[B18] Endless party bug. Force stop party using DEV mode?

Started by Distman, April 01, 2018, 09:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

The error message you're getting only says that the controller of some group activity on your map is missing a member that should be there. Errors usually cancel out any consecutive code, so probably the code that would make the party end never runs because of this.
Usually this happens if a pawn disappears via some uncommon way (mod!) and is not properly signed out from his groups.

One way you can fix your game is by editing the save game, finding the party group and removing all members. You can also try removing the party altogether so pawns don't immediately sign up again.

GamePro7803

I know this is an old thread but did either of you find a solution? I got a glitched party after the new update aswel which is how I found myself here. The party was outdoors too. Nothing I did could stop it.

I eventualy tried to godmode build wall over the ground that was being used to party. After making a large square and deleting it. The party simply disappeared!

Would like hear if your games got fixed in update! 😊

cyberian

Quote from: GamePro7803 on September 29, 2018, 07:10:58 AM
I know this is an old thread but did either of you find a solution? I got a glitched party after the new update aswel which is how I found myself here. The party was outdoors too. Nothing I did could stop it.

I eventualy tried to godmode build wall over the ground that was being used to party. After making a large square and deleting it. The party simply disappeared!

Would like hear if your games got fixed in update! 😊

THANKS for the hint

I just had this bug in 1.0
I actually solved it by deconstructing party spot and then building a wooden wall on the same tile

EDIT: somehow this bug is returning. Parties last forever and its extremely hard to get my colonists off them.

System.Linq

Quote from: Orion on April 03, 2018, 12:46:17 AM
The error message you're getting only says that the controller of some group activity on your map is missing a member that should be there. Errors usually cancel out any consecutive code, so probably the code that would make the party end never runs because of this.
Usually this happens if a pawn disappears via some uncommon way (mod!) and is not properly signed out from his groups.

One way you can fix your game is by editing the save game, finding the party group and removing all members. You can also try removing the party altogether so pawns don't immediately sign up again.

Hmmmm, Psychology might contribute to this if pawns that are hanging out (Hospitality guests?) and what not are not properly signed out from groups.