"A new hive has spawned!" ...but there's no hives to be found?

Started by Sola, April 14, 2018, 05:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sola

Got an infestation, business as usual.  Take it out, call it a day.

"A new area has been discovered!", just to the south of my mountain base, even though I hadn't mined my way in there yet.  There's a dormant hive and some bugs in there.  I ignore it, since I'm still recovering from the infestation.

Two days later, "A hive has spawned!" in my storage, near the infestation site ...Uh.. what?  Sure.  I kill it.  Back to recovery.

Two days later, "A hive has spawned!" in my storage again.  Right.  kill it.  Maybe the dormant hive is spawning them somehow?  I mine my way in there and kill it just in case.  Now there's absolutely no hives left, and I am in desperate need of recovery (no devilstrand yet, 4 of my 5 combatants are brawlers).

Two days later, "A hive has spawned!" in my storage again.  I exit the game.

Anyone else having this problem?
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

Canute

This happen sometimes when some Ancient danger got triggered somehow.
Looks like these ancient danger contained hive, and since they got activated but not discovered, they started to do their job and expand the area thats why you got the msg. "A new area has been discovered!".

Daimonin

I've been there. There's probably still a hidden cave somewhere (could even be just a 1x1 space) that has a hive in it. You'll want to find it and terminate it... because all it will take is a moment of weakness when you can't kill the hives it spawns, and then you have a bug army on your doorstep.

Last time that happened to me, I ended up having to just up and abandon the settlement and move a few map tiles away.