[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

Code is more or less the same. In the case of Configurable Maps there's much less code. The code in both cases are also never run while the main game is running, just when a map is being generated.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Greed_GorAshaar on September 12, 2018, 11:05:33 AMBy switching mods on and off, I verified that it is the above-mentioned ones that cause trouble. The problem lies in the drop in fps and performance even on the 64 bit version.

No offense, but the above really doesn't provide much information to work with. It's hard to debug issues when you're not sure what the issues actually are, and can't reproduce them.

And while I appreciate the vote of confidence, the reality is, Kiame's a better coder than I am. If there are problems, I'm sure he'll track them down. And I have every confidence that his updates to my mods will be more efficient than my originals.  :D
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

rawrfisher

Some of kiame's more experimental mods have some flaws that make it kinda hard to bugtest tho.

Speaking of which Kiame if your still watching this thread I'm starting to have issues with weapons storage producing the same issues change dresser did.  As always tho its nothing serious just save issues cluttering dev log.
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Kiame

I just thought of something that could be happening with Faction Control and performance.

IIRC the game is updating each settlement's spawned pawns (leaders initially then more as time goes on) throughout the game. If there are more settlements there are more pawns to update in the background. More pawns to update can slow the game down.

rawrfisher

Hmm If thats the case I would have noticed the slowdown myself.
20+ factions ingame = lots of pawns to update + those in the orbitals.  I also have a mod that makes all faction bases keep a stock of slaves on hand as well.

I tried starting a new colony to test the configurable maps and I get struck by a stupid world gen bug -_-
It predates adding configurable maps and seems to have something to do with number of factions lol
Professional jerk

igotnostuff

Hello Rainbeau

Please automatically FORBID the wood that drops from falling drop pods and stuff.

Canute

igotnostuff,
normaly all the stuff from Cargo pod event's are forbidden.
So maybe you use a mod that changed that.

igotnostuff

When the cargo pods hit the trees doesn't it drop wood?

Edit: I'm using Rainbeau's Scenario Mod by the way just to add context. Technically I am indeed using a mod but the mod is still Rainbeau's.

dburgdorf

Quote from: igotnostuff on September 13, 2018, 12:41:56 PMI'm using Rainbeau's Scenario Mod by the way just to add context.

Mentioning which mod you're using when reporting a bug or requesting a change isn't "adding context"; it's an essential part of the report. If you don't mention *which* mod you want changed, how is anyone else supposed to know?

That said, I'm not going to be making any further changes to any of my B18 mods, and I have no idea yet if I'll bother updating "Scenarios" to B19. If I do, I'll see about your request, though to be honest, it's not a change I'd particularly like, myself, so I don't know how likely I'd be to actually implement it. I've always preferred that things only be forbidden if I specifically forbid them. If something appears somewhere on the map automatically forbidden, and I don't happen to notice it, then my pawns never get it, and it ends up going to waste. I'm not sure why you'd want that as a default.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

igotnostuff

Quote from: dburgdorf on September 13, 2018, 01:50:37 PMIf something appears somewhere on the map automatically forbidden, and I don't happen to notice it, then my pawns never get it, and it ends up going to waste. I'm not sure why you'd want that as a default.

Because it's just wood.

What makes me ask for this change is because I recently got into a siege event. I forgot that they would eventually drop pods for them to build mortars on. I didn't notice that the wood was unforbid as it was mixed with their own supplies. As I was preoccupied with aiming my mortars. A colonist went over the enemy camp to haul the wood and got killed.

rawrfisher

I have issues like that with insect hives so unless there's a reason I just keep restricted to home area
Professional jerk

dburgdorf

Just wanted to note for the benefit of any who might care but not already know, that there's a new thread for my b19 mods, both the ones I'm updating myself and the ones that have been taken over by other folk. :D

Buy me a Dr Pepper?