Character Draft - Rikkada Holms

Started by SPAZZx7, November 02, 2013, 07:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAZZx7

Rikkada Holms "Fatdawg"

I tried to be as vague as possible while still giving away the main back story i developed for this character.
Goals were to create someone with an interesting background, thats well thought out enough to inspire other creative ideas.

(I also tried to simplify it, not sure if i succeeded)
=====
Childhood-
Being sold as common test subject, Rikkada soon found himself surrounded by darkness as his life was filled with hard manual labor alongside intense experimentation. As he predicted the various experimental effects of the students, Rikkada slowly began to grow fond of the practices taking place around him...Embracing them...

Construction -2
Growing - 0
Research - 0
Mining -2
Shooting - 0
Melee - 2 <- Strength effect? (Should i remove?)
Social - N/A
Cooking - N/A
Medicine - 2
Artistic - 0
Crafting - 0

Adulthood-
Being rescued from a shadowed past. Rikkada dedicated his life exclusively to pursuing childhood interests; Throughout time, many unusual methods of dealing with abnormalities were discovered, as Rikkada rarely failed to influence captives into participating.

Construction - N/A
Growing - N/A
Research - 4
Mining - N/A
Shooting - 0
Melee - 0
Social - 6
Cooking - N/A
Medicine - 7
Artistic - N/A (Hobby or work?)
Crafting - N/A (Hobby or work?)

Traits-
-Prefers dark settings
-Refuses to do forced labor, like from childhood.
-Dead bodies do not effect him. (He grew up around this kind of thing)
-Often builds a strong influence over others to get his way. (Does not "really" care much for others.)

Any thoughts, advice, or healthy criticize'em is welcome.

(Also it would be nice if we had a list of traits and skills to ban and imply, as i could not find a good reference.)

Tynan

The creative rewards guidelines have a skill listing; I just added a listing of the work tags as well.

Unfortunately I have to decline the name Fatdawg. It's too out of place in the world.

A melee bonus is fine for childhood.

The writing has some issues. For example, "Being rescued from a shadowed past." isn't really a valid sentence, and you shouldn't capitalize after a semicolon. I recommend you try to simplify. Use short sentences that express one concept each.

Also, you can't define custom traits this way. Traits aren't defined for these characters because they don't work in the game yet, and I don't have time to program thousands of custom traits anyway. The trait that does work is refusing to do labor; this would be a disable of ManualDumb work, I think.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog