[1.0]No camshake explosions (AKA Outer Galaxies' Firecrackers)

Started by Razzoriel, April 17, 2018, 02:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razzoriel

This is not a mod per se, but a simple assembly for modders looking to mod in bomb effects that carry zero camera shake on explosions. Perfect for low-impact firecrackers or one-tile explosions. It adds a new DamageWorker class called BombNoCamShake. It works exactly like the DamageWorker_AddInjury class, but it has no camera shaking code, which means that regardless of the size of the explosion, there will have no camera shake at all.

A special thanks to the Rimworld Discord people, sma342, Mehni and erdelf for the aid.

HOW TO INSTALL
1) Download the .zip.

2) Extract the content to your Mods folder in Steam/steamapps/common/Rimworld/Mods

3) Enable the mod in the game.

4) Enjoy firecracker grenades.

If you want to use the code for your own items, simply delete the ThingDefs_Misc folder and use as DamageDef for your explosives the Firecracker one. You can also create your own DamageDef for flame explosions without camshakes, for instance, by simply using the <workerClass>Firecracker.DamageWorker_BombNoCamShake</workerClass> parameter inside your custom DamageDef. I'll try to make a custom Flamethrower mod using the Firecracker code as an application example.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Bunkier

Now my explosion videos can be stable!

undereastern

You Supeeeeeeeeeeeer Great! Now I can make Flamethrower without shaking whole world. Thanks!

Trunken

Thank you for updating this on my request. You're great :)