[0.18.1722] Raiders not fleeing, fighting to the end

Started by PatrykSzczescie, April 07, 2018, 09:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatrykSzczescie

2 pirates raided my colony. It was a group of sappers.

(the map above has been screenshot a few days after the raid)

The raiders came from the edge of the map. They dug through field A, revealing a new area to the top of this field (yeah, the area on the edge had been undiscovered before the raid). Then a guy with Molotov dug through field B and attacked a colonist who I sent to shoot him down. During the fight, another pirate was standing in field C with a pump shotgun and wandered there.

As soon as the colonist killed the guy with Molotov, his partner started attacking the base going according to the arrows, dying in the circle, where he tried to fight off automatic turrets and the colonists.

Once I killed the guy with Molotov, I expected his partner to flee, but he didn't. His name was still shown red.

[attachment] contains the screenshot above, raw version of the screenshot, output log, the starting save and the current save.

I don't know any details about these raiders. They've expired due to being butchered.

PatrykSzczescie

Whenever I have another kind of raid, it takes exactly a half of pawns to incapacitate for the others to leave. But with sappers it's different. I've got surprising conclusions testing sapper raids.
- If there are 2-3 raiders and you down/kill the raiders except for the sapper, the sapper will continue the raid.
- If you down/kill at least half of raiders, excluding the sapper, all raiders will flee as normally.
- If you down/kill almost half of raiders and then down/kill the sapper, gaining or exceeding the threshold of half killed raiders, the raid will continue until another raider gets incapacitated.
I guess it's not intended. The sapper is bugged during raids.

pomerinke

So it would seem that the sapper isn't being included with the rest of the raiders when the flee response is being "calculated".

Hard to tell if that's intentional or not.