Steam

Started by savaze, September 18, 2013, 03:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Semmy

Quote from: Yarkista on October 04, 2013, 11:48:35 AM
Quote from: Semmy on October 04, 2013, 11:20:31 AM
Quote from: Yarkista on October 04, 2013, 10:28:38 AM
Quote from: British on October 04, 2013, 04:33:41 AM
My hope is that Valve collapses and everything related to Steam dies in a horrible and painful fashion...
Also, having Steam, which is all about control in a self-contained environment, on Linux, which is the epitome of openness, makes me cry tears of blood.

But yeah, that's just me.
And yes, I have to vent once in a while, more so when I see people going all mushy about Steam :-[

D':

Damn man, you realy hate steam hah ;)

wow what a hatred of steam indeed d-;

I on the other hand think its one of the most awsome sites ever.
I buy my stuff from keysites and add it on steam. I can now play wherever and whenever i want.

Just to play devils advocate here, what if steam for whatever reason goes offline permanantly, what will happen to all your games?

by the time steam has run out my usseless summersale money investments its about 2123
and ill be dead d-;
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Hypolite

Quote from: Yarkista on October 04, 2013, 11:48:35 AMJust to play devils advocate here, what if steam for whatever reason goes offline permanantly, what will happen to all your games?
That's a valid question, and I was reluctant at first to be tied by Steam's ability to provide the games I bought, coming from a cardboard video game box background.

But I found out that I wasn't playing anymore with my old physical games anyway, be it because there was incompatibility with my newer OS or because I grew tired of them. That's why even though I found GOG amazing, I never bought more than a few games. I like that there is so many games I played available on GOG, but they'll probably stay as a memory.

Now for the new games available via Steam, if that platform vanishes (which is possible as everything else), I'll continue buying games from somewhere else, probably not the same games as I did (or didn't do) with my physical support video games.

All in all, I enjoy the overall Steam experience, and I'm not attached to a virtual property that I know I wouldn't care to lose access to like I lost access to my physical games before that.

Tynan

Just dropping in to note that we're still doing well on Steam. That little green line in the bottom left? The last point rises over the course of the day until it creates the next point at the start of the next day. And there are still hours left in today for it to rise :)

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Semmy

Quote from: Tynan on October 04, 2013, 01:10:58 PM
bladiebladiebla

man your doing awsome
Edmund Burke

British

Quote from: Semmy on October 04, 2013, 02:08:20 PM
man your doing awsome
Quoting huge stuff is not awesome, though.

Semmy

Quote from: British on October 04, 2013, 02:16:35 PM
Quote from: Semmy on October 04, 2013, 02:08:20 PM
man your doing awsome
Quoting huge stuff is not awesome, though.

Sorry british you are completely right.
I tought i deleted the big stuff but my iphone must have fubarred
Edmund Burke

Tynan

Semmy

Yes that is really good.

It means the game will pop up more often and steam will be notified about it and almost wont be able to get around adding it to greenlight.
Edmund Burke

GC13

With a quality game it's almost just a matter of time before it gets greenlit, it seems. Right now it just looks like RimWorld will have to wait a lot less time.  :)

Tynan

YBenjius

Quote from: Tynan on October 05, 2013, 02:37:09 PM
MUHAHAHA!

That looks awesome! How far away is the game from the top 100? Also, is that the point where the game will be allowed on Steam or do they have other criteria?

Yarkista

Quote from: YBenjius on October 05, 2013, 03:15:58 PM
Quote from: Tynan on October 05, 2013, 02:37:09 PM
MUHAHAHA!

That looks awesome! How far away is the game from the top 100? Also, is that the point where the game will be allowed on Steam or do they have other criteria?

It's an arbitrary number that gets you onto greenlight and steam, valve chooses things with high votes but that's no guarantee that the game will be accepted.

Tynan

Nope, there's never a guarantee, you are correct. Still, it's encouraging progress.

Yarkista

Quote from: Tynan on October 05, 2013, 04:32:29 PM
Nope, there's never a guarantee, you are correct. Still, it's encouraging progress.

Oh yes, we have a good amount of votes so far.