[1.0]Black Widows(03/21/19) - Killer Amazon Driders from Out of Space and Time~9

Started by zamnath, April 08, 2018, 09:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zamnath

Yeah, I'd be really surprised if Jecstools is what's causing you problems. I've used it in every test build of this mod outside the ones where I deliberately stripped all the unnecessary bits out.

After talking to folks over on the Race Mod discord, it sounds like your problem was likely one involving a save getting corrupted due to switching mods around mid-save, so hopefully you don't run into any new problems with this next try. Please let me know if you do/feel free to let me know how your new try goes even if it does work fine. I'd love to hear Widows play-through stories ^.^

Umbreon117

Okay. I admit I forgot this mod until a couple days ago. But I think I found the problem. (Unfortunate that I can't do an error log like I did previously, will explain below)

I started a new game with a bunch of mods (30 total). An example of the list is "Hubslib, HAR, HAR Preg addon, Combat Extended, Black Widows, BW CE patch, Androids, Android CE patch". I don't list them all because I don't feel like typing them.

Anyway, I have done absolutely nothing to my mod list to have caused this. No mods were moved around, no mods added/taken away, etc etc. If I save (And I have three copies) and log out of Rimworld completely, load it up again and reload any of the saves, everything is fine. If I exit out of Rimworld and turn my computer off, it seems to happen every time. After that happened this time, I decided to load up a previous save. The screen popped up saying mods were out of order. And they were...Because everything was duplicated. Mod position to mod position was perfect. I looked through all 30 + Core. After my last mod, everything, all 30 mods + Core, was duplicated on the "Mods you are currently running" part...No wonder I couldn't load the bloody game! My computer was trying to load 62 things when it can't load 50 reliably! And I actually remember doing and seeing a similar thing last time I played around with this mod.

I am currently doing a bit more testing, but after I confirm that this is the problem I am probably going to drop this mod till next update. Not because I am angry, but because I want to take a break from it on a happy note. The note being that I finally found the bloody problem!!! (Meanwhile, I will make a base without this mod so I can use Faction Discovery to bring in all that involves this mod at a later date! My master plan of turning all the humans into slaves shall not be halted forever!...Did I say that out load?)
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Canute

Quote from: Umbreon117 on April 29, 2018, 12:04:00 PM
I started a new game with a bunch of mods (30 total). An example of the list is "Hubslib, HAR, HAR Preg addon, Combat Extended, Black Widows, BW CE patch, Androids, Android CE patch". I don't list them all because I don't feel like typing them.
Just a hint since you use hugslib.
Press CTRL-F12, and the link you got include the modlist too, faster then typing.

zamnath

Quote from: Umbreon117 on April 29, 2018, 12:04:00 PM
Okay. I admit I forgot this mod until a couple days ago. But I think I found the problem. (Unfortunate that I can't do an error log like I did previously, will explain below)

Anyway, I have done absolutely nothing to my mod list to have caused this. No mods were moved around, no mods added/taken away, etc etc. If I save (And I have three copies) and log out of Rimworld completely, load it up again and reload any of the saves, everything is fine. If I exit out of Rimworld and turn my computer off, it seems to happen every time. After that happened this time, I decided to load up a previous save. The screen popped up saying mods were out of order. And they were...Because everything was duplicated. Mod position to mod position was perfect. I looked through all 30 + Core. After my last mod, everything, all 30 mods + Core, was duplicated on the "Mods you are currently running" part...No wonder I couldn't load the bloody game! My computer was trying to load 62 things when it can't load 50 reliably! And I actually remember doing and seeing a similar thing last time I played around with this mod.

I am currently doing a bit more testing, but after I confirm that this is the problem I am probably going to drop this mod till next update. Not because I am angry, but because I want to take a break from it on a happy note. The note being that I finally found the bloody problem!!! (Meanwhile, I will make a base without this mod so I can use Faction Discovery to bring in all that involves this mod at a later date! My master plan of turning all the humans into slaves shall not be halted forever!...Did I say that out load?)

That is a very interesting issue. Wowzers lol. This mod will still be here (and hopefully developed and improved) when you come back.

Coolphoton

Is there a chance that a non preganatcy version could be uploaded here?

zamnath

Quote from: Coolphoton on May 07, 2018, 03:20:26 AM
Is there a chance that a non preganatcy version could be uploaded here?

Yup! Next version will have the pregnancy patch removed until I can get it working. Expect another week or so before I post it, though. Want to do some quality of life fixes and the like so I can update this version and the Steam version at the same time to bring them into parity.

Yoonic

Hello, I'm a noob at modding. I got this error pop up everytime I open the game, hope you could help me with this. Here is my log: https://git.io/vpDOF

The error:
XML error: Duplicate XML node name size in this XML block: <ThingDef ParentName="ArtableBedBase"><defName>WidowBed</defName><label>widow bed</label><description>A two person nest-bed. Clever use of widow-silk renders this bed luxuriantly comfortable for many different users.</description><graphicData><texPath>Things/Building/Furniture/Bed/WidowBed</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Multi</graphicClass><shaderType>CutoutComplex</shaderType><drawSize>(4,4)</drawSize><damageData><rect>(0,0.05,2,1.95)</rect></damageData></graphicData><uiIconPath>Things/Building/Furniture/Bed/WidowBed_Icon</uiIconPath><size>(1,1)</size><comps><li Class="CompProperties_AffectedByFacilities"><linkableFacilities><li>EndTable</li><li>Dresser</li></linkableFacilities></li></comps><statBases><MaxHitPoints>200</MaxHitPoints><Flammability>1.3</Flammability><WorkToBuild>4500</WorkToBuild><Mass>90</Mass><Beauty>15</Beauty><BedRestEffectiveness>1.15</BedRestEffectiveness><Comfort>1.20</Comfort><ImmunityGainSpeedFactor>1.1</ImmunityGainSpeedFactor><SurgerySuccessChanceFactor>1</SurgerySuccessChanceFactor></statBases><size>(2,2)</size><stuffCategories><li>Metallic</li><li>

zamnath

Quote from: Yoonic on May 11, 2018, 12:13:27 AM
Hello, I'm a noob at modding. I got this error pop up everytime I open the game, hope you could help me with this. Here is my log: https://git.io/vpDOF

The error:
XML error: Duplicate XML node name size in this XML block: <ThingDef ParentName="ArtableBedBase"><defName>WidowBed</defName><label>widow bed</label><description>A two person nest-bed. Clever use of widow-silk renders this bed luxuriantly comfortable for many different users.</description><graphicData><texPath>Things/Building/Furniture/Bed/WidowBed</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Multi</graphicClass><shaderType>CutoutComplex</shaderType><drawSize>(4,4)</drawSize><damageData><rect>(0,0.05,2,1.95)</rect></damageData></graphicData><uiIconPath>Things/Building/Furniture/Bed/WidowBed_Icon</uiIconPath><size>(1,1)</size><comps><li Class="CompProperties_AffectedByFacilities"><linkableFacilities><li>EndTable</li><li>Dresser</li></linkableFacilities></li></comps><statBases><MaxHitPoints>200</MaxHitPoints><Flammability>1.3</Flammability><WorkToBuild>4500</WorkToBuild><Mass>90</Mass><Beauty>15</Beauty><BedRestEffectiveness>1.15</BedRestEffectiveness><Comfort>1.20</Comfort><ImmunityGainSpeedFactor>1.1</ImmunityGainSpeedFactor><SurgerySuccessChanceFactor>1</SurgerySuccessChanceFactor></statBases><size>(2,2)</size><stuffCategories><li>Metallic</li><li>

It's a known issue. Should have no actual impact on your game (other than popping up in your error log from time to time). Essentially, I defined the size of the bed in two separate places to make it fit properly both in the game's build menu and when it's built in the world. The game detects the two separate definitions and, even though they actually do work fine, sends out an error message about them.

I am fiddling with ways to achieve the same effect with the Widow Bed without having that error pop up, but you shouldn't have to worry about it having any negative impact on your game until then.

zamnath

Yoonic

Hey, after playing with this mod for a few days, I must say I love it! Seeing my spider girl with her MAGI suit and smg baiting tribal, divide raid forces and bugging the crap out of siege raiders is just so much satisfying. Thank you, for making the mod!

zamnath

Quote from: Yoonic on May 17, 2018, 03:23:20 PM
Hey, after playing with this mod for a few days, I must say I love it! Seeing my spider girl with her MAGI suit and smg baiting tribal, divide raid forces and bugging the crap out of siege raiders is just so much satisfying. Thank you, for making the mod!

Glad to hear you like it! You're quite welcome.

A quick note to folks: There seems to have been a minor pawngen issue that was causing map gen to crash for new games in the last few weeks. Fixed it and the mod should be working as it used to now.

Yoonic

Hey friend, when I see into the melee dodge chance, there is a -50% base value for the Widows. Why is this so? Shouldn't Amazon killers have at least the same dodge chance as those puny humans?  :'( :'(

Call me Arty

Quote from: Yoonic on August 18, 2018, 05:46:17 PM
Hey friend, when I see into the melee dodge chance, there is a -50% base value for the Widows. Why is this so? Shouldn't Amazon killers have at least the same dodge chance as those puny humans?  :'( :'(

No idea why specifically giant women fused to giant spiders with four times the legs as a human would be an easier target to hit than a comparatively smaller, more agile human.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Yoonic

Well, there is that, I admit. But isn't -50% affects to much on gameplay? I mean, it makes close ranged build Widows fairly weak compared to other races and if am not wrong, the Widows do not have any special melee attack either to make up for the loss in dodge chance.