First draft on possible character.

Started by Kelfka, October 29, 2013, 03:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelfka

Name: Afeeba Dafo

Test subject #11,529,914 of experiment #56,048 spent her childhood in white rooms performing mental and physical tests with only a voice called mother for companion. Praises from mother were earned for success and harsh punishment for failure.

As she grew up, the tests went from geometry to quantum physics and she was able to run the grand gauntlet without a scratch. One day, mother said that her final test lay beyond the red door and even if she didn’t hear mother, she would always be with there.

My explanation for the hexadecimal name.
In hexadecimal AFEEBA = 11,529,914 and DAF0 = 56,048

Obviously, her social skills would be very low and having spent her life in white rooms she probably would not want to get dirt under her fingernails.

Perhaps this set of skills:
Construction: 0
Growing: N/A
Research: +3
Mining: N/A
Shooting: 0
Hand To Hand: +3
Social: N/A
Cooking: +1 (Cooking is chemistry)
Medicine: 0
Artistic: 0
Crafting: 0

Tynan

I'd put the last name in normal caps, but this is actually a pretty darn clever idea. I like how you don't try to explain everything.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Kelfka

I could elaborate, but it's challenging to pack as much info as possible in only 2 x 50 words. 
I do have to admit that I left a lot of questions.
- Who or what is Mother?
- Why was Afeeba being tested?
- Were their really 11.5 M test subjects on a single experiment?
- What happened to the other test subject?
- What's the deal with the "red door"?
- What did Mother mean when she said "I will always be there"?
- Is Afeeba still being tested wile on the planet?
- Is RimWorld just one big experimental game where real people die?
- Are you sure you're just a player in this?

Tynan

Players may decide their own answers to some of these questions. That's the beauty of story-generating games :).
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tony

Quote from: Kelfka on October 29, 2013, 08:22:22 PM- Who or what is Mother?
GLaDOS ?

I really like this bio.

In the last part of the adult life description, 'she would always be with there' looks to need editing a little. :)
Tony Gibson

Kelfka

Plz believe me when I say I never played Portal and I didn't know who GLaDOS was.
But the similarities are a little creepy.

I hesitated with "always be there" and "always be with her". I wanted to keep the Big Brother thing and not motherly love. So I kept "always be there".
It's a little typo that will be corrected. I would like to claim a Neil Armstrong moment but unfortunately I didn't go as far as the moon.  :(

EarthyTurtle