What do you hope to see from the Cryptosleep Revival Briefing implemented

Started by Call me Arty, April 16, 2018, 04:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call me Arty

The Cryptosleep Revival Briefing is quite an interesting bit of lore. It mentions such things as the Xenohumans, which are highly requested. It also mentions other such things that I haven't even seen requested, like six levels of technology opposed to our three (Neolithic - Industrial - Spacer) with some pretty neat technology prescribed to each, including: Mud structures, animal oils and hydro power, and drones with designated uses (like roombas and terminators).

The question is: With the limited time and resources the game has for development, what do you want to see in the game specifically from the briefing?
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Jackalvin

-Insert Witty Joke Here-

Names are for the Weak

Some colonists should have genetic enhancements, though not necessarily enough to warrant xenohuman status. Stuff like improved eyesight, resistance to extreme temperatures, etc. Most genetically improved humans would only have one enhancement. You can also get vials of genetic modification mechanites as quest rewards or from exotic goods traders. When used on a colonist, it would give them one random beneficial mutation, though it cannot heal any lost organs or resurrect people.

Call me Arty

Quote from: Names are for the Weak on April 16, 2018, 05:48:17 PM
Some colonists should have genetic enhancements, though not necessarily enough to warrant xenohuman status. Stuff like improved eyesight, resistance to extreme temperatures, etc. Most genetically improved humans would only have one enhancement. You can also get vials of genetic modification mechanites as quest rewards or from exotic goods traders. When used on a colonist, it would give them one random beneficial mutation, though it cannot heal any lost organs or resurrect people.

Tynan owes me nothing, and I haven't even purchased my own copy after 800+ hours, but I would still feel betrayed if (gravity) dwarves weren't implemented. At that point, it's atleast unique enough from space-LASIK, and not as crazy as things like the Apini. If we wanted minor improvements, we could just use prosthetics or drugs.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

Call me Arty

Quote from: Jackalvin on April 16, 2018, 04:19:10 PM
Genetically Enhanced Cacti
It needs no explaniation

Absolutely none.

I actually really like the idea of it. It would help add that bit of quirk to the game, like the Boomalopes.

Kirby23590

I think i would like to see Gravity Dwarves or Soldiermorphs.

I can see using Dwarves for being hard to hit and used for mining if they better at mountain bases but knowing their weakness as well (slow movement?). I think they are easily suited for construction and crafting arts or weapons as workers.

And Soldiermorphs for being primarily fighters for the colony since they are stronger than average humans and could take more punishment as appearing in enemies raids can but their short lifespans balances things out, good and bad at times.

The radiation resistance could be a trait instead. Where i would mostly use them to scavenge in Toxic Fallouts for food and meat or if randy decides to in throw something good in pod crash event in a Toxic Fallout since they could survive out longer outside with a slower toxic buildout without a modded radiation suit.

Oh don't forget talking animals! Talking dogs anyone?

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Call me Arty

Quote from: Kirby23590 on April 17, 2018, 04:22:30 AM
Oh don't forget talking animals! Talking dogs anyone?

While I anticipate Xenohumans the most, I can't deny the appeal of seeing Fido go on an insulting spree.