[B18] A mod about meat

Started by Wilhelm95, April 08, 2018, 10:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanobytez

Quote from: Call me Arty on April 18, 2018, 12:45:24 AM
Quote from: Nanobytez on April 17, 2018, 11:39:27 PM
To add onto someone else's power generation... what if you had a "generator" that was powered by sapping the bio energy from a pawn? Obviously not realistically cuz that would be super inefficient but I'd love to power my colony off a bunch of unruly prisoners suspended in large vats!

I've gotchu fam.

HNNGGG, you loyal. Time to put all those 99% fail to recruit prisoners to good use!

ZE

i saw that meat soil is not efficient?? did you know that the nutrients in meat are perfect for plants? i'd raise that up to 300% or more tbh!  dunno how you could code it but maybe plants grown in meat are .... different.... and have a meaty flavor...... dunno how to do that without making all new versions of plants that only grow in that soil....

Trait
True Carnivore (2) - Enjoys meat so much, will even eat it raw! gets a stackable (20) +10 mood "Meaty Goodness" when eating cooked/raw meat, and a stackable (10) +5 mood "Chewin' the Fat" for fatty gum (a meaty 'chocolate' equivalent)
Carnivore (1) - Loves grilled meat with a passion, talks about BBQ all day and night! "Meaty Goodness" from cooked only, no chewin the fat
Vegiterian (-1) - negative responses to seeing butchery, and eating of meat, fine with dairy
Super Vegan (-2) - negative responses to like..everything, annoying persons irl too (lol iTroll)

maybe a growable http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Alura_Une or maybe it can be a weed that rarely happens, hunts pawns nearby, can be tamed and a buildable meatboy at a sculpting table

Wilhelm95

I know that, but, balancing you know ~~

those traits looks cool, i'll surely give them a try in the next updates ^^

Wilhelm95

Ok, here's the actual roadmap, which is already a fucking huge amount of work :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eDybNq1vvPuVeId2SmhG4UKhG6lUshxasyYwmjhYHRM/edit?usp=sharing
i'll update this quite often, so come check for the advancement of the mod, or even to comment directly on the roadmap ^^

eagleFMJ

I noticed the candles & fat are missing from the download you posted.

Wilhelm95

Quote from: eagleFMJ on April 22, 2018, 09:29:11 AM

Yeah, maybe, that's a mess, i'm doing too much things at the same time lol, will release some fix updates today
(i was going to remove candles and fat from A Mod About Meat anyway since just candles use the same defs and is going to develop on his own)

eagleFMJ

Quote from: Wilhelm95 on April 22, 2018, 09:34:47 AM
Quote from: eagleFMJ on April 22, 2018, 09:29:11 AM

Yeah, maybe, that's a mess, i'm doing too much things at the same time lol, will release some fix updates today
(i was going to remove candles and fat from A Mod About Meat anyway since just candles use the same defs and is going to develop on his own)

No worries mate, looking forward to the update.

Call me Arty

Post Number One:
"Hey guys, I'm basically making a mod that will give you the ability to make blocks out of meat, like with the stone blocks."

Post Number Ten
"So, I've been looking through suggestions, and I am now working on a new feature. You will now be able to choose between a Rimworld, and a Meatworld (with it's own biomes, ecosystems, and weather patterns). Also trying to flesh-out (hehe) the Meatling's backstories, and I've got a couple good mo-cap and voice actors for that."
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Wilhelm95

Ok new release finally here  ^^

Last version was a big mess, so i fixed a lot of things, everything should work from now i guess
Added meat sculptures (2 smalls and one grand)
Removed candles, since they now got their own mod

Call me Arty

Have any penalties been considered for building with meat (aside from lack of food)? As cool as it seems, the mod kinda just seems to be aiming towards a gross red block. Anything along the lines of rot, attracting predators (giant flies/maggots, maybe?), real low durability, etc? I know you've already got about forty things you're working on, but it seems like an important aspect of row 35 (Mood debuffs from meat buildings). All that aside, I still love the mod, and finishing even half the things you've listed is going to put your mod with the cream of the crop.

Oh, and about these meat creatures you're going for. Are you going to aim for something goofier along the lines of Meatwad, or are you going to aim for twisted, like The Thing (from The Thing) or Frank (from Hellraiser, when he was still an incomplete bloody mess)?
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Father

have a bunch of these errors during game loading, anyone know what's the issue ? i put one of the errors below.

XML error: Duplicate XML node name thingClass in this XML block: <ThingDef ParentName="FleshWallBase"><thingClass>Building</thingClass><designationCategory>Structure</designationCategory><category>Building</category><defName>FleshWall</defName><label>flesh wall</label><thingClass>Building</thingClass><category>Building</category><description>A wall made of good bloody meat. Capable of holding a roof.</description><costList><MeatCube>5</MeatCube></costList></ThingDef>
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.XmlInheritance:CheckForDuplicateNodes(XmlNode)
Verse.XmlInheritance:ResolveXmlNodeFor(XmlInheritanceNode)
Verse.XmlInheritance:ResolveXmlNodesRecursively(XmlInheritanceNode)
Verse.XmlInheritance:ResolveXmlNodesRecursively(XmlInheritanceNode)
Verse.XmlInheritance:ResolveXmlNodes()
Verse.XmlInheritance:Resolve()
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs_Patch1(Object, IEnumerable`1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()