Is there any chance "create a backstory" will come back in any form?

Started by Lemonater47, January 30, 2018, 12:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lemonater47

I didn't know about this game until December of last year. Don't know how I even missed it. But it meant I missed out on the opportunity to create a backstory. Even if it was a pricey thing.

So yeah. I'm wondering if at all in the future this will make a return in any way, temporarily of course.

ethouiche

You could help modders writting stories.
For instance i am adapting Faster than light in Rimworld, it would be great  to have some help for backstories.

Lemonater47

Quote from: ethouiche on January 30, 2018, 11:51:11 AM
You could help modders writting stories.
For instance i am adapting Faster than light in Rimworld, it would be great  to have some help for backstories.

An intriguing idea. Though not many mods are full conversions that take place in another universe like yours are. But I'll send you a PM about it in greater detail.

With Rimworld the lore behind it is solid and a key part of the game. Not to mention it's a very good prediction as to what will happen in the future. Though the year 5500 is a bit optimistic for us to spread across 1200 light years of space. But with the recent advent of privatised space flight here now we could see mass colonisations done by corporations forming their own little nations on other worlds. Seeing it all spread exponentially. With no light speed travel or communication we would see isolated communities across our small speck of the galaxy.

It's a big part of what interests me. Your colonists could come from any number of backgrounds. They have found themselves on this rimworld for any number of reasons. Looking for a new life, an escaped slave, a refugee, a deserter, a member of a fallen civilisation an unlucky starship crewman. Anything.

So it would be good if it would return. Though I understand if it won't. Tynan wants of finally finish the game. After all the years he's worked on it and how extremely successful it has become. You gotta stop somewhere.

KardashianKim

Backstory, if it comes back to launch in a new way, I would say it would be a good one anyway.

TotalPleb

I would love the chance to add something I created to this game too! I've only known about RimWorld for a little over a month, but had I known about it before then I'd of paid out the cost of Backstory in Game in a heartbeat!

I feel your pain Lemonator, I really do.

Kirby23590

I hope so...

Many others can create some interesting stories for any characters even randomly generated characters.
if it comes back in any form i would like to see any backstory that adds some thing that's either joyful or a tragic backstory.

Even small ones that's like a paper crafter in their childhood turned into a serial killer or a space janitor or even turned into a street magician can sound interesting. Because of that it would be nice because it effect their stats in-game as well, as long it fits in the game's lore. ;D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.