Nostalgic funny story

Started by ewelupp, March 30, 2018, 11:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ewelupp

So I've been playing Rimworld basically since it's conception, a buddy of mine had a copy of one for the first releases and if you've ever played the original you know it's basically unplayable because early scripting would have a herd of muffulo suddenly all lose their minds and attack all four of your allowed colonists at once, and let me tell you, when a herd of muffulo attack in early game, there's no coming back. So my buddy and I used to set up a contest every day to see who would last the longest and it wasn't very long. Overall it was a funny experience seeing all our efforts to build some sort of defense fall short of twenty goddam pirates at the same time. Anyone else have any fun stories from early gameplay?
LOUD OBNOXIOUS NOISE

Vlad0mi3r

To play the original would be awesome. Just to see how far its come.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

ewelupp

As far as I know you can play earlier versions if you own it on steam, I haven't gone back but I'm sure if I did it would be just like the olden days.
LOUD OBNOXIOUS NOISE

sick puppy

i've always wondered what were the first and most basic options that tynan implemented into the game and generally how few things you could do at start.
but also, what options werent in the game that seem like the most natural thing to me right now? how can you play without them?

Bozobub

Quote from: ewelupp on March 31, 2018, 05:02:39 AM
As far as I know you can play earlier versions if you own it on steam, I haven't gone back but I'm sure if I did it would be just like the olden days.
You can only go back a few versions.
Thanks, belgord!

ewelupp

Quote from: sick puppy on April 01, 2018, 10:57:42 AM
i've always wondered what were the first and most basic options that tynan implemented into the game and generally how few things you could do at start.
but also, what options werent in the game that seem like the most natural thing to me right now? how can you play without them?
Basically all you had were turrets, pistols and rifles, some wall structures, some plants and native animals. It was pretty broken, especially since you could put it on the easiest setting and still end up getting wrecked by a herd on crazed muffulo or boomrats. The original, or as far back as I was, of the boomrats were red and far more explosive.
LOUD OBNOXIOUS NOISE

Listy

Damn.. i thought this was going to be about Mr Percival.