All of my mods from my mod list disappears.

Started by Evaktos, April 12, 2018, 04:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evaktos

So I was on a modded Rimworld and my computer had suddenly blue-screened on me. All of my mods from my mod list have disappeared when i rebooted my pc and the game, only the Core is revealed.

this illustration shows what mods i had based on my previous auto-save (before blue screen): https://gyazo.com/172e0798b27a9b01e9af3bfab9c6594e

this illustration shows how many mods in the mods list rimworld thinks i subscribed to (after blue screen):
https://gyazo.com/7f8ef4873d7a70261ac987d54104c365

I run version 0.18.1722

harpo99999

I assume you are a steamed player, and it could be a steam issue as I have not seen this type of thing happen in the drm free version

Evaktos

Yes, I am a Steam player. I never really encountered something like this either. I tried looking for people reporting anything similar, but no luck.

Calahan

Have you tried / are you able to, just (re)subscribe to the mods you were using? (or the mods on that list when you try to load your save).

If the above doesn't work (for some reason) then deleting your config folder (see #1 below) should reset your mod info, and in so doing allow to you subscribe to your mods again.

If that fails then a clean reinstall should reset everything to square one. And if that fails then I'm afraid I've run out of pages in my "How to solve Steam issues" book (I don't use Steam myself if I can help it, so have little knowledge of its various quirks). Although other users here have more extensive books on this than I do.

Only other thing that makes sense is that all of those mods were simultaneously removed from the Workshop. Which is highly unlikely to say the least (unless they're all by the same creator, when it becomes far less unlikely).

How to Perform a Clean Reinstall

1. Reset RimWorld's configuration data by deleting all the RimWorld configuration files. You'll find them in one of the following folders (depending on your operation system):

Windows        C:/Users/[username]/AppData/LocalLow/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config
C:/Users/[username]/AppData/LocalLow/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld by Ludeon Studios/Config
Note 1: the AppData folder may be hidden.
Note 2: the RimWorld folder within LocalLow may differ for various users, see this thread
MacUsers/[username]/library/Application Support/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config
Users/[username]/library/Caches/RimWorld/Config
Linux/home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config

2. Uninstall the game and delete the game files.
-If you ARE on Steam:
  A: Unsubscribe from all mods in the Workshop.
  B: In Steam library, right-click RimWorld and select Uninstall.
  C: Shut down Steam.
  D: Delete this folder (if it's there): Steam\SteamApps\common\RimWorld
  E: Delete this folder (if it's there): Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\294100
  F: Restart your PC.

3. [Windows only] Download and run Delete_RimWorld_Registry_entries.reg (right click the link and use Save Target As) and double-click it to delete all registry entries related to RimWorld.

5. Open Steam, install RimWorld and play.

If the game still doesn't work then please repeat the above, inserting the following two steps.

4. Disable virus protection programs (they occasionally flag RimWorld as a virus and kill it, since it was downloaded from the Internet).

6. Remember to re-enable your virus protection.

Evaktos

Thank you for all of your effort and replies to help troubleshooting this problem. I managed to get it solved over on the steam threads. I greatly appreciate the support. here's a link to the thread if anybody ends up here before steam with this issue:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/294100/discussions/0/3211505894103758461/

Calahan

Glad to hear you managed to sort the problem out. And thanks for letting us know.

Can't say I can recall this happening to anyone else (or at least not reported here), but according to that thread at least one other user had the same issue, so thanks for linking to it. Should prove useful in future if anyone else reports the same issue.

eagleFMJ

Would like to add that starting the game with dev mode enabled + certain mods can cause this, has happen to me quite a few times recently. Now I make it a habit to keep a back up of my ModsConfig every time I add or remove mods just in case.