Poor Orion...

Started by Heibernur, April 16, 2018, 02:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heibernur

(1st post :P)

Hi! I'll be tellin' you guys a sad story, about Orion, a 71 year old castaway.

When I got the message, I didn't want to accept it, because, after all, it's uncommon for people of age not to have health issues. But, she was a castaway, had experience surviving these wild planets, so I thought of giving her a chance. She was being chased by two tribals with bows, and we were able to defeat them both. When I check her traits, character, and health... I got disappointed to say the least. An artery blockage, a bad back, a methadone addiction, incapable of firefighting, violence, and dumb labor, plus her skills weren't good at all compared to the problems she carried. But... I decided to give her a chance, still. The next day, I sent one of my colonists, Kemp, to hunt an elk because we were running a bit low on food. The elk got mad, and K.O'd Kemp, and she then got rescued by Orion, although after rescuing Kemp, Orion got a few bruises from the elk. In the end, she was on her edge, and went on a mental breakdown, harming herself. I had no patience left, I'm gonna be honest. I was cruel. I banished her.

But she came back. She went berserk and went after one of my colonists. In a certain way, she was right. I abandoned her on her most vulnerable state... But mid-way to one of the colonists she tripped, and couldn't get up. Fairly, I got mad that she tried to backlash, so I stripped her of her clothes so that we could at least get something out of that, and left her on the ground. Not much time later, a hungry, hungry wolf came hunting her down, and devoured her head off. I guess it was fair.

She must have done terrible things in the past to deserve such karma.  ;D

Update: Guess karma's after me now...

One of my colonists, Park, is a pyromaniac. His mood was down, and I guess you know what happened. Firestarting spree. When he was undergoing that, I had just sent my colonist over to hunt some alphabeavers. It's winter, so it took her a long time to get back. She did, extinguished most of the fire, but still major losses. Out of nowhere, this arctic wolf came down hunting for her. She got bit on her neck, and right after she sent a bullet through the wolf's liver and spine, killing it instantly. At the time, she was more concentrated on putting the fire out, since it had gotten wild and spread almost all over the base. The aftermath... An infection, with a level 1 doctor (Park)... And no medicine. The infection won. Rest in peace, Kemp.

Last update: It's over.

Alexei, a paramedic, was being chased by two pirates. It was someone else, it would be a help to the colony so I accepted. We downed one of the pirates, Xue, which was a pretty good colonist, Alexei was too. Notice the "was". Park went on another firestarting spree, it was, again, too late. I decided to banish him for the destruction he had done to the colony, and decided to heal Xue up, take her and move on to somewhere else... Only thing is Alexei had almost no clothes on and the temperatures were below -10C. Needless to say, he died of hypothermia, and Xue, being locked in her prisoner room, died of malnutrition.

What an ending! :'(

[attachment deleted due to age]
~Heibernur

Shurp

And now you know why most rimworld players will banish pyromaniacs on sight. :-P
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.