Name in game rejected

Started by Jumper, March 20, 2018, 07:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumper

Hi all,

Just had feedback from my creative rewards name in game, and as the subject says it was rejected. This was due to the nickname being an Internet handle.

My nickname is 'jumper' and has been for the past 22 years. It was rejected by itchyflea, I don't know if you check the forums but I really want to use this as it is my real life nickname and nothing to do with the Internet.

Calahan

Sorry for not noticing your post sooner. I don't know if you have managed to resolve this problem yet or not. But if you haven't then all I can really suggest is for you to contact ItchyFlea directly either by email via Ludeon support [email protected] , or by a forum PM (here's his profile page) https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=959, and put your case to him / argue your point, as to why in your opinion "Jumper" should be accepted.

I'm afraid I can't offer you any guidance or the like on the exact specifics of what is and is not considered an internet handle (although IMHO, it is a rather vague restriction criteria). The Creative Content Rewards (CCR) are a totally separate system to these forums, so we (the moderator's) have zero say or relevant opinion in any CCR decisions that are made. Nor do we now any of the finer details about the decision making process (other than what we have managed to glean over the years).

"Jumper" does sound more like an internet handle than a real life nickname to me, but that's just my opinion, and as I said, one that counts for nothing in the decision making. And equally, I'm sure there are people who would consider "Calahan" an internet handle (because I use it on some forums for close to twenty years), but that's been my real life nickname for one more year than you've been known as Jumper :) I haven't purchased the name in game pack, but if I did, and if "Calahan" was rejected for being an internet handle, then I'd likely feel just as disappointed as you.

Jumper

Thanks calahan.

I do appreciate the issues around this so have sent itchyflea a pm. I have been able to go into detail about where the nickname is from and more details that I couldn't put in a forum post.

Really do appreciate the response and calahan is a pretty good nickname as well  ;D

jeremyc9

I actually know a guy who has the nickname "Jumper" as well. Hopefully you get accepted. Good luck.

Tynan

Sorry about this. I'd definitely accept Jumper, it sounds like a perfect real-life-like nickname to me. If you email [email protected] linking this post Michael will sort you out.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

andy v001

I just joined this forum purely so I could point out that "Jumper" is specifically recommended in the naming guidelines on the link below lol.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HmLwOYk8e_kyQ4nEEfHtLr-vvPb03vkaOntnrVlPKM0/pub

Tynan

Yeah, that made this amusing for me too.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Jumper

Thanks guys. It has now been accepted. I thought i imagined the example of jumper but was sure I had seen it.
Might be worth sending itchyflea the naming guidelines   ;)