Difference between Fridge and Shelf

Started by Syrchalis, April 13, 2018, 05:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrchalis

So there is two mods I use - single shelf and Rimfridge.

One very important thing is different between the two - if I place a fridge with psychoid leaves next to a crafting spot (that means in any tile surrounding it, diagonal or not) the pawns can sit in the crafting spot circle and their progress bar will keep running through again and again with them not moving at all. However, if I use shelves they have to move on top of the shelf and then return to the crafting spot, costing time.

When I have someone augmented with bionics and good traits this extra time is easily twice as long as the crafting process. Now for this I can just use the fridge, since psychoid leaves spoil anyway, but that doesn't work for many other things.

I tried looking at the defs of the two mods, but I couldn't find the difference why they can grab stuff out of the fridge from a neighboring tile but they have to step on the shelf to grab things from it.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

jamaicancastle

I'm pretty sure this boils down to passability - either the fridge is set as impassable and the shelf to "pass through only" (meaning pawns can walk over it, but not stand on it), or the fridge is pass through and the shelf is fully walkable. Either way, if the pawn can stand on the item's square, they'll do so, but if not they will pick up the item from an adjacent tile; it just happens in this case that they're already in the adjacent tile.

Syrchalis

Both are pass through only, that's why I am confused.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.