[B18] Pawns never dying in gunfights

Started by tiller2222, April 10, 2018, 06:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiller2222

Hey all, I seem to have noticed an issue in the first year of my recent playthrough. Every time I am raided, I cannot kill raiders, or anybody else. Every time I drop a pawn, they never die, they are just downed. The only time I kill anyone is if a bullet hits them while they are already downed. It has been nice gaining so many pawns, but I feel like 10 + 6 prisoners is a ton for the first year. I have tried surrounding people and unloading, but nothing seems to work. I am using many mods, but none of them seem to change this. Has anyone had similar issues?

Calahan

If I understand the storyteller mechanics correctly, and based on the storyteller you are suing (and maybe difficulty as well), if you have a low number of Pawns then there is an increased chance of raiders being downed rather than killed. And vice versa if you have a high number of Pawns. So how many Pawns do/did you have when these raiders were being downed (rather than killed).

Quote from: tiller2222 on April 10, 2018, 06:25:48 PMI am using many mods, but none of them seem to change this.
I long ago lost count of how many countless times I've seen people write exactly what you've written, and yet the problem has always been related to their mods. If you are using mods then they can potentially mess up any part of the game. Not least because of simple mod bugs and human error, with both having unintended / unforeseen consequences.

Plus I have not seen anyone else reporting issues like this with B18 in the vanilla game. And B18 has been out for several months now, which significantly reduces the chances of this being a vanilla bug.

As such I am moving this to mod bugs until a vanilla bug can be established (although as I said it could be WAD depending on your Pawn count and storyteller). So since this is now a mod bug can you please post your mod list and log file (as attachment). Details of where to find and how to post these files can be found in the pinned thread at the top of the mod bugs forum.

Edit: This post is just a copy and paste of a post you made back in December. And you didn't respond to the two people who were potentially offering to help you back then: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37809.0

So why did you not follow up on your previous post and reply to the people who were trying to help you after you asked for help? And why now have you just copy and pasted your previous post and without including your mod list like one of those people asked you for, since it should be obvious that you'd be asked for it again now.

My troll senses are starting to tingle. I hope you are not just wasting people's time here.

tiller2222

I did not see any response, I was checking in my profile. Sorry, that was my first post and the page told me I had 0 replies.

Also, I have tried turning mods on and off and have found no resolution. I frequently encounter mod conflicts and resolve them by turning them on and off. This is the first time it has not worked. I have also not found anything on google. That is why I am posting here.