Cant load save

Started by ryder06, March 31, 2018, 02:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryder06

Hi, so i played Rimworld yesterday, and today when i tried to launch my save i was surprised to discover that my file was corrupted,
I tried to reinstall every mods but it doesn't worked.

I play with mods and my save is a permanent death save.
Here are my logs

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/381c896495c96e1ac136792458559bb6

The firsts translation errors are normal because i play with my game in french and my save is named "Butbourne (Mort permanente)"

I hope you can help me to understand theses logs
Thanks

Canute

Sorry the log don't include the safegame loading.
So we can't say why it didn't could load.
Try to made the log upload after a failed loading.

But if your PC shutdown during a safe process, or the volume was unexpected full, then the safegame might be lost.

ryder06

I uploaded this after a failed load, this is at the end

Loading game from file Butbourne (Mort permanente) with mods Core, 818773962, 1013648397, 936562361, 872762753, 730854291, 784370602, 1222814240, 1312986721, 1279933594, 725465444, 1232772426, 735106432, 932951772, 725956940, 857164561, 1055485938, 730899625, et 1296958152

StatRequest for null thing.

Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.StatWorker_MarketValue.GetValueUnfinalized (RimWorld.StatRequest,bool) <0x000d4>
at RimWorld.StatWorker.GetValue (RimWorld.StatRequest,bool) <0x000be>
at RimWorld.StatWorker.GetValue (Verse.Thing,bool) <0x00042>
at RimWorld.StatExtension.GetStatValue (Verse.Thing,RimWorld.StatDef,bool) <0x0002b>
at RimWorld.StatWorker.GetValue (RimWorld.StatRequest,bool) <0x0006f>
at RimWorld.StatWorker.GetValue (Verse.Thing,bool) <0x00042>
at RimWorld.StatExtension.GetStatValue (Verse.Thing,RimWorld.StatDef,bool) <0x0002b>
at Verse.Thing.get_MarketValue () <0x00019>
at RimWorld.WealthWatcher.ForceRecount (bool) <0x0014a>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Map.FinalizeInit_Patch1 (object) <0x00160>
at Verse.Map.FinalizeLoading () <0x006d2>
at Verse.Game.LoadGame () <0x002ec>
at Verse.SavedGameLoader.LoadGameFromSaveFile (string) <0x00178>
at Verse.Root_Play.<Start>m__0 () <0x00016>
at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action) <0x00028>

Canute

Sorry, you are right i am blind.

But the error don't give me a hint.

ryder06

nccvoyager

Usually, the error indicated is the result of a missing/disabled/unusable mod.
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

If you have removed or disabled mods the saved game you are attempting to load was using, then you will need to add the applicable mods back to your load order before you can load the game.

Less commonly, issues can be created due to replicated or missing Core files.
In such a case, uninstalling the game, making sure the core game folders are deleted, and then reinstalling the game should rectify the issue.

Side notes:
Some of those translation errors look like they might be caused by duplicated translation files.
It also appears that there is either something wrong with your video drivers and/or hardware, or there are actually missing shaders.

ryder06

Thanks for your answer.

So i tried to unnistall the game with steam and i deleted the other folder of the game called Ludeon Studio, but it doesnt works, moreover i dont think it is because of a missing mod because it doesnt say to me that a mod is missing when i load the save so every mods are enabled, im stuck, is it possible to delete the thing that cant load ?

nccvoyager

Since you reinstalled it, this rules out the Core files.
If all of the required mods are currently available, then I would guess one of two things.
Either the load order of mods changed, and a dependent mod is now loading before the mod it depends on...
Or one of the mods updated, and is now broken as a result of the update.
For the first option, you would need to check the workshop pages for your mods and compare it to the mod load order.
For the second, you would need to contact the mod author, and hopefully get them to release a fixed (or legacy) version of the mod.

I'm not sure what data is being searched for exactly, but it would seem that data is either missing from a mod definition file, or from the saved game itself.

While it is definitely possible to remove (or add) conflicting (or missing) data from (or to) a saved game, there are issues.
Removing one section of the data will probably cause other sections that reference it to fail, resulting in a still-unusable saved game.
Additionally, you would need to search for and remove all of the associated data in the file yourself, after figuring out exactly what data it is.
(There's no easy or automated method to do it AFAIK.)

I apologize that I am unable to provide further assistance.
Best of luck to you.

Since the issue appears to be caused by a mod, a moderator may move this thread to the mod bugs subforum.
If the thread doesn't get moved there, you may wish to ask around in the Mod Bugs subforum anyways.
They may be able to render more assistance in figuring out which mod may be causing the issue, and in how to fix it.

@Moderators; EX: Calahan, I'm not sure if this should be moved to mod bugs.
It looks to be caused by a mod, but I can't be certain.

ryder06

Ok i resolved the problem it was because of the minifyeverything mod the fact of reinstalling the launch pod has corrupted my file for thoses who think they have the same problem you must modify your save and here is how to do it https://pastebin.com/aAbjvTsG , thanks for your answer

nccvoyager

Hey, no problem.
Glad you got it fixed.
Enjoy the digital suffering!