Prisoner Zones

Started by killerx243, June 15, 2014, 08:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killerx243

When I built my most recent colony I decided on each prisoner having a tiny room instead of a single room for all my prisoners. I wanted them to use a table that was outside of their "cell" but still behind a closed door. I think we should have prisoner zones that are essentially a home zone that allows prisoners to move freely between rooms the zone is connected with.

StorymasterQ

Add in a min sec and max sec and we get Prison Architect Rim World :D Though seriously, I kinda dig this idea.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

PillowTalk420

I've been wanting to do the same thing. I have a prison area with a closed in yard, but it would be nicer for aesthetics (and security) if I could have the sleeping area seperated from the outside yard with a door.

mrkillit

I like this idea.  I think prisoners should also try to escape, and if they are able to hang out in the same room they are more likely to plan an escape.  Also, if you have prisoners from different factions together they should have a chance of fighting.  On the other hand it should add to their morale if they can talk to other prisoners that they get along with.

forsaken1111

How about the ability to mark a door as 'internal' similar to the way they work in Dwarf Fortress. An internal door doesn't mark a room change.

Doing this, you could give a colonist a bedroom with separate dining room or make a prison with more than one room.

Jostino

Not a bad idea fellow! I quote him for this good thing.