I play "cooperatively" with my co-workers. Here are the exit inteviews.

Started by mibi, April 14, 2018, 10:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mibi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhaIQWx6wao

One of my favorite aspects of Rimworld is using Prepare Carefully and other trait mods to be able to replicate other people I know fairly accurately and play with them as 'characters'.

Given that, I thought it would be fun to do the same with my co-workers, only they would be allowed to choose their own traits and backstories that reflected who they were.

So I created a RimWorld scenario with 6 co-workers as the starting pawns. Then I would play one in-game day (about 30min) per actual day, and update the co-workers in real time with screenshots and gifs of what was happening. All communication took place in a dedicated Slack channel.

Where there were opportunities to make big decisions "Should we recruit this downed pirate?" or "Should we use our beloved pet in a human sacrifice" I allowed the participates to take a vote. I made other game decisions based on players individual desires that they communicated to me. One person was vegan, so I had to set up a separate fridge/cooking system to ensure there was no meat in her meals and only she could access it.

It lasted about 34 days. I was running 100+ mods, most notably the Rim of Madness, which affected much of the stories and actions.

This video is an edit of the exit interviews of the participants.

It was a massively fun experience and we are running doing a season 2 shortly.

I have about 160 mods going for season 2, but I am always looking for some that will spice up the story and interactions between characters.

df_inc

Sounds like a lot of fun.

I like to use real world friends/family in some of my scenario's too. It adds a little something, especially when retelling them of their antics.

Albion

Sounds like you had quite some fun.
I would love to see a more in-depth storyline with those gifs and pictures and stuff since the video kind of only hinted at the highlights.
Looking forward to season 2.