Merchants do not have plasteel

Started by TheShekelMaister, April 05, 2018, 05:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheShekelMaister

I have a weird bug in which every single one of my past runs, there is not only no plasteel above ground, no plasteel in ores below the ground, but also merchants aren't selling it. How does one fix this? I have made some posts on reddit but couldn't fix it. If this isn't the correct place to post this then i'm really sorry, and could you please redirect me to the correct place. thank you.

Calahan

If you just want to know the answer to the question "what are all the possible ways of acquiring plasteel?", then that would be a thread best suited for general discussion.

If you suspect your game is bugged (due to there being no plasteel to mine or buy), then the first thing that you need to confirm is whether or not you are using any mods, because that makes a fundamental difference in everything bug related. If you are using any mods then this belongs in the mod bugs forum (until it can be established that there is a vanilla bug present).

re: the possibility of a vanilla bug.

I have played two vanilla games with B18 myself, and both had plasteel available to mine above ground. So if you have had none on any of your B18 runs so far then it's ether just poor RNG luck, or something mod related (be it intended behaviour of a mod, or unintended). I did not get to the stage where I was mining below ground (so can't comment on that aspect).

IIRC all Exotic Good traders have the chance of selling plasteel, along with Bulk Good Ships (bulk goods caravans don't for whatever reason). I just loaded up my B18 vanilla save, dev moded an orbital trader, and the first Bulk Goods ship that showed up had 150 plasteel for sale. So I'd say if none of the applicable trade ships or caravans have ever had plasteel for sale (obviously they won't have any for sale if they are the wrong type) then it's either incredibly bad luck on your part, or again it's mod related (either intended or unintended).

Canute

Quote from: TheShekelMaister on April 05, 2018, 05:32:14 AM
I have a weird bug in which every single one of my past runs, there is not only no plasteel above ground, no plasteel in ores below the ground, but also merchants aren't selling it. How does one fix this? I have made some posts on reddit but couldn't fix it. If this isn't the correct place to post this then i'm really sorry, and could you please redirect me to the correct place. thank you.
Unluck isn't a bug.
Ofcouse a map don't need to have plasteel. And not every trader need to sell plasteel.

I suggest to you to use a mod to gain addition mineable resources.
Search for
Quarry
Omni Core Drill
DeepRim