I want surgeries without anesthetic!

Started by bozdogan080, April 19, 2018, 10:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bozdogan080

Why waste your precious medicine on a worthless prisoner while you steal their organs just to make them feel no pain?

They DESERVE the pain when you open up their chest and rip their lungs out...

And there should be a mod for that! Like, everyone would get a moderate debuff from it and the victim, i mean the patient would get a HUGE debuff. Also 2 or 3 people and a special bed would be required to restrain the patient...

Now that's my kind of mod! (But i don't know how to code im a filthy peasant.)

Canute

Not to speak that the doctor need to be a psychopath or he will turn berserk.
Each operation without anesthetic should give 50% pain to the patient, so he don't will surive many of them.

Why you don't get a mod to gain organ from death people ?

Jackalvin

But what about that prisoner that killed one of your colonists, and had like 7 berserk sprees? I'd get my slowest surgeon on that ****.
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

bozdogan080

I already have the mod that lets you harvest organs from dead people and its OP as ****.

I have an entire storage room dedicated to organs. :-\

Canute

Try the mod Prisoner Ransom.
Its easyer to stack silver then bodyparts. :-)

mataschmata

Bozobub

To answer OP's question a bit more seriously, you'd harvest more organs, more safely (for your doctor/medical staff).  Remkember, the longer they live, the fresher their organs are!
Thanks, belgord!

hanskanns

There is at least one situation, where it would make sense to do surgery without medicine/anesthetic, and it happened several times to me and I am a bit annoyed, the game doesn't let you.

- imagine a new game, where also no herb plants are on the entire map
- someone gets an infection in a hand/arm/leg and it needs to be cut off

Under normal situation you would obviously do it to at least have a small chance to have the person survive.

But Rimworld seems to follow the logic: No surgery without anesthetic, even if it means the patient dies.

Bozobub

RimWorld already gets enough flack, as a "war crimes sim", that going full-on Mengele is probably not the best plan.
Thanks, belgord!

Hilvon1984

Well... First problem I see with this mod is the requirement for several people to restrain the patien.
Rimworld Job system is not really well designed around the idea or requiring several people to perform 1 job.

Also even if the patient is restrained, but not uncouncious it is kind of hard to extract an argan intact.
And you can always think that when you operate your prisoners to extract organs, the medicine is used to preserve organs after they are extracted, and not to aleviate prisoner's pain.

PS:
I want a mod that allows you to ude drug lab (or cooking station) to distill beer into booze, which is both higly addictive recreation drink, and a weak medicine. So you can anestesize your patients and disinfect wounds with booze. And then drink the rest either to celebrate success or to mour the loss.

StlyAu

Quote from: Hilvon1984 on March 05, 2021, 06:56:17 AM
PS:
I want a mod that allows you to ude drug lab (or cooking station) to distill beer into booze, which is both higly addictive recreation drink, and a weak medicine. So you can anestesize your patients and disinfect wounds with booze. And then drink the rest either to celebrate success or to mour the loss.

I believe Vanilla Extended has a drink mod that makes booze.