Workers dont collect materials - Please help

Started by tomassonl, June 15, 2014, 05:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomassonl

Hello,

I was only recently gifted the game, so it might be something that has been discussed, but I have been unable to find a topic.

My workers sometimes refuse to collect most of the resources from for example mining or put farmed/raw food in the allocated stockpile.
I tried to priorizing one worker to only haul materials and this one then just goes idle. Can anyone advise on what Im doing wrong or is this a bug?

vagineer1

Is your stockpile set to receive the resources you aren't getting? Click on the stockpile and go to the storage button on the top right, from there you will see a drop down list of what the stockpile is set to accept.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

tomassonl

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I always put what I want to store where and put priority on critical. The problem is very random. It seems the only thing that resolves it now, is to start a new game.

vagineer1

No problem, happy to help.

It most likely is a bug, try sending a message to Tynan the Developer of Rimworld. He may be able to help.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Dr. Z

Maybe the resources are forbidden? If there's a red X in the bottom left corne of the resource image it's forbidden and you have to unforbid it by selecting it and pressing F.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Tynan

Based on your description, they're probably all just busy doing other jobs. Turn off some other work types for them in the overview screen - hauling is low priority by default.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

milon

What happens with a lower priority stockpile, like Normal or Preferred?

Tynan

Stockpile priority only affects the choice of stockpile, not whether to haul at all.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

milon

That's true, and I know I'm only a muffalo here, but I am a hobby coder and I was considering the possibility of a bug.  (No offense meant whatsoever.)  Also, the OP said the colonist was idle, so I doubt there was another job interfering.

@tomassonl: Can you try the save file on another computer?  If it reproduces, then you could also post the file online and others could look into it.