Chainsaws

Started by Ruil, April 17, 2018, 09:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruil

First off, Rimworld is one of my favorite games of all time. Nearly 30 years of age and have been a gamer my entire life; this game is special and absolutely blows my mind one man put forth the bulk of the effort. Thank you so much Tynan Sylvester and Ludeon Studios, please continue making masterpieces.

That out of the way, chainsaws would be an excellent addition. Could double as a melee weapon with tremendous damage output, but poor fuel economy. Refueled by chemfuel of course! Research tree additions as well for the saw, perhaps even go so far as having electrically charged chainsaws as a later version that could have recharging cradles. Would be great to have some more speed in clear-cutting a forest impeding my sight lines for the turret nests and sandbagged choke points  ;D

I don't know a lick of useful programming and understand implementing something like that might not be worth the effort, but as a big fan of the game thought I'd put my two cents in.

KozmoD

I just loved the idea. Not only tool for killing pesky trees, but also a Weapon. Chainsaws could have the same speed debuff of Minigun and be fueled/have a battery as you said, and just to torn people in half for damage.
This game seriously need better melee options, I mean, the raiders come with energy guns while the brawler goes with a shiv ? Thats not right! We are deep in space age, give us some Light Sabe... I mean "Charge Long Swords" XD (with a recharge station also used for the eletric chainsaw!)

Tomasdav

Yeah chainsaws and other tools would be great aswell. There is mod for pickaxes and woodcutter axes tho but chainsaw its just so good and I would like to see some kind of progresive knife (Neon Genesis FTW) style melee weapons aswell

OFWG

I love this idea. Seems fairly easy to implement and balance.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

KozmoD

Also a Fueled Drill so mining doesnt take 300 years and to open holes in people :D

KardashianKim

Chainsaws if I want to buy them somewhere. I want to use

Wex

You could have power drills, for mining.
And for opening holes into pirates.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison