AM
Yeyeye

Btw, when we switch, how exactly do you change colonist names for when we throw our leaders in if we do it that way? I know it's possible...

Have a look in one of your save files.  I think the colonist names are there in plain text and can be edited at will.  I'd give you a better answer, but I'm at work right now.

Headshotkill