[1.0]Black Widows(03/21/19) - Killer Amazon Driders from Out of Space and Time~9

Started by zamnath, April 08, 2018, 09:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

-50% dodge would be ok, because of the big size.
But then i would have a +50% parry because they have more limb they can use for mellee and be able to parry much better.

Yoonic

To close up on the question that I raised before. The reason that I asked that was because it seems strange to me that Amazon widows are a little bad at close combat but I suppose that you got your own balancing reason. Anyways, I do hope that this mod will be updated for B19.

zamnath

Have now updated the Black Widows for release! Got to fix quite a few bugs while I was at it, and add a few new features, too. Hope everyone enjoys it!

Canute

zamnath,
adjust the first posting topic so it show 1.0.
Adjust or remove old link's for EPoE and CE, they wouldn't work for 1.0 anyway i think.
Replace the steam link with the github link from Alien framework.
Then use "Report to moderator" so it can get moved back to the Releases subforum.
Or just made a new topic ! :-)

And much thanks for the update ! :-)

zamnath

Some images of new Black Widows content:
New widow specific trap:

New widow melee weapon, the Widow's Scythe:

New widow ranged weapon, the Widow's Rifle:

zamnath

Have updated the game with new MAGI armor graphics, a bow, and some flooring themed around constructing underground bases suspended over deep abysses (new stuff seen above).

Canute

You are a talent artist (or whoever made it) ! :-)
But personaly i dislike these yellow lines at the floor tiles, could you maybe add a version without them ?
I don't think it is possible to create bigger floor's then 1x1, so maybe adding some rug's like the floors at the size of 3x3,5x5,maybe 6x6 too so a double bed can placed into the middle.

zamnath

Quote from: Canute on February 28, 2019, 01:58:35 AM
You are a talent artist (or whoever made it) ! :-)
But personaly i dislike these yellow lines at the floor tiles, could you maybe add a version without them ?
I don't think it is possible to create bigger floor's then 1x1, so maybe adding some rug's like the floors at the size of 3x3,5x5,maybe 6x6 too so a double bed can placed into the middle.

Thanks! I'm planning a version using steel instead of gold, at some point, which will have a gray frame. Rugs are planned at some point, though it might be a while. Want to rework the bed graphics and put together some more outfits/weapons before doing more aesthetic stuff like rugs.

Canute

Can't you complete remove these frames ?
Ok i see with the current spiderweb it would look not so good, so you need to create a new web that connect to the adjacent tiles.
So you have a homogen spiderweb floor and not these tile look.

zamnath

Quote from: Canute on February 28, 2019, 05:17:57 AM
Can't you complete remove these frames ?
Ok i see with the current spiderweb it would look not so good, so you need to create a new web that connect to the adjacent tiles.
So you have a homogen spiderweb floor and not these tile look.

If I did non-tile webs, it would probably be as a rug so that I didn't have to work through how to make them work and look natural for the tile system that Rimworld uses. Maybe a fractal web design would work for floors? No idea how I'd actually make that, though.

Oh! And (modifying this post to avoid bumping): I've modified the evasion malus on Widows to -15%, Canute, after thinking on your feedback. Now Widows start with a penalty due to size, but can eventually end up with a reasonable (thought not incredible) bonus due to gear.

zamnath

Some images from the latest update:

Medieval Times helmets on widows.

Widow Turret.

"And it took the elephant three days to die."

Views of the new widow skirt.

zamnath

About to push out a new update with tweaked and enhanced raiding, new headgear, and a (temporary until I make something better) craftable piece of gear that enables non-widow pawns to walk normally over widow-web floors.

Some pictures from testing and the like today:

Updated Widow Armor with the full range of headgear. Pawn on the far right is wearing the typical gear of a Widow Matron (leader of Widow Faction). Want to update the Reaver Armor (worn by the matron) to better fit with the quality of the other gear, but am generally happy with how everything turned out!

Sometimes, in the middle of raiding, the bloodthirst that grips widows rages out of control and they'll start fighting each other, heedless of enemy forces.

zamnath

Some of the new content added with the current update:

Widow bionics.

Widow reaver faction's leader is now properly terrifying.

Tested the strength of the matrons and the new bionics (which they use instead of weapons) by having them face off against a Thrumbo one-on-one. It managed to chew through two, but the third took it down. I'd rate their close combat potential as roughly equivalent to a bear's. They generally dodge a ton, and they have solid ranged defense due to their Widow Crowns, but they're slower than most Widows and single powerful hits can generally take them down.

Canute

QuoteI'd rate their close combat potential as roughly equivalent to a bear's. They generally dodge a ton
8 legs, 4 arms and only like a bear ? Very disapointing.