What should I do in the event of a infestation

Started by Captain_Silver, April 10, 2018, 07:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain_Silver

Allright here is my situation. Been playing for about 2 in game years and the infestation event has occurred. Thankfully it occurred near a small wall in  cave system a good distance from my actual base however as I've been told it will expand until it becomes a massive swarm.

I need peoples advice on a few plans I have devised for the situation.

Option A:
I attempt to kill the 7 megaspiders. Will never work in a million years because i dont have the equipment.

Option B: Burn em' out
Maybe. Ive got stuff ready to burn but i dont have any molotovs or anything to light it with. I'll just pray for a caravan I guess.

Option C: Start Packing
Essentially im gonna pack non-essential things up and make some packaged meals then move a hex away and set up a new settlement. Would be the easiest solution and might even be the smartest. I have some exceptionally talented colonists that aren't that great at fighting. I dont want to lose them.

Option D: Leave em alone and probably die.
Kinda self explanatory.

Give me your opinion on what I should do.

Captain_Silver

Good News, my incendiary IED trap I placed lit all those bastards on fire. Although the fire didnt kill them it did severely wound every single one of them and drove them mad in the process. I just picked them off from a distance and destroyed EVERY hive on the map. I can now peacefully continue expanding my colony.

Dashthechinchilla

Araxiel

To avoid spawns place walls on mountain overhead tiles. It works for me. I never liked fighting them.

Dashthechinchilla

I usually do remove roof to reduce the size of the area to just overhead mountain. Makes a smaller spawn area, but the effect is situational.

If I had caves, I would probably seal them with double or triple thick walls, and lay incendiary ieds\wood furniture\wood walls in them. Last time I had to do that, all I had to do was open it for repairs and reseal.