[B18] Giants Race V1.0: A race of giants (Updated 4/13/18)

Started by KWPAllDay, March 30, 2018, 12:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KWPAllDay

Description
This mod introduces a race of giants to the game. They are quite large and very powerful. I don't know why, but they wear viking related items (because I like vikings). They have their own faction (with a unique symbol) and their own weapons and clothing.

The giants have their own backstories to make them a little more diverse (some will be warriors, some farmers, some workers, etc.). Non-giant pawns will not spawn with the giant backstories. The clothing and weapons from this mod will not be found on any other pawns besides the giants race.
I don't have a CLUE about any bugs with other mods, but there should not be any.
Yes they can be recruited, but to see them in existing save games you need the Faction Discovery mod. Otherwise, they will only appear as refugees.

REQUIRED
Alien Race Framework : Link
Recommended
Medieval times : Link
Faction discovery : Link
Patches
Combat Extended patch for Giants Race : Link

Attention Please
I am in college and don't have a whole lot of time to do things for this mod. I work on it when I can. If anyone is willing to help with texture making or ideas I would be SOOOO glad to have it. I love this game and I want to take this mod a lot further than where it is now (it doesn't add a whole lot right now). One man can only do so much with limited time and help. :)

Planned Features
-More Items overall
-Better textures (anybody? ???)

Credits
It would be myself, but of course I used Alien Race Framework 2.0 to make it possible. I borrowed a texture from my favorite mod of all time that I highly recommend if you want to use this mod, Medieval Times. Other than that, every texture was made from scratch by yours truly. I hope Vindar doesn't mind I borrowed his texture, but it perfectly represented a vikings helmet with a few modifications. By the way, viking helmets didn't actually have horns, but I like how they look.
Hopefully I can develop this mod overtime and find some people who are willing to help me make some textures. This is just kind of a rough draft as of right now. I want to flesh it out with more clothing and weapons as time goes on.
If you would be interested in helping or have any advice or recommendations, leave a comment.

Shout out to Rimworld of the Apes: Link
I used his mod (and I hope he doesn't mind lol) as a base to construct mine.

Download: Dropbox

Update 3/31/18 - Added a preview to the in-game mod menu and to the forum :)
Update 4/2/18 - Added a new peace of clothing!
                      - Tweaked the backstories so the giants aren't quite as skilled. They were spawning
                        with like 10 in almost every skill. Should not be the case anymore. Maybe.
Update 4/13/18 - Fixed a problem that caused all giants generated during a raid to spawn with the
                          "Giant Prodigy" backstory, due to misnamed defs.
                        - Fixed some misspellings and other small things
                        - Probably some other stuff I don't remember.

How to install:
MAKE SURE YOU ABSOLUTELY WANT THIS MOD APART OF A PRE-EXISTING SAVE OR NEW COLONY. YOU CAN NOT REMOVE IT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
- Download and unzip Alien Race Framework 2.0 into your mods folder
- Unzip the contents of Giants Race into your mods folder
- Load Alien Race Framework after core and/or hugslib and jecstools
- Load Giants Race anywhere after Alien Race Framework
- That's it!

To Update:
Same as first time install
-Download Giants Race
-Delete old folder
-Unzip into mods
-Boom. Updated.

To uninstall: I wouldn't recommend uninstalling it... Yeah 100% Not able to remove.

I don't know what this shit is. License...

Creative Commons License. Giants Race by KWPAllDay is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at Ludeon.com.

Jernfalk

Hey! Nice idea. That would be fun to try. Especially with Medieval and Magic mods. I'll definitely keep an eye on this. Also, it would be nice if you added a few screenshots of the giants and any new items the mod adds so that people have a better idea of what to expect since adding and removing mods can be risky for saves.

edit: Also, the preview image has the "Rimworld of Apes" preview instead of your own. xD Small detail

KWPAllDay

Quote from: Jernfalk on March 30, 2018, 01:04:01 PM
Hey! Nice idea. That would be fun to try. Especially with Medieval and Magic mods. I'll definitely keep an eye on this. Also, it would be nice if you added a few screenshots of the giants and any new items the mod adds so that people have a better idea of what to expect since adding and removing mods can be risky for saves.

edit: Also, the preview image has the "Rimworld of Apes" preview instead of your own. xD Small detail

Thanks man! I know it does lol. I used rimworld of apes as a base to create the factions because the instructions for alien race framework on the github are WIP and pretty vague. I will be sure to add a link to their mod too because I love it. I will remove that and work on some screen shots too.

Gerrymon

This is interesting. Screenshot please! Preferably their size comparison with normal pawns :D

KWPAllDay

Quote from: Gerrymon on March 30, 2018, 10:54:59 PM
This is interesting. Screenshot please! Preferably their size comparison with normal pawns :D

Gotcha. All done! :)

SansMasterBudaa :3

KWPAllDay

Yautja

Yea hm, can we have some pics please? I really want to see how its going lol

Btw, another ideia, if you could make something like the Zombieland mode, but with giants, I would be able to finally make my Paradis Colony! *Shingeki no Kyojin btw*

KWPAllDay

Quote from: Yautja on April 01, 2018, 10:56:20 PM
Yea hm, can we have some pics please? I really want to see how its going lol

Oh noooo. Can you not see the images at the top? If you can't I guess I need to post a link to them...
Edit: I think I fixed it!

Quote from: KWPAllDay on April 01, 2018, 10:01:50 PM
Quote from: SansMasterBudaa :3 on March 31, 2018, 02:19:29 AM
The mod seems interesing, testing  ;)

Thanks bud. If you find any bugs let me know lol.

It seems have incompatibility with epoe
(Sorry for my english, im from Latin American)
Anyways i can still playing without epoe  ;D

KWPAllDay

Thanks for letting me know. Hmmmm... I could either remove prosthetics for giants completely or make a patch. I'll see what I can do.

Jernfalk

Quote from: SansMasterBudaa :3 on April 02, 2018, 01:44:43 AM

Can you please post the bug? Because I just ran it with EPOE alone and all worked 100%. Tested it by installing an Advanced Bionic arm and an exoskeleton.

KWPAllDay

Quote from: Jernfalk on April 02, 2018, 03:31:15 PM

Can you please post the bug? Because I just ran it with EPOE alone and all worked 100%. Tested it by installing an Advanced Bionic arm and an exoskeleton.

I just tested also and it seems to work flawlessly. Epoe is not the problem. Not on it's own at least.

Quote from: Jernfalk on April 02, 2018, 03:31:15 PM

Literally i have 87 mod at same time running in my rimworld, so thats the problem  :(

Jernfalk

Post the error log anyway. With lick we might be able to discover what is conflicting and make it compatible.