[B18] RimStory v1.10 04.05.2018

Started by Khaligufzel, April 06, 2018, 07:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khaligufzel

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1353790132
https://github.com/Khaligufzel/RimStory

RimStory
Since starting my first colony in Rimworld I thought the game should be about the Story. I remember well when my first colonist die, first marriage in colony, raids... i remember how one guy, who barely knew about medicine, rescued all his palls.

I really, really miss those times.

That's why I made RimStory.

RimStory logs all important events of life in a colony life for example: deaths, marriages, epic battles and failures as well.

The colonists will organize anniversary parties, raise their glasses for their fallen comrades on the day they have died and so on!

RimStory
06.04.2018 v 0.99

Features:
funerals,
marriage anniversaries,
Memorial Day,
days of great victory,
individual thoughts.
Compatibility:
Should work with everything.

Saves:
Rimstory Shouldn't break saves although event preceading installation will not be recorded

Known bugs:
none.

ToDo:
more events,
more everything.
Thanks to:

Serpyderpy for logo,
Mehni for modding tips,
Crioware for some translations,
SoggyNoodle for everything :)

Licenses
You may use this mod in modpacks. Just tell me :)
You may use parts of this mod, but tell me if you do so.

Malacai

Awesome, i saw this mod in the unfinished section earlier this week and was already hyped for the release. Looking forward to more everything!

Khaligufzel

QuoteLooking forward to more everything!

"More everything" coming soontm ! :)

Khaligufzel

UPDATE:

Animals are important too! (well, since now :P ) Bondings and successful tamings are recorded too! :)
But we do hate bugs. That's why many of them were killed.

Enjoy! :)

Canute

Hi,
i just saw on an error report

[HugsLib][ERR] Found HugsLib assembly included by mod RimStory. The dll should never be included by other mods.

I think that speak for itself.

SirDarin

This is a really awesome idea, I find the stories are the best parts of Rimworld, but I tend to forget things that happened unless I immediately write them down. This will save me a ton of time.
Does Rimstory create a permanent log of events anywhere or is it only in the game screen? Will they continue to be listed in game when reloading the game, or is the list cleared when the shutting the game down?
I saw on the steam page that you recommend turning funerals off if using psychology, will it still log the funerals from psychology in the story screen?
Same question regarding Days Matter and disabling events.
Additional question, I saw that you suggest using either this or Days Matter. One thing I really like about days matter is that they do birthdays/relation/anniversary/year arrival parties. Does Rimstoru do similar, or will I lose out on those parties if I disable Days Matter?

Kori

Quote from: SirDarin on April 23, 2018, 11:46:42 PM
Additional question, I saw that you suggest using either this or Days Matter. One thing I really like about days matter is that they do birthdays/relation/anniversary/year arrival parties. Does Rimstoru do similar, or will I lose out on those parties if I disable Days Matter?

I was wondering the same.
Would it please be possible to make RimStory and Days Matter compatible? Because I really enjoy the possibilities of Days Matter when it comes to birthdays and parties (list of all birthdays, set the time for a party..)

Khaligufzel

UPDATE!
I'm back from hospital so I can work on RimStory again! :)

- from now important incidents like toxic fallout and infestations will be recorded too,
- you can now filter events in Story log,
- added Korean translation by soocheol747 (Thanks!),
- few bug fixes (thanks for your reports guys :) ).

@SirDarin
Events are stored in-game (for now) in your save file.
With RimStory you can't plan any events (colonists decide on their own what's important for them).
You can disable RimStory events in mod settings and use only StoryLogger :)

matheryn

so I'm having a delima I have this mod I also have days matter I also have notification archiver and I also have 2 or three other mods that all do the same as this one and I'm wondering if you are all coordinating ideas or doing your own things because I'm thinking that instead of having 4 story tabs on my bar down the bottom I could have one that does all the things that all of the story mods do. I know this is a personal issue where I have to either choose or use them all but I am just curious if you all do collaborate at all?

Khaligufzel

We do not, but I made RimStory to work with any mod.

My advice:
- if you use Psychology disable funerals in RimStory settings (to not have double funeral ;) ),
- if you use Days Matter you can just disable all events in my mod (to use only logger),
- Notification Archiver is 100% compatible with my mod.

I'm using Psychology, Notification Archiver and RimStory :)

I wonder, what other mods do you use for story?

SirDarin

So, with events and funerals disabled, will Rimstory still create a log of the events that occur and the deaths of pawns. Or will those no longer be listed as having happened?

Khaligufzel

Quotewill Rimstory still create a log of the events that occur and the deaths of pawns

Yes :)

SirDarin

Awesome, thanks for the info. I've been worried about turning those off in case it stops recording them.

matheryn

Quote from: Khaligufzel on May 04, 2018, 01:23:14 PM
We do not, but I made RimStory to work with any mod.

My advice:
- if you use Psychology disable funerals in RimStory settings (to not have double funeral ;) ),
- if you use Days Matter you can just disable all events in my mod (to use only logger),
- Notification Archiver is 100% compatible with my mod.

I'm using Psychology, Notification Archiver and RimStory :)

I wonder, what other mods do you use for story?

rimstory
tale log retold
notification archiver
days matter

sorry for the confusion of using more than I though but yeah those are the ones that I use that feel they all do the simular thing but each has a small extra that they add individually

qw1

Hey. Everytime i open Story tab i get this error and the tab is empty..

Exception filling window for RimStory.Window_Story: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimStory.AMemorialDay.ShowInLog () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimStory.Window_Story.DoWindowContents (Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I use Psychology and lot of other popular different mods. What might be the problem?

Also i disabled funerals in RimStory options.