what this game counts as healthy is somewhat questionable

Started by babaGAReeb, December 30, 2018, 10:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babaGAReeb

real ''healthy", i guess they didnt notice that she is missing most of her body parts and organs after trying to raid my place.

Shinzy

Demoulius

I think healthy status ties into any active diseases, open wounds and such. And she does indeed doesent have any of those ;)

Shurp

Pogo stick, lol!  How do you hop up and down when your one leg is wooden?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Dargaron

Quote from: Shurp on December 31, 2018, 03:49:24 AM
Pogo stick, lol!  How do you hop up and down when your one leg is wooden?

Poorly.

On-topic: now it's time to test the Theseus' Ship problem: replace all her missing parts with bionics and see if it's the same person.

Shurp

No no no, replace half her parts with bionics, and assemble the half you took out with more bionics to be her clone... which one is the original?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

AileTheAlien

Canute

That isn't that easy like you think.
Any expierence you made determine what person you are, that include missing limbs or Bionic limbs too. Not only the brain.
That's why someone who totaly lost his memory could build up a total different personality.
Or a clone of you with the same DNA could be a total different person like you.

That question isn't so easy to answer.

5thHorseman

While funny, the game just define "Healthy" a bit more specifically than you expect.

It's no more confusing (and in fact is less confusing) to me why the chair inside a room is a "building" but the room itself is not.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Shurp

Quote from: AileTheAlien on January 01, 2019, 02:32:29 PM
The one with the brain; Duh.

Let me get out my mod tools and add bionic brains to the game... :)

Foefaller

To the Pain?

I've also gotten "left the map healthy" for releasing prisoners that almost certainly died 5 tiles off the map from infections, or who were still recovering from wounds.