What does "disfigured" mean?

Started by CucumberedPickle, March 29, 2018, 10:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CucumberedPickle

In the social logs apparently some colonists don't like other colonist because they are "disfigured" and it has -15 social points? Anyway, what does this mean and how can I fix it?
The number of possible signatures there are might as well be, for practical use, infinite, yet I chose this one.

Honestade

Check their health tab-I think that means they have a scar.

OFWG

They have a disfiguring injury such as a missing jaw. I don't think that just a scar would count for this but I could be wrong.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Vlad0mi3r

Disfigured is to do with facial injury's.

So for instance a pawn has had an eye destroyed so not only do they get the penalty's associated with the loss of their eye. They also get the Social penalty because all pawns in Rimworld are jerks at some level and find people with facial injury's hard to handle.

So what can be done about it. Vanilla wise (the basic game no mods) the only way to deal with it is bionic replacement. So replace the eye for instance with a bionic one. This fixes the both issues. However there is a disfigurement that cannot be fixed in Vanilla which is nose destroyed. There is no synthetic replacement for a nose and you will need to look to mods for a fix on this one.

Scars by themselves do not count towards disfigurement.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Bozobub

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on March 30, 2018, 05:58:27 PM

So for instance a pawn has had an eye destroyed so not only do they get the penalty's associated with the loss of their eye. They also get the Social penalty because all pawns in Rimworld are jerks at some level and find people with facial injury's hard to handle.

So what can be done about it. Vanilla wise (the basic game no mods) the only way to deal with it is bionic replacement. So replace the eye for instance with a bionic one. This fixes the both issues. However there is a disfigurement that cannot be fixed in Vanilla which is nose destroyed. There is no synthetic replacement for a nose and you will need to look to mods for a fix on this one.

In vanilla, you also cannot replace a missing jaw.
Thanks, belgord!

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: Bozobub on March 30, 2018, 11:14:54 PM
Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on March 30, 2018, 05:58:27 PM

In vanilla, you also cannot replace a missing jaw.

Its been awhile since I played vanilla I thought there was more than one.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Texaskimo

I thought there was a denture to replace a missing jaw. Ears on the other hand can be sliced/blasted off and there's nothing you can do about it.

Bozobub

Thanks, belgord!

Texaskimo

Are you sure? I've never used mods, but I feel like I remember giving someone a denture.

Bozobub

Yes, I'm sure.  Even IF they existed, dentures replace teeth, not an entire jaw ;).
Thanks, belgord!

Ninos

You are wrong. You can replace a missing jaw. You do no not even need any resources.

Bozobub

Oops, I DO see a "denture" listed.  Doesn't make any sense that it replaces a jaw, however.
Thanks, belgord!

Texaskimo

I just took it to mean "jaw missing" didn't literally mean the entire lower jaw bone had been removed from your face and you were walking around with just exposed upper teeth and no way to close your mouth. Rather, "jaw missing" means essentially all your teeth have been knocked out, probably with traumatic damage to the bone as well but the basic mouth is still there. Then dentures replacing a "missing jaw" makes some sense.

It being resource-free, however, doesn't make as much sense. I'm not sure what resource it should use though. Steel?

sick puppy

yeah, dentures should have a cost just like peg legs do. maybe steel and stone? maybe plasteel if you actually want to increase your pawn's eating speed by a bit and give his jaw more hp for the next time?

disfigured in my experience comes from total max hp lost due to scars and lost parts, be that toes or fingers, ears, eyes and so on. as an example i have a beautiful pawn with a missing toe, finger and a scarred eye. everybody is afraid of her ugliness now.
pretty damn sure it can happen with every body part, except for ribs and inner organs, so yes, also ears, the nose, all scars, all limbs, fingers and toes.

Dashthechinchilla

Colonists will consider scars disfigured too. Two of my pawns kept getting into fights because one had a scar from my dogs over his eye from capture. The reason was always social fighting disfigured, and the scar was the only disfigurment between them.